• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Much Of A Bitch! Season 2 Episode 1

Man, I had forgotten just how much of a non-entity the guy is in his own house. Everything revolves around the sister and it's like the parents like to pretend he's not even there. Must be rough.

So, yeah, this is very much a new season of Oreimo with all it entails. The only question now is will I be able to escape it's faux-incestuous clutches this time or will the #shamewatch get the better of me again?

Kuroneko > Yaoi fangirl > *

I know right the MC is such a spineless fuck. How pathetic must your existence be when your entire life revolves around your sister. Oh look its my only friend, who happens to be a girl, maybe I could get with her instead of my little sister or her jailbait friends, hahaha lol yeah right. Wonder what I'm going to talk about today with her, oh yeah my little sister.

Also what kind of older brother lets their younger sister walk all over them. Its supposed to be the other way round.

I really hope they stay away from the incest but theres been so much hinting of it and I don't trust the MC at all. He does seem like the spineless douche who would get with his sister (of course by this point we would be revealed that Kirino has been adopted).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I really should dig into LofGH. I have meant to do so billion times but somehow the colossal amount of episodes and oldish art have scared me so far. Hokuto no Ken helped me last year to overcome old art though. Really enjoyed it.
Once you start you'll just want more and more episodes.
Art style fits well with the story. Kind of like watching some old footage on the History Channel or something.

You really should give the first fewp episodes a try as they can stand pretty well on their own (or watch the prequel movie / recap movie).
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 43 - 44

Impressions are very nice, thanks.

Jex

If the credits posted on 2ch are accurate (and the Sakuga Wiki seems to think the ep2 credits are accurate at least, but I haven't seen any scans yet), Yuzuru Tachikawa will be storyboarding and directing episode 5 of Attack on Titan. Yes, that's the director of Death Billiards.

Exciting!

Jex

[Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san S2] - 1

Well, this is back and I enjoyed it. I actually felt the animation and direction was a little lacklustre for the first half of the episode so I hope that it picks up later.

trejo

Muromi-san 1

While the character designs are rather... unfortunate, I still liked it! The show looks vibrant and colorful and the animation feels very dynamic. Not all of the gags worked but I did crack a smile a couple of times and it also helps that its only 12 minutes per episode so it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Will keep watching.

trejo

Yondemasu Yo Azazel-san! Z episode 1

Saku-chan is still moe.

Show is still fucking funny as hell.

If you don't watch this you are part of the problem!

Dresden

I wasn't really digging the new Azazel-san much, until the new Moloch crushed Azazel's skull in. Clear proof that violence is the solution for everything, including humor.

Jex

I wasn't really digging the new Azazel-san much, until the new Moloch crushed Azazel's skull in. Clear proof that violence is the solution for everything, including humor.

As I said, that was about the half-way point! Before then it was just talking and other boring activities.

Dmax3901

Ok so I swear I do this every time and never follow up on the suggestions... but I'm gonna ask again so here goes:

I haven't watched an anime all the way through since Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama, I got decent mileage out of those two shows, they weren't the best thing ever but I enjoyed them to some extent.

I'm aware of From the New World, watched a couple of episodes but haven't really been grabbed yet.

Aside from that, what are the standout shows since whenever Tsuritama/Kids on the Slope came out? Are there any that are 'must-see'?

Moonlight

Banned
Ok so I swear I do this every time and never follow up on the suggestions... but I'm gonna ask again so here goes:

I haven't watched an anime all the way through since Kids on the Slope and Tsuritama, I got decent mileage out of those two shows, they weren't the best thing ever but I enjoyed them to some extent.

I'm aware of From the New World, watched a couple of episodes but haven't really been grabbed yet.

Aside from that, what are the standout shows since whenever Tsuritama/Kids on the Slope came out? Are there any that are 'must-see'?
I highly, highly recommend Hyouka and Fate/Zero.

If you like badassery and over the top stuff, watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Do it right now.

Kurita

Attack On Titan 1

Delivered.
Fitting soundtrack, good animation and design, it's great.
It seems less depressing than the manga though.

Hopefully the whole show will be as good as the first episode. I want to believe! Please be a good adaptation!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SNAFU 1

That was pretty enjoyable. I think it's trying too hard but I can see the sincerity behind it.

Narag

Bleach 65

Always liked how one of the Captains was a furry. Progressive stuff. Ep was pretty weak what with so little Orihime and no Rukia. Kinda frustrating when the best characters aren't present and the support cast isn't up to the task.

Bleach 66

Bad art and worse than normal TV animation had me wondering if the Bount was handled better in the manga as it seems like a pretty good concept being mishandled here.

---

Which ep does Ichigo get offed and replaced as the MC anyhow? Thought I heard this happened and I wouldn't mind it since he's a pretty terrible lead after his character regression post-Soul Society. In part, this is because I can't even remember his character motivations (mostly due to not watching this in a while but I digress) but he really comes across as more avatar than character n the past couple eps. It's like Bella in Twilight but a self-insert vehicle for supernatural male power fantasy rather than romance & vampire lust.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Which ep does Ichigo get offed and replaced as the MC anyhow? Thought I heard this happened and I wouldn't mind it since he's a pretty terrible lead after his character regression post-Soul Society. In part, this is because I can't even remember his character motivations (mostly due to not watching this in a while but I digress) but he really comes across as more avatar than character n the past couple eps. It's like Bella in Twilight but a self-insert vehicle for supernatural male power fantasy rather than romance & vampire lust.

Er...I hope you're being serious here, or else I just got (unintentionally?) trolled, but yeah, uh...this doesn't happen.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh i don't know. There are a few arcs where you can tens of chapters without seeing a fucking hint of strawberry

Oh, I totally remember. It was like six months or so worth of manga where the main character didn't show up at all. If something like that had happened in Naruto people would have been livid. :lol

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team 09
i3ozlLvtOD3pC.png

Like their fighters Zion's tanks seem awfully impractical. Massively tall turrets must make them very easy targets
Ginias is cray cray. MC also seems to have lost it somewhat.
I can sense this not ending well. I didn't like it as much as last episode, but the
airdrop
was cool as fuck and the fight had some really good tension. This show is pretty great in that regard.

Bad art and worse than normal TV animation had me wondering if the Bount was handled better in the manga as it seems like a pretty good concept being mishandled here.
60 episode Filler arc dude. Enjoy!
I assume this is a troll post.

ISOM

Shingeki no Kyojin 1-

Yea I'm not wild about this. There were a lot of quick cuts in the intro that are not really handled that well, a ton of still shots with just wind being animated, the composition is kinda funky at times, the voice acting is just overblown at moments such as the kitchen scene(Eren is annoying as shit although he's annoying in the manga, it's worse when he's voiced by a guy yelling half the time), and they somewhat skipped out on the more gruesome scenes.

That said, there are definitely some beautiful shots in the show especially when it comes to the Move Gear. The black outlines for the characters really make them pop out and the characters in general have some really great facial reactions. The background art for the most part is handled really well except for some obvious bad use of CGI.

The soundtrack seemingly is going to put a big emphasis on vocals which does work to escalate certain scenes. I thought Sawano actually did a decent job.

It's not the second coming of Christ but it's not bad either.

Yeah, the voice actor was annoying as shit with the yelling and his screechy voice.

jgminto

So I decided I'd watch the first episode of Oreimo 2. I dropped the first season after 2 episodes because I'm not interested in Otaku culture or incestual undetones alongside the show being boring. So I thought maybe it's actually gotten really good, I'll give this a watch.
0:30 - Incestual undertones
Oh.

i don't care that much about that though. It was just boring. Blah blah blah talking about stuff I don't care about. Dragging on and on and on. This is partly my fault of course. I'm not going to care that much about the going ons of a show I dropped so early on but even so a dual plot of a character returning and a possible relationship should be more interesting than that. Then it ran a whole gag through the rest of the episode.

One day I may just get some alcohol in me and marathon the damn thing just to say I did but until then I'll continue to avoid Oreimo.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
SNAFU 1

That was pretty enjoyable. I think it's trying too hard but I can see the sincerity behind it.

Just curious, is there anything in particular that gave you the impression that it was trying too hard? I didn't get that feeling from the show.

Jintor

So I decided I'd watch the first episode of Oreimo 2. I dropped the first season after 2 episodes because I'm not interested in Otaku culture or incestual undetones alongside the show being boring. So I thought maybe it's actually gotten really good, I'll give this a watch.
0:30 - Incestual undertones
Oh.

i don't care that much about that though. It was just boring. Blah blah blah talking about stuff I don't care about. Dragging on and on and on. This is partly my fault of course. I'm not going to care that much about the going ons of a show I dropped so early on but even so a dual plot of a character returning and a possible relationship should be more interesting than that. Then it ran a whole gag through the rest of the episode.

One day I may just get some alcohol in me and marathon the damn thing just to say I did but until then I'll continue to avoid Oreimo.

This is pretty much my reaction.

I'm still regretfully in the process of learning that I don't need to watch things in their entirety just to determine whether or not I'm prepared to watch a thing in its entirety. I might be okay just saying "Oreimo isn't for me" and wandering off somewhere.

Still half-tempted to finish the rest of the first season though. It's at the very least easy on the eyes. And I didn't even get to Kuroneko's introduction, I think. I honestly can't remember if I did or not.

Instro

Hyouka, Fate/Zero, Wolf Children(movie), Space Bros, JoJo, Code Breaker, Little Witch Academia(One shot), Death Billiards(One Shot). I saw you post in the Shingeki thread so I guess you are good in that regard. Girls Und Panzer and Tamako Market are also worth checking out.

The 2012 AOTY thread might help as well, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510801

trejo

Oh, I totally remember. It was like six months or so worth of manga where the main character didn't show up at all. If something like that had happened in Naruto people would have been livid. :lol

Yeah, I imagine going without Sasuke for six months would be pretty rough.

Yeah, the voice actor was annoying as shit with the yelling and his screechy voice.

That's Yuuki Kaji for ya.

Quasar

Watched the end of Little Busters. Such a pleasant end I might just pretend S2 isnt happening.

Seeing Kengo like that was weird, but fun.

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team 10
iJdFYssCLg5px.png

No wonder Zion is having problems.
After this I think Ginias was right to murder all his scientists.
That
Gouf fight.
hnnnnnngh. THIS.WAS.AWESOME. aaaaaaaaaaaa

fertygo

Attack on Titans

That was pretty good, my only complaint are CGI blood at the end, Zeus.. so ugly and what a hyperbole.

Steroyd

Attack on Titans - 01

Really good, sets the tone really well and the ending segment was masterfully done, my only concern is that the quality bar has been set rather high and this ain't Kyoani.

Azazel-san Z - 01

The real shit eater has returned.

Hunter x Hunter - 74

Visually looked like a blander step down from the volleyball, but the animation for the volleyball was that damn good, regardless it was a good episode and the conclusion to this arc is the next episode... now I'm bracing myself on backstory that should have happened in episode 1 and a recap episode somewhere... I feel it in my bones.

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team 11
Fuck you Gineas. Fuck you captain what's your face.
Good thing they both died. Well seems like Shiro lost a leg but seems to be alive. In light of things his and Aina's endurance kinda border on the absurd as well as watches blocking bullets and such.
Oh well I liked that ending. This episode didn't have as much zomg awesome as the previous one but it was OK.

OceanBlue

Attack on Titans

That was pretty good, my only complaint are CGI blood at the end, Zeus.. so ugly and what a hyperbole.

Lol, the blood is definitely one of the things that made me think of the comments on Araki in this thread. Everything was almost distractingly dramatic and exaggerated, but honestly it worked in getting me excited for the show. I'm not sure if the right mood was conveyed though, lol. I didn't feel the sense of despair or helplessness that I expected from people's comments on the source material.
Edit: I guess it'd be more accurate to say that I expected a more sombre, overwhelming feeling. Instead I feel super hyped for fighting and ziplining and stuff.

The horns in the OP are so cool.

Wiktor

God, I forgot how much I hate Kirino. Duch a deplorable character. I hope she gets hit my a train at the end of the story

BluWacky

Dibetagurashi - A Duck's Daily Life

7078d2491ea5aa737f82a7217b193227_0.jpg

It's days like this that I miss being a student and "ironically" enjoying Dogtato-kun, homophobia and all.

So in the UK, for many years in the 50s-70s there was a famous programming strand called "Watch With Mother", designed for mums to watch TV with their small children for quality time together. This show airs in a similar slot on NHK in Japan called "Watch With Father", so it's basically targeted at tiny children.

It's a very basic show about a stupid flightless duck who creeps out some other, visiting ducks, tells them about all the predators on the island he lives on, and then proceeds to get attacked by most of them. It's harmless, mildly amusing, and for 3 minutes of your life there are worse ways to kill braincells, but Polar Bear Cafe it is most assuredly not.

Theonik

Loli Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team 12
Kinda meh. I guess it's meant to give some closure and it does that certainly but they could have done this just as well by extending the ending of the previous episode. Not completely bad though.
Regardless, this doesn't hurt its status as one of the best Gundam I've seen so far.

https://twitter.com/nueteki_0706/status/320466263627399168

Attack on Titan is definitely 2-cour. Noboru Takagi announced on his Twitter account that he's working on the show, and he's writing 6 episodes on the show - ep 8, 12-13, 19, and 21-22.

Oh good, glad it will be with us in the summer, hopefully more than 22...though I cant imagine what type of ending the franchise can even have, no way they can actually destroy all titans, unless the manga addressed that?

Jintor

I can't remember if I read this phrase in this thread or not, but Kiki's Delivery Service resonates incredibly strongly as a person in my twenties moreso than it did than when I watched it when I actually was 13.

Theonik

I can't remember if I read this phrase in this thread or not, but Kiki's Delivery Service resonates incredibly strongly as a person in my twenties moreso than it did than when I watched it when I actually was 13.
I suppose it's because having to move to live alone isn't terribly common at 13!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom