• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

jbin0EF4X80g51.jpg

You know you like it.

I have to say that that pic is pretty baller.

The AJ one, less so

Makoto

Is it just me, or does the girl on Sakamichi no Apollon really look like a guy with a wig? It's kind of bothering me, but other than that the show is alright so far.
I'm actually really surprised no one on GAF mentioned this. I thought it was a bannable offense or something. Everywhere else I see people bring this up and I agree, she does look male in the structure of her face.

Jintor

I'm actually really surprised no one on GAF mentioned this. I thought it was a bannable offense or something. Everywhere else I see people bring this up and I agree, she does look male in the structure of her face.

Just don't use any slurs and you should be okay.

Kagami

OOH NYAA OOH NYAA. I MUST FIND A WAY TO GET THIS.
The Lite version is linked from that page
Direct link: http://soukyu.net/ext/apk/WallpaperNyarukoLite.apk

The full version is sold on a couple of doujin download stores: Melonbooks.com and DLsite.com
DLsite has an English side but currently this app isn't on it. Might or might not show up there depending on the whims of the author.

Signing up for the Japanese side of Melonbooks and DLsite is pretty easy, though.
Especially Melonbooks--as I recall it just asks for an email address and nickname and that's about it, no real life address.
PM me if you want to buy the full version and could use a sign-up guide for Melonbooks.

Makoto

Just don't use any slurs and you should be okay.
I understand. I just thought the mere mention of that character looking masculine was one of those AnimeGAF-specific restrictions like [redacted] so I was afraid to say anything.

I mentioned it several times! lol
If it was in this thread then yeah, I totally missed it. I've been lurking the Sakamichi no Apollon thread and didn't see any mention of it, so I just kept my mouth shut about it.

Tsuritama 2
tumblr_m2qz1oSoma1r7627ro1_500.gif

I think the OP is great. Really everything this episode was as good as the first. Nice character and interactions, great choice of Voice actors for them. Only minor issue is just the
world saving plot in ~11 episodes? Is that even possible, I just hope it doesnt feel rushed

I think Yuki and Natsuki are my favorites, Chizuru is fun too. Need more time with Akira Yamada, but he had a cool intro.

Sengoku Collection 3

Just holding on to see if the plot goes deeper. Really boring episode that I found myself just drifting off thinking of other things while visuals went by. They could have really condensed some of this stuff or done more than one character a week. Its really hard to accept that this anime gets so many episodes when other more compelling anime with better appealing characters get stuck with 11-13.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven AO Ep.2

Fuck you Bones, when this bombs this is going to hurt like hell.

Where do I begin? The absolutely amazing music, the gorgeous visuals with the great color palette, smooth animation, the great fight choreography, the rawness in the VAs, the awesome characters, or the fact that they played through the ED ON THE SECOND EPISODE.

This soundtrack is stunning. So far it's better than the first series which I would have ranked pretty high on quality.

The ridiculous attention to detail such as the velocity difference between the two moving vehicles. Oh wow. Most shows would have completely ignored that. Breaking the glass. Something that would probably be common sense in a case like that however is almost never done in fiction.

What the fuck. It's like they're trying to create a great show instead of just cashing in.

cajunator

Banned
Eureka Seven AO Ep.2

Fuck you Bones, when this bombs this is going to hurt like hell.

Where do I begin? The absolutely amazing music, the gorgeous visuals with the great color palette, smooth animation, the great fight choreography, the rawness in the VAs, the awesome characters, or the fact that they played through the ED ON THE SECOND EPISODE.

What the fuck. It's like they're trying to create a great show instead of just cashing in.

I kind of doubted it was going to be as bad as people were fearing from the start. what reason was there to think otherwise? I mean its still one of Bones' beloved properties, with a good history and the mechas still look good in AO. the character designs were different but thats no real indicator. I didnt see any reason why the show couldnt at least maintain a similar level of quality as the original.

Jintor

I understand. I just thought the mere mention of that character looking masculine was one of those AnimeGAF-specific restrictions like [redacted] so I was afraid to say anything.

As far as I understand it it's a forum-wide issue. Check in with TransGaf for further information.

I kind of doubted it was going to be as bad as people were fearing from the start. what reason was there to think otherwise? I mean its still one of Bones' beloved properties, with a good history and the mechas still look good in AO. the character designs were different but thats no real indicator. I didnt see any reason why the show couldnt at least maintain a similar level of quality as the original.
You clearly haven't watched the movie.

Jarmel

Banned

The quality of this is better than the original series. What the fuck.

It should be interesting to see if they can keep this up.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So what if she does? Its notl ike it makes a difference. Thats just how they designed her character. Its not a big deal.

Square-jawed is how they like 'em down in Kyushu anyway. Sengoku Basara taught me that the entire island is populated by roughnecks and badasses!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Polar Bear Café 03

Polar Bear is the worst friend ever. :'( Panda just wanted some appreciation from his friends.
The zoo is a bit racist though.

This show helps me unwind after a hard day. I imagine this is the same sensation cajunator feels every time he watches cute things.

cajunator

Banned
I imagine cajun as a big burly truck driver who happens to love moe/cute stuff which gives me the lol.

Well that's certainly incorrect. I don't drive the trucks silly. I dispatch them!
I'm the little nerdling sitting at the computer directing them. Guiding them.

Ultimadrago

Black Lagoon 7

So Dutch is attempting to make Rock and Revy make up. LOL. Let's hope this works.

Field trip time: Rock meets the criminal associated of Team Lagoon.

NeIee.jpg

Rock's diplomatic skills gets them out of a "pickle"

Development evolves between Rock and Revy in terms of a heated battle. This scene was tense, involving and well done in the regards of patching things (for now).

Looking forward t more gunnin' in the next two episodes

Ultimadrago

Cajun will always be a cute penguin at a breakfast table on a mission to defeat evil by lunchtime.

What can I say?

First impressions are strong!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's becoming obvious that AnimeGAF needs its own version of Realpic month. We can draw an animefied/moefied version of ourselves and use them as avatars for a few weeks.

My avatar wouldn't change, of course, because I actually am a mahou shoujo in real life.

survivor

Banned
It's becoming obvious that AnimeGAF needs its own version of Realpic month. We can draw an animefied/moefied version of ourselves and use them as avatars for a few weeks.

My avatar wouldn't change, of course, because I actually am a mahou shoujo in real life.

Mine wouldn't change either

If you really look like your avatar, expect a lawsuit from Toei.
I wanted to pick a show more recent than 2007.
Aoi Hana.

Jintor

I'll do something later... it'll be a good chance to add fire back into my avatar

Eureka Seven: AO EP2
Omg. omgomgomg.

Nirvash is what Eureka used to arrive on this planet, and it hasn't worked since.

I was right, Trapar density is MUCH lower than the original series. They even gave it a real molar concentration!

We finally hear the compaq sound, and mention of "The third engine" in Nirvash "finally working again". Clearly the Compaq is the third engine, something that doesn't exist in standard technology of this world.

The three smugglers looking at Ao through binoculars on a hill is identical to a scene in episode 2 of the original series. I knew the Smuggler leader was like Holland, this solidifies the imagery.

GenBleu made a big deal about a bipedal humanoid LFO.

Why do they call LFOs, IFOs now?

Eureka's hair turned Black after living in this world for a period of time.

And finally, destroying the scub coral would destroy the entire island? Big plot detail.

have they explicitly said this is a sequel to the original anime, and not the movie?

duckroll

Yeah? And I'm Mickey Mouse. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom