• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just hope every Titans-Anime watcher starts to read the manga before he gets spoilered by Internet.
Or I could just avoid 4chan like I've been doing for sometime now. I'm assuming you lot are not going to be arseholes and spoil it.

So yeah, Attack on (a) Titan 1

Well I haven't watched a fantasy anime in a while so maybe I'll keep up with it for a change, but it's pretty much by the numbers for now. Like Firehawk said, a typical coming of age disaster that befalls the hero's hometown so he has motivation to set out on a quest.
Even the mum died.

Here's my prediction for the ending. The titans end up killing themselves due to eating raw meat and dye.

And my prediction about the incisors was also proven correct. Without any other teeth the titans seem to be pretty messy eaters.
First the arm and then all that blood.
I know when I eat something half of it doesn't fly out across the table.

Reknoc

Or I could just avoid 4chan like I've been doing for sometime now. I'm assuming you lot are not going to be arseholes and spoil it.

So yeah, Attack on (a) Titan 1

Well I haven't watched a fantasy anime in a while so maybe I'll keep up with it for a change, but it's pretty much by the numbers for now. Like Firehawk said, a typical coming of age disaster that befalls the hero's hometown so he has motivation to set out on a quest.
Even the mum died.

Here's my prediction for the ending. The titans end up killing themselves due to eating raw meat and dye.

And my prediction about the incisors was also proven correct. Without any other teeth the titans seem to be pretty messy eaters.
First the arm and then all that blood.
I know when I eat something half of it doesn't fly out across the table.

I imagine not having lips makes it hard to keep stuff from squirting everywhere.

Dennis

Banned
Not watching that many animes - compared to most here - I am still at the stage of not fully having adjusted to the use of CGI. I was quite conscious of that watching Attack on Titan.

Jex

YES! GATCHAMAN WAS REIMAGINED AS A MAHOU SHOUJO WITH A FEMALE PROTAGONIST!

IWSbtGN.jpg

Dude, read the rest of the article.

This is Kenji Nakamura's next project.

What world am I living in?

Seems that Kuroko's Basketball S2 may be coming in the Fall.

With that my Fall will be good with Magi 2, Little Busters! Refrain, and hopefully Phi Brain 3 (will the reairing be done?), Accel World 2, SAO2, Horizon III, new Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, JJBA 2

Kagami

The meta isn't really funny anymore though. Oh look, the characters like an anime that's a bit like this real world anime? So it's basically an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

Sheldon: "Star Trek reference."
*audience laughs*
Guy from Roseanne: "No, Star Wars reference."
*audience laughs*
Jewish guy: "LOTR reference"
*audience laughs*
Indian guy: can't speak because he is afraid of women
*audience laughs*
That sounds more like Nyaruko than OreImo.

Jex

Why, out of curiosity, does it need one? If it's only being posted for shits and giggles to watch people go OMG INCEST and mock anime fans, as with any thread to do with the franchise, that seems pretty counterproductive :(

Regardless of the reasons behind creating such a thread the result will inevitably be the same.

Jex

[Attack on Titan] - 1

This was a pretty good, if somewhat safe, first episode. Considering how often I hear about people rushing adaptations and/or changing stuff it's interesting to see a work where the director is choosing to work at a relatively slow pace. At least, I assume this is fairly faithful to the original text as I've never read it. Either way, this kind of introduction is far better than the kind where they just skip all the character stuff and cut straight to the action based on the assumption that the viewers already know the material.

I knew going in, and based off the trailers, that this is a story that would require the use of CG animation. I am totally onboard with CG being used for all the Spiderman-stuff but at other times it sticks out inappropriately. The bell isn't too offensive because it's only on-screen for a second but the blood is actually problematic. It really looks awful, as is often the case with CG blood. If you're going to have a show with high volumes of blood in it at least invest a little time into making it look good.

Kurita

[Attack on Titan] - 1

This was a pretty good, if somewhat safe, first episode. Considering how often I hear about people rushing adaptations and/or changing stuff it's interesting to see a work where the director is choosing to work at a relatively slow pace. At least, I assume this is fairly faithful to the original text as I've never read it.

It was quite faithful yes, the manga has a relatively slow pace.

Kagami

What I like about OreImo is how well the VA and director capture the feeling of geeking out over pop culture stuff. Kirino is a fun character, screw the haters. I'm glad to have it back.

Yeah she's funny to watch.
People who don't like her seem to be thinking about what it would be like to be around her, but fortunately we get to watch her from a safe distance.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shingeki no Kyojin 1

Basically the perfect adaptation. They did everything right, and the OP tells me they know exactly where they're going with this.

Can't wait until shit starts getting real.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow... the scenes managed to look even worse. Amazing how much the character of Mr.Beams added to the scenes.

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san 06
Idols have nothing on you.
Loved this little song so much my old Steam name was Marshmallow DJ.

Full version courtesy of some niconico singers.

Sooo anime is saved once again?
You already forgot about Inferno Cop?

Nafe

I'm still catching up with the thread but the talk about easily going back to posts commenting on shows reminded me about the post I made which had the list of all the old Anime OT's.

I've updated it and thought I'd post it again for anyone who's newer to the thread and didn't see it or just if anyone wants to go back and see what aired in what season or year or whatever.

Here you go then. :)
----

Note 1: There is no Winter 2005 listed because Fall 2004 goes into March of 2005, covering both Fall of 2004 and Winter of 2005.

Note 2: There is no Winter 2006 listed because the Spring 2006 thread actually starts in January and goes until June thus covering both Winter and Spring seasons.

Note 3: Winter 2011 seems to be mislabeled as 2010 as it covers the winter 2011 season. There is no Winter 2010 thread then as Fall of 2009 goes into January of 2010 and the Spring 2010 thread starts in February leaving only a month gap.

Note 4: Fall of 2012 may or may not have had an OT4...

Fall 2004--(FnordChan) 295 posts/Up to 6 pages!

Spring 2005--(bloke) 774 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Summer 2005--(duckroll) 268 posts/Up to 6 pages.
Fall 2005--(bloke) 679 posts/Up to 14 pages.

Spring 2006--(FnordChan) 614 posts/Up to 13 pages.
Summer 2006--(FnordChan) 813 posts/Up to 17 pages.
Fall 2006--(FnordChan) 720 posts/Up to 15 pages.

Winter 2007--(7Th) 755 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Spring 2007--(7Th) 2432posts/Up to 49 pages!
Summer 2007--(7Th) 700 posts/Up to 14 pages.
Fall 2007--(FnordChan) 1264 posts/Up to 26 pages.

Winter 2008--(7Th) 740 posts/Up to 15 pages.
Spring 2008--(FnordChan) 3079 posts/Up to 62 pages!
Summer 2008--(mephesta) 1099 posts/Up to 22 pages.
Fall 2008--(FnordChan) 1107 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Winter 2009--(rykomatsu) 594 posts/Up to 12 pages.
Spring 2009--(FnordChan) 1153 posts/Up to 24 pages.
Summer 2009--(FnordChan) 1206 posts/Up to 25 pages.
Fall 2009--(7Th) 1150 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Spring 2010--(anotheriori) 3953 posts/Up to 80 pages!
Summer 2010--(Mandoric) 13469 posts/Up to 270 pages!!
Fall 2010--(7Th) 20024 posts/Up to 401 pages!!

Winter 2011(Labeled as 2010)--(Dresden) 15097 posts/Up to 302 pages.

Spring 2011--(InfiniteNine) 20005 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2011(2)--(InfiniteNine) 3001 posts/Up to 61 pages.

Summer 2011--(Lafiel) 20010 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Summer 2011(2)--(Hitokage) 11573 posts/Up to 232 pages.

Fall 2011--(Dresden) 19977 posts/Up to 400 pages.
Fall 2011(2)--(Dresden) 5390 posts/Up to 108 pages.

Winter 2012--(Mandoric) 20003 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Winter 2012(2)--(Haly) 19949 posts/Up to 399 pages.

Spring 2012--(Miizy F Baby) 20002 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(2)--(duckroll) 20010 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(3)--(hosannainexcelsis) 17092 posts/Up to 342 pages.

Summer 2012--(cosmicblizzard) 20056 posts/Up to 402 pages.
Summer 2012(2)--(dakkumauji) 20047 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Summer 2012(3)--(Branduil) 17017 posts/Up to 341 pages.

Fall 2012--(Dresden) 20098 posts/Up to 402 pages.
Fall 2012(2)--(Kayos90) 20148 posts/Up to 403 pages.
Fall 2012(3)--(Dresden) 20000 posts/Up to 400 pages.

Fall of 2012(4)/Winter 2013--(Dresden) 19901 posts/ Up to 399 pages
Winter 2013(2)--(Kayos90) 20001 posts/ Up to 401 pages
Winter 2013(3)--(duckroll) 19707 posts/ Up to 395 pages

Spring 2013--(Brazil) -- posts/ Up to -- pages

Grzi

JoJo END

Since every episode's impressions by me have basically been the same, I really don't feel the need to change anything when discussing the series as a whole - it was magnificent despite its ugliness and I want more. Hopefully we get the sequel this year.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This optimism makes me excited...but I simultaneously am unsure I can handle it!

I get where you're coming from. It's just that, if they keep the art direction and animation quality while following the source material as closely as they did in this episode... There's no way this could go wrong.

Too bad about the original content thing.

Branduil

It's funny how many more posts Spring 2007 got compared to the threads around it but it makes perfect sense when you look at the shows that were airing.

Westlo

Fall 2004--(FnordChan) 295 posts/Up to 6 pages!

Spring 2005--(bloke) 774 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Summer 2005--(duckroll) 268 posts/Up to 6 pages.
Fall 2005--(bloke) 679 posts/Up to 14 pages.

Spring 2006--(FnordChan) 614 posts/Up to 13 pages.
Summer 2006--(FnordChan) 813 posts/Up to 17 pages.
Fall 2006--(FnordChan) 720 posts/Up to 15 pages.

Winter 2007--(7Th) 755 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Spring 2007--(7Th) 2432posts/Up to 49 pages!
Summer 2007--(7Th) 700 posts/Up to 14 pages.
Fall 2007--(FnordChan) 1264 posts/Up to 26 pages.

Winter 2008--(7Th) 740 posts/Up to 15 pages.
Spring 2008--(FnordChan) 3079 posts/Up to 62 pages!
Summer 2008--(mephesta) 1099 posts/Up to 22 pages.
Fall 2008--(FnordChan) 1107 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Winter 2009--(rykomatsu) 594 posts/Up to 12 pages.
Spring 2009--(FnordChan) 1153 posts/Up to 24 pages.
Summer 2009--(FnordChan) 1206 posts/Up to 25 pages.
Fall 2009--(7Th) 1150 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Spring 2007 is still the best season of anime we've had since we've had this focus on seasons as a whole. And I was like wtf @ Spring 08 until I saw Geass R2 (lol) and Macross Frontier (though I doubt this had shipping wars or did it?)

edit - was beat!

It's funny how many more posts Spring 2007 got compared to the threads around it but it makes perfect sense when you look at the shows that were airing.

Yeah Spring 07 was amazing and the post count reflects that but Geass R2 making Spring 08 > 07 shows that fuckery > quality.

mAcOdIn

Macross Frontier (though I doubt this had shipping wars or did it?)
Of course it had shipping wars! Just, it turned out about as one sided as the original Macross's shipping must have looked like back when it first aired. I'm amazed Minmei or Ranka ever had shippers frankly.

I was just mainly pissed they had a Zentradi loli.

Westlo

Of course it had shipping wars! Just, it turned out about as one sided as the original Macross's shipping must have looked like back when it first aired. I'm amazed Minmei or Ranka ever had shippers frankly.

I was just mainly pissed they had a Zentradi loli.

Minmay is still fondly remembered in Japan though.. at least she has that, Ranka has nothing except for "that green haired loli who did that kira thing"

L O L.

Branduil

[Attack on Titan] - 1

This was a pretty good, if somewhat safe, first episode. Considering how often I hear about people rushing adaptations and/or changing stuff it's interesting to see a work where the director is choosing to work at a relatively slow pace. At least, I assume this is fairly faithful to the original text as I've never read it. Either way, this kind of introduction is far better than the kind where they just skip all the character stuff and cut straight to the action based on the assumption that the viewers already know the material.

I knew going in, and based off the trailers, that this is a story that would require the use of CG animation. I am totally onboard with CG being used for all the Spiderman-stuff but at other times it sticks out inappropriately. The bell isn't too offensive because it's only on-screen for a second but the blood is actually problematic. It really looks awful, as is often the case with CG blood. If you're going to have a show with high volumes of blood in it at least invest a little time into making it look good.

It's pretty much a straight retelling of the first one-and-a-half chapters, the only changes were a few additions. Actually, one of the changes is really interesting in that they showed us parts of Eren's dream; that didn't happen in the manga. I wonder if that's some of the "original content" the author is helping with.

A few other additions I noticed:

-The Priest of the Wall Cult preaching on the street.
-Various world-building shots depicting the city.
-Eren's mom commenting on the firewood.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Why, out of curiosity, does it need one? If it's only being posted for shits and giggles to watch people go OMG INCEST and mock anime fans, as with any thread to do with the franchise, that seems pretty counterproductive :(

Oreimo doesn't deserve anything better, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel so out of touch cos I don't get any of these Araki comments. :S

Azazel-san Z

Do I need to say anything? Best show.

7Th

Wow... the scenes managed to look even worse. Amazing how much the character of Mr.Beams added to the scenes.

The main problem is that the blood and gore is too cartoony; the tone of red they use is impossible to take seriously so it just becomes one big joke. Still really funny, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom