• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The concept of a member of Bell's huge harem potentially being disguised as a different member of Bell's huge harem is pretty lol-worthy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I would recommend everyone interested in SNAFU pick up the novels once this season is done. The anime constantly skips all the Saki interactions with Hachiman which are all pretty good. Other than that, it's a good adaption.

The anime will probably end at volume 9 and either end with anime only content or animate some side stories.

I would still consider this a romantic comedy though. It's just that the comedy is now only in the side stories and interactions with the side characters, which are mostly cut in the anime for pacing reasons. The main trio have humorous banter as well, but due to plot reasons, it's been absent this season. Should be back by the end of the season.
People on suki seem to think they'll do volume 10 as well. I guess we'll see.

As for being a romcom, the problem is that there's really no "rom" to root for. Forgetting my personal feelings about sensei (especially since he killed that ending dead lol), the only person he seems to be genuinely attracted to in any way is Saika.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

As for being a romcom, the problem is that there's really no "rom" to root for. Forgetting my personal feelings about sensei (especially since he killed that ending dead lol), the only person he seems to be genuinely attracted to in any way is Saika.

There is no way they don't do V10 unless the last few episodes are just random side quests.

He is physically attracted to all three of them, he's just the kind of person who couldn't conceive of them liking him back so he doesn't try.

cajunator

Banned
That's why i told you that you should continue. As good or bad as the second half was ( it was full of up and downs ) , the ride was intense.
I hope you understand why people talked during the final parts. that show didn't left many speechless when it was airing...Everyone had an opinion.
Now the show itself is what it is, not "that" great trully , BUT still watchable and enjoyable if you enjoy the genre.
About ,
Ghost Banri
, he can just die ( wait that's impossible ). as effective as that ending was , this character was the most b*llsh*t deus-ex-machina device i've ever seen in drama. NEVER AGAIN.

Btw, Koko is the BEST

2D-kun is the best bro in this franchise, trully the supporting character this show needed.. not too deeply involved, but still involved enough to shake things when necessary.

thanks for the tip about evergreen , i shall skip it

Koko is the only reason I even aknowledge this show.
A lot of shows are saved at least somewhat by some standout character. Golden Time was occasionally enjoyable but it just has so much baggage it is exhausting not to mention frustrating.

DanMachi 8

So Syr
is really Freya
? Also great to see Bell conquer his fear and move up. Still can't believe he is still level 1.

I am ok with this. Plus if her character goes south theres still Lili.

Nisekoi: 7 Faces were great

Shaft is the greatest studio. It just is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is no way they don't do V10 unless the last few episodes are just random side quests.

He is physically attracted to all three of them, he's just the kind of person who couldn't conceive of them liking him back so he doesn't try.
Yeah, but for a show that privileges his internal monologue, the only time he shows actual attraction is when he has to constantly remind himself that Saika is male.

Well, that and what happened in this episode where he lamented the fact that he is 10 years too young for sensei.

jgminto

Ninja Slayer 6

This episode seemed to go on and on and on. I never felt any length problems previously but it was extremely apparent here.

Jarmel

Banned
If anyone here likes Gundam Reconguista and lives near Animazement, I would highly recommend going. Mainly for the Animator Support Group autograph seasion.

Angry Grimace

You see I actually don't know about that.
I am still thinking they are related somehow, but they aren't the same person.
I think lol.

Inthe mythos of that particular Goddess, they are the same person (source: me doin a sixth grade report). Someone who read the LN confirmed it hasn't been said one way or another (so it's just speculation) but notice that a lot the shit Bell has gotten into has been instigated by her.

Yeah, but for a show that privileges his internal monologue, the only time he shows actual attraction is when he has to constantly remind himself that Saika is male.

Well, that and what happened in this episode where he lamented the fact that he is 10 years too young for sensei.

He has a normal level of of attraction to good looking girls though. It's just not stated all that much since he's a huge downer. But he was into Orimoto, so there's no way he's not into the other three.

Consecutively watching Yahari, Danmachi, and Soma, the past weeks have been an absolute pleasure.

But today in particular, all 3 made this day one of the most enjoyable times I've ever had of watching anime.

The List isn't there to be enjoyed.

The List can be something that can be enjoyed provided you look at it in the right way. A truly bad show to me is one that bores me and can't keep me entertained, it fails in its basic duty as entertainment.

I've had fun with many of the series I watched on The List. Super Yo-Yo and Silver Fang are legitimately good shows in fact.

kewlmyc

If they end Volume 9 at episode 10, then I don't see them doing Volume 10 in 2 episodes.

Unless this is 13 episodes, then yeah I can see it.

DanMachi 08

Okay, I'm back on track with this show now. It was losing me during the Lili arc, but that fight was too much fun for me to drop it now.

Inthe mythos of that particular Goddess, they are the same person (source: me doin a sixth grade report). Someone who read the LN confirmed it hasn't been said one way or another (so it's just speculation) but notice that a lot the shit Bell has gotten into has been instigated by her.
Uh interesting. Yeah I could totally see it and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, but put side by side they both have some small differences physically, which is why I can't help but think that they might not be the same person also. I like that the answer seems so easy, yet no one can say for sure if it's way or the other lol.

Consecutively watching Yahari, Danmachi, and Soma, the past weeks have been an absolute pleasure.

But today in particular, all 3 made this day one of the most enjoyable times I've ever had of watching anime.
Only 3 I watch on Fridays and I always finish them satisfied, but this week all 3 were amazing. Wonder if next season will also have a day of the week with just a bunch of awesome shows to watch all at once.

Yeah, that third
Firebooolllt blew him the fuck up from the inside out and sent poor Bell to mind zero
in the process. It was great..
The guy
passed out on his feet lmao!
At least they didn't go the good old cheesy route with him walking away as it happened. Made it more believable.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover ep.6-8
This show is a slow burner for sure. It does have some comedy built into it, like the Twister game and some small drama thing like
Ayumi confession he love to someone that only thinks of her slightly above a friend because he loves the much older woman
and poor Yuuta really likes
Hagu and wants to be with her but won't admit it
Poor sensei
left on his work trip
and Shinobu is, umm, well, not sure what he's thinking most if the tine older than it appears he likes the little doll girl too. When does this one heat up?

Jarmel

Banned
Black Rock Shooter-3
eb3ZjYs.jpg

Oh wow that smile is totally not predatory at all. I'm sure the counselor is good people.
Really slow episode that reinforced how shitty the portrayal of the relationship between Mato and Yomi is, compared to the OVA. In the OVA, Yomi's jealousy of Yui felt much more organic due to the slower nature of the work. Here, Yomi looks like a possessive stalker as she is unsatisfied with being only friends with Mato after just like a damn week. It's way too soon in the narrative for something like that to pop up and the way the TV series handles it, it does so in the most clumsy manner possible. For example this sequence:
What the fuck? Who cries in sync like that? This is not only so cheesy that it harms the believability of Yomi's jealousy but it also hurts the emotion in the previous scene. Not to mention the show seemingly amplified the relationship between Yuu and Mato this episode compared to others, giving the impression of Okada making it up as she goes. There's also some really stupid shit besides the Kohata drama such as that little bird book randomly falling off a shelf. o rly? In addition I have no clue how these 'other-world' sequences make a lick of sense. There seems to be real life consequences in real-time but Mato is awake at the same time BRS is doing whatever. I should mention that Kagari's shit being wrapped up so neatly, didn't leave me with a good impression. Anyway the crux of this episode is Kohata and her feelings.
Jesus, Okada. You really can't reign this shit in can you? This was like the most bullshit forced drama sequence ever. It's as if Okada has a suffering quota and doesn't give a shit when she meets that quota. Oh well, at least Kohata isn't hung up on it despite her male classmastes being the world's biggest cunts. Right?
god damnit

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
DanMachi 08

I can't really see any reason to call Bell "overpowered", nor do I want to, as that takes on a whole host of connotations, some of which I'm not fond of. He did slay the Minotaur, bringing things full circle, but that doesn't make him better than Aiz. It means they're equals, and it was a protracted battle where he very nearly died. Thrilling and risky, but I want to look at it in more of a character growth moment. Without downplaying or insulting weakness, and basically, it's a pivotal moment, but I have a tough time finding the right angle to go at it from.

They are in no way equals. Bell is OP for a LvL 1 Adventurer when you reach LvL 2 your stats reset but you become 2-3 x stronger.

Aiz is a LvL 6 Adventurer she is probably around 20-30x stronger than Bell as he is now.

Midonin

They are in no way equals. Bell is OP for a LvL 1 Adventurer when you reach LvL 2 your stats reset but you become 2-3 x stronger.

Aiz is a LvL 6 Adventurer she is probably around 20-30x stronger than Bell as he is now.
I didn't mean statistically.

I meant that Aiz probably respects him and sees him as an equal now.

Mature

Patlabor: The Next Generation - 1
It waaaaas.... okay. This first episode felt like a re-establishing of what Patlabor really is, and I think it did so effectively, but that didn't necessarily make it good. I think my problem was with a lot of the humor. There was a good amount of it (in true Patlabor fashion), but it felt sort of unadapted for this. Bits that might have been great in the animated series felt really cartoony and kinda lame here. It's honestly the feeling I get with certain Japanese live-action in general. It sort of leaves you with a feeling of "What's the joke..?". The characters (who are not the same cast as the series, but essentially carbon copies anyway) are decently adapted into this. But again, Ota's raving mania is a lot less endearing in this live-action setting. There's a strange disconnect in the tone that might be more effectively achieved in the animated medium.

This episode concludes with a pretty classic scenario of a disgruntled Labor driver getting drunk and taking a hostage. Not-Goto was pretty alright, but the whole sequence ends with SV2's Labor shooting the place where a giant comical explosion happens. It doesn't make any sense and just transitions into an unrelated scene. These sorts of script/tonal issues aside, I think the bedrock is good enough that this series could turn into something better. Here's hoping.

My Dungeon Harem Cant Be This Gory 8

MA7Vtrz.gif

Well, that was fucking awesome.

I feel bad for Lili, she's always getting bodied and hurt. I had to laugh when Bell threw her aside though lol. But damn. I didnt expect that fight to be so violent. I kinda winced when Bell got his forearm gored by the Minotaur but I couldnt help clapping like a dirty American when he fucking blew up the top half of its body from the inside. Syr is a double agent for that orgasming goddess too I bet.

Today was a great day for anime.

Crocodile

This stream is about previewing a mobile game called Til' Morning's Light but on right now is Stephanie Sheh talking about her anime work, specifically FLCL right now, so tune in if you're interested.

Himemiya

I haven't enjoyed anything on The List. They're on there for a reason and you'll need more than a director of subpar shows to entice me!
Know when to stop.
The List can be something that can be enjoyed provided you look at it in the right way. A truly bad show to me is one that bores me and can't keep me entertained, it fails in its basic duty as entertainment.

I've had fun with many of the series I watched on The List. Super Yo-Yo and Silver Fang are legitimately good shows in fact.
Sukeban Deka is legit great as well.

Cornbread78

My Dungeon Harem Cant Be This Gory 8

MA7Vtrz.gif

Well, that was fucking awesome.

I feel bad for Lili, she's always getting bodied and hurt. I had to laugh when Bell threw her aside though lol. But damn. I didnt expect that fight to be so violent. I kinda winced when Bell got his forearm gored by the Minotaur but I couldnt help clapping like a dirty American when he fucking blew up the top half of its body from the inside. Syr is a double agent for that orgasming goddess too I bet.

Today was a great day for anime.

All the above points are very valid! No more liking that chick, all eyes on Hestia. I just finished watching that whole fight sequence again on my PS4 and damn, it's Soo good!

Now we just need a Log Horizon MMO and a Zelda esque Danmachi game on PS4 or Vita, lol.

DanMachi 7-8

Pretty good episodes, nice seeing Bell's progression. The Minotaur fight was good and it was nice seeing Bell use his skills to defeat the boss.

Freya got completely turned on, that face screams complete lust. Now just thinking about it, if Ainz stole Bell's fight Freya would of been completely salty. That would of been hilarious.

All the above points are very valid! No more liking that chick, all eyes on Hestia. I just finished watching that whole fight sequence again on my PS4 and damn, it's Soo good!

Now we just need a Log Horizon MMO and a Zelda esque Danmachi game on PS4 or Vita, lol.

It was really well done. I was surprised.

Man this series gives me a craving for some kind of action RPG. Like Kingdom Hearts minus the mindfuckery.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yo DanMachi delivered so effen hard. That episode just oozed of bildungsroman. Let's go man!
RANK S ON ALL OF THAT!!!

DanMachi 7-8

Freya got completely turned on, that face screams complete lust. Now just thinking about it, if Ainz stole Bell's fight Freya would of been completely salty. That would of been hilarious.

I know for a fact that I'm gonna end up hating Freya with a passion cause she'll ruin the whole damn plot. I hate characters like her, wish someone would... Let me stop there.

Allaur

Honey and Clover ep.6-8
When does this one heat up?
Let's say that in 4 next chapters you'll see who will make first move on Hagu. Then there'll be development for Mayama's side of story.I don't know about heat, but Rika's and sensei story should've been great in sense of feelings.

Yo DanMachi delivered so effen hard. That episode just oozed of bildungsroman. Let's go man!
RANK S ON ALL OF THAT!!!

I know for a fact that I'm gonna end up hating Freya with a passion cause she'll ruin the whole damn plot. I hate characters like her, wish someone would... Let me stop there.

Actually she's one of the reason the series is enjoyable for what it offers.

I almost feel like I should pick back up Danmachi, but is it actually worth watching if I disliked both Bell and Hestia based off the first 3 episodes?

Cornbread78

I almost feel like I should pick back up Danmachi, but is it actually worth watching if I disliked both Bell and Hestia based off the first 3 episodes?

Umm, yeah. Let's just say this isn't the same Bell anymore.

Let's say that in 4 next chapters you'll see who will make first move on Hagu. Then there'll be development for Mayama's side of story.I don't know about heat, but Rika's and sensei story should've been great in sense of feelings.

Yeah, that was, I'm just not sure why he couldn't get over it and be by her side. I understand what he said, but surely he'll fix that after being gone for the year.

Well there was a kid that just slept over and really cares for Hagu, but I have a feeling she is going to go for eccentric one, because that is just the way it is with the arrs, lol. Besides, he makes great soy sauce art.

Personally if you don't like the MC and Hestia from the first 3 episodes then your better off not watching more. I mean they are the same and haven't changed that much especially Hestia, plus I doubt a decent fight scene will change your mind.

Though you can try it if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom