• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Personally if you don't like the MC and Hestia from the first 3 episodes then your better off not watching more. I mean they are the same and haven't changed that much especially Hestia, plus I doubt a decent fight scene will change your mind.

Though you can try it if you want.

Well, Bell has changed in his focus and attitude. That whole fight scene was proof of his change.

Hestia, well, no change is needed there..

Actually she's one of the reason the series is enjoyable for what it offers.

By the way, if you havn't read the source material, do not visit her Wiki page, the volume #'s do not match up with the episode #'s from the anime. She is a disgusting goddess.

Well, Bell has changed in his focus and attitude. That whole fight scene was proof of his change.

Hestia, well, no change is needed there..

I mean he still had the same mind set of becoming a strong hero, he progressed in skills but character not that much. He's still the same good hearted person, he really didn't change that much.

I guess seeing many series like this has made me perceive it as having not that much character development considering it's a from a LN.

Is Gintama any good? How about DanMachi?

Gintama is a really great series, but takes at least 20 or so episodes to get really good because characters are getting introduced.

DanMach is like SAO but not offensive. It's an enjoyable watch I guess but by all means it isn't great.

Allaur

Yeah, that was, I'm just not sure why he couldn't get over it and be by her side. I understand what he said, but surely he'll fix that after being gone for the year.
I don't know... Sensei was really close to Rika, but he was as close to Harada. He likes Rika, has sense that may love her, but can't, and she'll always remind him about Harada if he'll see her often. And I'm not sure that Rika can accept it if he'll care too much about her. She really don't want to crush others with hernmisfortune.

Gintama is great. You have to slug through 20 or so weak set up episodes, though some people like them better then me.

I am legitimately confused by the amount of people who like DanMachi in here, but they do seem to like it so whatever.

Hey man. Sometimes its nice to unwind to titties and monster slaying.

cajunator

Banned
I kind of like Accel World, where the mc isnt untouchable. He gets his ass kicked most of the time, only overcoming everything with the help of friends.

I kind of like Accel World, where the mc isnt untouchable. He gets his ass kicked most of the time, only overcoming everything with the help of friends.

I feel the same way.

Haru may start off as a "master" of video games. But he still needs to learn the fundamentals of Brain Burst from the ground up.

Unlike in Sword Art Online where Kirito had beta tested the game (IIRC) and basically had a head start.

Adding to that, Haru even makes mistakes a lot as he learns, like an actual human being. He may have an "ability that no one else has", as most LN stuff goes. But Haru has to work to keep it, and what really impresses me about Accel World is that later on in the second half,
the show actually takes that power away from him, forcing him to adapt to a new strategy until he gets it back. That's a pretty risky move!

Again, it's much better than SAO where 90% of the development Kirito goes through happens off-screen.

It's a real shame how so many people who've seen SAO are afraid to watch this much better show simply for being by the same author.

cajunator

Banned
I feel the same way.

Haru may start off as a "master" of video games. But he still needs to learn the fundamentals of Brain Burst from the ground up.

Unlike in Sword Art Online where Kirito had beta tested the game (IIRC) and basically had a head start.

Adding to that, Haru even makes mistakes a lot as he learns, like an actual human being. He may have an "ability that no one else has", as most LN stuff goes. But Haru has to work to keep it, and what really impresses me about Accel World is that later on in the second half,
the show actually takes that power away from him, forcing him to adapt to a new strategy until he gets it back. That's a pretty risky move!

Again, it's much better than SAO where 90% of the development Kirito goes through happens off-screen.

It's a real shame how so many people who've seen SAO are afraid to watch this much better show simply for being by the same author.

I honestly cant believe it was written by the same guy.

Symphogear G 01-03

Wow they really improved the animation in this, but it kinda feels like a retread. Fine (who's name means The End, did u kno???) is back again but she is an idol this time. I guess. I dunno where these guys keep getting Gears.

Chris best

Nisekoi 7

And we're officially back! Best episode of the second season by far. Full Shaft neck tilts? Check. New girl? Check.
Locket problems
arising again? Check. The dynamics of all the girls and misunderstandings? Check. Zany fun and comedy bits? Check. Kosaki Onodera taking up more time on screen time then Chitoge? Double points!

I really enjoy
Haru
and the new characters a lot. But I still favor
original Onodera
a lot.
Both the Onodera girls
are definitely the best two!

Literally the only thing I can I can complain about with this episode was that there wasn't enough Shu and Ruri in the episode.

Quasar

Nisekoi 7

And we're officially back! Best episode of the second season by far. Full Shaft neck tilts? Check. New girl? Check.
Locket problems
arising again? Check. The dynamics of all the girls and misunderstandings? Check. Zany fun and comedy bits? Check. Kosaki Onodera taking up more time on screen time then Chitoge? Double points!

It actually confused me. The whole Raku and Haru not knowing each other. I mean hasn't it got to the point of Raku helping out Kosaki and her mum in their store and such.

Or maybe I'm just getting confused with the manga.

Quasar

I found SAO at least entertaining enough to keep watching. I just recognize that Kirito being God all the time was ridiculous.

I just got kind of bored with Accel World. And found the robot world really uninteresting. And did not like what they did with the protagonist. A fat kid as protagonist could have been more interesting than what it turned out to be.

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi # 08

I think Onpu and her mother only actually know one song

The lullaby is nice but it does sort of lose its impact if it's played this frequently. Otherwise the series has been pretty damn good so far.

Phatmac

Gintama has a lot of episodes.
Most episodes are great although it depends on your sense of humor. It uses a lot of crude humor and local japanesee jokes but it always works since the characters are amazing. It also has amazing serious arcs in order to move the story forward. It culminates into a must see anime show.

phaze

Nisekoi S2 07

You'd think that Nisekoi couldn't get any worse.

But then worst girl arrives and shows you how wrong you were.

Thankfully I managed to free myself from this atrocity.

Hanayamata End
I liked it. It reminded me a lot of K-on. Just some girls coming together and forming a club. And like K-on, with the band, there was not much emphasis on the club activity but more on anime girls doing anime girl stuff. The OP is also pretty good,
the way it was used in the plot was pretty good.
eeYDtzm.gif

So what is it that people dislike about Anime News Network? Is it the fact that they use early magazine scans but still have advertising on their site? If they were a random blog with no advertising would anyone care?
Let's take a look at the "news" for the Kyoto Animation Awards:

1st - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-04-22/no-grand-prizes-given-for-1st-kyoto-animation-award
2nd - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-12/no-grand-prizes-given-for-2nd-kyoto-animation-award
3rd - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-27/no-winners-announced-for-3rd-kyoto-animation-award
4th - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-27/no-grand-prizes-given-for-4th-kyoto-animation-award
6th - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nounced-for-6th-kyoto-animation-awards/.88490

Hmm, they seem to be missing one. I wonder why they never posted about the 5th awards. (There actually was a grand prize awarded and it doesn't fit their clickbait strategy)

cajunator

Banned
Hanayamata End
I liked it. It reminded me a lot of K-on. Just some girls coming together and forming a club. And like K-on, with the band, there was not much emphasis on the club activity but more on anime girls doing anime girl stuff. The OP is also pretty good,
the way it was used in the plot was pretty good.
eeYDtzm.gif

So much squee

Mandelbo

Re-Kan! Episode 8:

Kind of at a loss for word as to how average this show remains to be.
I only watched part of the first episode but the backgrounds irked me. They have a really muted colour palette and are so obviously cheap renders - the characters just look as if they've been pasted on top.

Defuser

Niseshit s2 ep 7
Annnnd here is the beginning of the horrible trolling fillers which plague Nisekoi.

Man, why does Ayane Sakura always get typecasted into kouhai roles?

duckroll

Got a Kickstarter update from Trigger regarding LWA2. Looks like they've been spending too much time on the super high budget production masterpiece Ninja Slayer, because LWA2 is definitely delaaaaaaaaaaayed. I think we already knew that though. Whatever. I've already written it off as a loss. Just like all anime. What a mistake this entire industry was. Nothing but trash!

i know i should be happy that some anime are released/licensed so i , simple european can get them in blu-ray.
BUT ..

I mean baccano collector edition , i like baccano , so this is a no brainer for me , but
This title will be released on December 28, 2015.

Why ? Why does this took so long ? why is this so far away.

***Goes crying in a corner.***

Narag

Got a Kickstarter update from Trigger regarding LWA2. Looks like they've been spending too much time on the super high budget production masterpiece Ninja Slayer, because LWA2 is definitely delaaaaaaaaaaayed. I think we already knew that though. Whatever. I've already written it off as a loss. Just like all anime. What a mistake this entire industry was. Nothing but trash!

You should be investing your money in trusted kickstarters that'll yield high quality results rather than scams like these.

javac

Why ? Why does this took so long ? why is this so far away.

***Goes crying in a corner.***

You obviously didn't read my MCM Comic Con Anime Limited update 2 pages back then did you! :p

Baccano: A weird technicality with assets has caused the delay, it should be resolved soon. Should be released before the October 2015 London Comic Con.

Niseshit s2 ep 7
Annnnd here is the beginning of the horrible trolling fillers which plague Nisekoi.

Man, why does Ayane Sakura always get typecasted into kouhai roles?

Best case would be 5 episodes of the magical girls spin-off.

But with just 4 episodes left after the one special episode, at least the anime will enter the final drama part soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom