• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gotta hold those high-quality artbooks somehow!
Yeah, all their KnT releases are BD/DVD combos.
Yeah, those giant artbooks that you can't really keep anywhere. lol
I suppose if this is the only way they can get away with charging a premium, I'm okay with it.
On the flip side, the Infinite Stratos set was cheaper, comes with Japanese VA commentaries and the soundtrack for the series, so I have no idea. :p

Niice.

I still get Usagi Drop flashes looking at Kimi's art.
Girls like the same art!

Very!

If Rihoko can do it then anyone can!
Pretty much! No excuses!

---

5 minutes of IS episode 2 dub:
The fake British accent that Cecilia uses is how I imagine Jexhius speaking in real life.

Also, China girl doesn't get a Chinglish accent. How disappointing. :(

Ultimadrago

Black Lagoon 6

ReDyU.jpg

Somewhere...beyond the sea...

So we start out on...wait for it....the water! Seriously, I never thought this would be such the sea-faring show. Anyways, it seems that it's payback time for Team Lagoon, so Revy goes devil mode and does her do.

hLjuy.jpg

Gurl, have I told you yet? You craaaaaazay!

You can feel the aura of blood lust seeping off Revy's body during her massacre spree. It's made lengthy, but done slow paced. There's more "ummph" when a hungry beast slowly extinguishes the life of their enemies. One-by-one-by-two.

She even goes for those
steering the ship. I thought that was cool beans, but Dutch disagrees and halts devil mode Revy.
The "respect" Revy has for Dutch makes for a nice watch. It's a nice contrast to the beast that was happily bathing in liters of blood earlier.

Episode had action and blood. This is good. It also showed the killing side of Dutch, which was cool-headed, but intimidating. Rock took a backseat to digest what Revy told him, I hope he is ready to keep that knowledge ready for future episodes.

zeroshiki

Amazon.co.jp: 『となりのトトロ』&『火垂るの墓』2本立てブルーレイ特別セット (初回限定) [Blu-ray]: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007UN1PS6/

Nice of them keeping the tradition of the double feature presentation of Grave of the Fireflies & My Neighbor Totoro... but in a optional Blu-ray pack! And Totoro now ready to light the charts on fire.

YES YES OMG THIS WILL BE MINE

Huh, they went with green for Totoro and red for Grave. Kokurikozaka is blue too. I'm betting Chihiro is gonna be pink or something. They're gonna run out of colors soon.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Spring Anime 2012 |OT2| Drooling Like Zombies For a Taste of Rick's Bread

If Rihoko can do it then anyone can!

Clearly, AnoNatsu should have taken the multiverse route.

and relegated Ichika's route to a joke arc like Risa in Amagami

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Once you're in the
friendzone, it's up to you to get out of it!

----

More 3DS shitty camera pics!
5tGNyl.png

One of these things is not like the other.

(I'm STILL amazed at how fucking big the NISA boxes are).

Fuck, I forgot Infinite Stratos came out! Decisions... I like Charlotte.. but don't care for the rest of the show...

... decisions...

survivor

Banned
Ano Natsu 11

See Ichika, you should have listened to your sister and went home. But no, you had to stay with Kaito and get all your friends killed

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuck, I forgot Infinite Stratos came out! Decisions... I like Charlotte.. but don't care for the rest of the show...

... decisions...
Hahaha, it's probably not worth it. That said, the bonus features are kind of crazy for a release as dumb as this one. They even have the radio episode thing translated on the disc.

The camp value of the dub is pretty fun though. You can tell they're hamming it up as much as they can.

Jarmel

Banned
It's a pretty sweet song. I like this Hemenway band; hope to hear more from them in the future.

I actually hate the song but it fits pretty well. Like I stated earlier, Bones is very good at editing songs and matching the visuals to create good OPs. They rarely put out a shit OP.

Those visuals ;_;. I am surprised about how much they focused on a city which means AO might be more modern compared to E7 in a lot of regards. It also seemed to imply more world traveling than the synopsis prior to release gave. I mean everything we saw of Okinawa looks nothing like that city so adventure time! Something interesting is how Ao chases the bracelet to the moon(heh) which seems to imply that they do know about the inconsistencies in the world and are probably going to address them.

The split pupil for the villain is a rather interesting character design that I've never ever seen before and it's somewhat disconcerting.

One thing I'm still very curious about is how Naru plays into the story. It's not like she pilots anything and seems her ass just gets taken along for the ride so I'm wondering if she's going to be the weak link in the story/characters.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fractale's supposed to be crap, right? I get an overwhelming urge to watch it every time I listen to the amazing OP song.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fractale's supposed to be crap, right? I get an overwhelming urge to watch it every time I listen to the amazing OP song.
I like the ED, but that's because I actually like Down by the Salley Gardens more than anything else.

I bailed after episode 3 though, because the tone whiplash was too much. Strangely, I decided to watch the last episode just to wrap it up.

Jarmel

Banned
If you can't you can't call yourself a real jazz musician. The only classical players that do this are Horn players.

I never got to the level of doing full songs but it's not as hard as it sounds. After you play for awhile you recognize how certain notes are supposed to sound.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHAHAHA

Infinite Stratos dub: When Chifuyu shows up in her swimsuit, you can hear someone say:
I can see her labia
!!!!!

Man, the dub is like an in-universe rifftrax or something.

Defuser

What do you guys have against Kanna? Did she kill your dog or something? Why are hating on a girls who has a pure innocent love for the MC? First Shirley, Hare and now Kanna?
Spring Anime 2012 |OT2| Drooling Like Zombies For a Taste of Rick's Bread

This I can get behind.

trejo

Zombie Idorus of the Dead 3

Girls molesting a chainsaw, butt-love, voodoo, bad choreography and delicious BL. Now this is more like it.

Jarmel

Banned
What do you guys have against Kanna? Did she kill your dog or something? Why are hating on a girls who has a pure innocent love for the MC? First Shirley, Hare and now Kanna?

Shirley was an annoying character. My only wish is that justice was done to her sooner. Hare was a better character than Inori so I have nothing against her.

Lain

Accel World 2

Wonder if fatso will be such an annoying person for the whole show, or if he'll grow up and stop being a self-pity machine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you're in the
friendzone
, it's up to you to get out of it by yourself!

:O Those Kimi ni Todoke sets are tempting.
They are something. I'm looking forward to the S2 set to complete the collection!

---

Also, the IS commentaries - I can't tell whether or not the actresses actually like the show or if they're pretending that they like the show in order to keep up the illusion to the fans. :p
And for some reason, it's still missing some commentaries. I guess they could only pay for two of them.

Ultimadrago

Accel World 2

Wonder if fatso will be such an annoying person for the whole show, or if he'll grow up and stop being a self-pity machine.

My best guess (from the sidelines) is that he'll "grow up" mentally for the climax of an arc's final battle and then degrade back into an annoying character until the climax of next major battle.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'd buy the KnT sets but knowing NISA the second discs probably have the picture flipped or some other crazy error that only NISA could not notice before shipping.

Kore wa ZOmbie Desu ka? OTD 03

Butt love and Moon walking, MJ breakdancing. Orito being insane. Bondage near the end.
Oh man I love this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom