• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Can't wait for the new E7AO trailer and the new Blood-C The Last Dark trailer to show up. Both were shown at ACE today. E7AO's official site will update by tomorrow. Not sure about Saya, but I'm sure she's protecting the trailer for us.

I hope she protects it well for us.

Fate/Stay Night 10:I'm trying to figure out if the fact that hardly any of the Masters being proper mages in this go around of the Holy Grail War is supposed to be ironic or not. Only Rin and Assassin's Master seem to actually be mages. Shirou, Shinji, and Ilya are all not mages. As mage wars go, this one seems kind of crappy, especially compared to the previous one being covered in F/Z where everybody is busy spamming their magecrafts at each other.

Illya and Shirou are both mages, only Shinji and
Caster's master
are non-Magi, and the latter is hardly useless in a fight. Shirou's pretty useless in the Fate route though.

Fate/Stay Night 13:If ufotable can't remake Fate/Stay Night, they should do Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA☆ILLYA instead so we can all have MOAR ILYA!! Well, I suppose they should do Fate/Hollow Ataraxia to complete the story first before they start doing alternate universe side-stories.

You are in luck then, Prisma Illya is getting an adaptation. Hollow Ataraxia wouldn't really work. It's not really a proper sequel and is structured oddly. And I don't think there's much of an audience for an anime starring
Bazett and Avenger.

Steroyd

Space Bros - 01

That was fun, a nice blend of comedy, with the typical "follow your dream" motivation to the character, I like the initial impression of this, and I hope it continues on.

head2.gif

Who knew Zidane's actions still had ramifications today, poor Muketsu. :lol

Can't wait for the new E7AO trailer and the new Blood-C The Last Dark trailer to show up. Both were shown at ACE today. E7AO's official site will update by tomorrow. Not sure about Saya, but I'm sure she's protecting the trailer for us.
Oh damn, I totally forgot about this. Just two more months. I hope there's singing!

BluWacky

Space Bros was really good. Characters! Actual, likeable, adult characters! In a vaguely realistic setting! And yet this is a show clearly targetted at children from its educational bumpers and timeslot!

Plus it wasn't hideously animated either. Great OP.

A very pleasant surprise.

How much more material do they actually have to adapt, anyways? Could there actually be a third season?

Like 12 Light Novels worth of content yet to be animated (which finished last year). There's enough content for at least two more seasons, if not more. I'd be happy with a blendered S3 though for closure's sake.

Might still be possible, at the end of last year they broadcast S1 and S2 on Nico and they pulled around 180-200k viewers each.

I want to believe.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 1

Bwahahaha. That was pretty cool! This show looks promising.

Loved the
Agony of Doha and Zidanne headbutt references.

FvPss.gif

Man, Cinerama was so crazy.

The Seattle Cinerama still stands today, one of only 3 theaters left in the world which can still show 3-pane Cinerama. It occasionally shows classic Cinerama films in the original 3-pane format, though these days it's mainly used to show ordinary large-format 35mm and IMAX films on a flat screen that slides down in front of the curved Cinerama screen.

The other two theaters are in LA (naturally) and the UK.

Milamber

Decided to rewatch Nichibros until the new cour of anime start, & I noticed something. This scene from ep. 4 until the season end,
was it all a dream? Is that why he rarely appeared?

/XX/

https://twitter.com/#!/naganomamoru/status/186292125195960320

Gothicmade will open in cinemas in Japan on Nov 1 2012. So much for "Spring 2012" lol.
Why I keep trusting in what they say? At least I hope that wasn't the only information to come from today's Mr. Nagano & KADOKAWA presser.

Maybe announcing it on April 1st is a reverse troll, because it's real!
I can only assume you're telling the truth, even though today is the dreaded day. I look forward to the Blood-C trailer.
In retrospect, making coincide the ACE 2012 with this day and its antics wasn't the most sensible of the ideas...

2.59:1 Cinerama. Three projectors for maximum wideface.
And also CinemaScope, for a extreme anamorphicly expanded wideface.

At this point we're close to unleashing an ancient evil for digging too deep.
Cinerama's precursor and one-of-a-kind movie presentation of Napoleon at 3.99:1 on triptych arrangement for Polyvision would be even more of an oddity to witness.

Better not to talk about this with those hacking their Panasonic DMC-GH1/DMC-GH2 and making for them adapters of Russian OCT18/OCT19 mounts to use LOMO 35mm Anamorphic lenses, or the ISCO Centa Vision 2x... total madness!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Assuming it's not a fake, I'm down. Not ashamed to admit I enjoyed watching the show. This is of course assuming it keeps the production values of the first season.

This is an excellent shop. Well done.

You have my attention. ^_^

ponpo: Cajun-Approved

Oh god I just noticed your new avatar... D: The pony invasion is officially underway.

NewFresh

Cinerama's precursor and one-of-a-kind movie presentation of Napoleon at 3.99:1 on triptych arrangement for Polyvision would be even more of an oddity to witness.

Better not to talk about this with those hacking their Panasonic DMC-GH1/DMC-GH2 and making for them adapters of Russian OCT18/OCT19 mounts to use LOMO 35mm Anamorphic, or using ISCO Centa Vision 2x... total madness!

This sounds like some sort of black magic, wizardry!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Better not to talk about this with those hacking their Panasonic DMC-GH1/DMC-GH2 and making for them adapters of Russian OCT18/OCT19 mounts to use LOMO 35mm Anamorphic lenses, or the ISCO Centa Vision 2x... total madness!
widefacefromtheancientworld_zps798bbf0b.jpg

Jex

In retrospect, making coincide the ACE 2012 with this day and its antics wasn't the most sensible of the ideas...
It's made me doubt everything, that's for sure.
That's a lot of words.

StayDead

I really hope they focus more on his best friends sister again, she was an awesome character. Then again, I never had any problems with Kirino either, I quite liked her.

Maybe we'll see more of Saori's non otaku persona this time too?

Jintor

[Redacted] has been redacted? Censorship of the highest order!

Anyway, Bebop is unlikely to get Blurays anytime soon right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom