• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anko

Darn. Did I miss the Madoka discussion? I hate being in the wrong time zone sometimes.

Anyway, loot!
mqG2GzW.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Let me see, so far my AOTS has been The Heroic Legend of Arslan followed by Mikagura Academy Suite and then Jojo and Assassnation Classroom. Also, after four episodes Sound! Euphonium is getter better and more watchable while still tremendously boring to the point where it is start to act as a sleep aid.

How exactly did the blood control techniques come to exist? They seem to have been a thing long before the incident. They speak about a demon world, is this demon world a parallel universe, how did the two know if each other's existence if so? What's Leo's sister role in this whole show? I thought she was part of the major plot. There's more stuff that I keep asking myself every week, but I can't think of much more right now. I had a few birthday drinks so I'm not at my 100% right now lol

See some of that stuff is explained in the later Vols a bit just not thoroughly about the blood control techniques. I mean even the stuff about the 2 worlds joining was told in the beginning through the incident. Also the sister situation basically becomes serious and is focused in Vol 10 which the adaption won't get to due to low episode count. That's why Bones used anime original content in order to parallel Leo and his sister with Black and White. Also some off the questions you're asking isn't going to be given directly through info dumping like some other shows. The show basically has you try to infer through the little details it gives you to connect some of the dots. That's why I really love this series because it makes you use your mind to gather up the little details and be creative with it.

I mean for example look at this scene in episode 5.

You see the firemen hosing the street with water. Which later goes to the segment where Stephen the Ice dude basically freezes the whole place, which had water all over it due to the firemen. All that detail in one little segment.

Also if you don't know who Nightow is he's the creator of Trigun and Kekkai Sensen. And like Trigun, Nightow loves having his characters going through Slice of Life moments without progressing the plot. He basically goes back to the plot later on. I think in a way he does this in order to flesh out his characters a bit.

Also season 2 is very likely to happen considering the BD preorders are doing really well and the manga is getting a boost.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A contrarian is just someone who goes against popular opinion. Most people seem to like Euphonium in here.

Good for them, Euphonium I am giving a chance and while I find it reasonable watchable at points, it also bores me because how do I put this, this show is a lot more High School then a lot of anime. I do not hate it because it is popular I dislike it because it can be a melodramatic snoozefest centered around petty problems and a subject matter I just can't connect with.

See some of that stuff is explained in the later Vols a bit just not thoroughly about the blood control techniques. I mean even the stuff about the 2 worlds joining was told in the beginning through the incident. Also the sister situation basically becomes serious and is focused in Vol 10 which the adaption won't get to due to low episode count. That's why Bones used anime original content in order to parallel Leo and his sister with Black and White. Also some off the questions you're asking isn't going to be given directly through info dumping like some other shows. The show basically has you try to infer through the little details it gives you to connect some of the dots. That's why I really love this series because it makes you use your mind to gather up the little details and be creative with it.

I mean for example look at this scene in episode 5.

You see the firemen hosing the street with water. Which later goes to the segment where Stephen the Ice dude basically freezes the whole place, which had water all over it due to the firemen. All that detail in one little segment.

Also if you don't know who Nightow is he's the creator of Trigun and Kekkai Sensen. And like Trigun, Nightow loves having his characters going through Slice of Life moments without progressing the plot. He basically goes back to the plot later on.

Also season 2 is very likely to happen considering the BD preorders are doing really well and the manga is getting a boost.
This is all cool stuff and I never noticed that detailed. When it all happened, I just kinda rolled with it without thinking since there's so much other crazy stuff happening all the time. I sure do hope it gets a season 2, it certainly deserves the love that it is getting. The whole thing is just so out there and different that that alone makes this show very enjoyable for me.

Cornbread78

Little Busters ep.7-8
I still haven't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I'm really liking this show. I mean, we've already seen some of the drama pop up, bit aside from that, there is a cool breeze of fun and "easy-goingness" about it. The funny moments do not drown out the story abd are well done, but they also switch to a more serious tone as needed. They just do a god job capturing even the easiest, everyday emotions. The team just introduced to new members, so they only need 2 more for a full squad, lets see what happens from here.

wonzo

Banned
obake-chan

only good thing about this was the credits

moon thing

kamikaze douga deserves so much better than working on whatever the fuck this garbage was suda51 trash

Quasar

Photo Kano uses the same format but since there are too many girls, they only get 1 episode each (except for the main girl). I don't think there's anything else though aside from Amagami SS+.

Yeah. And 1 episode per story never really works.

But yeah, anthology shows are pretty rare.

wonzo

Banned
diary of ochibi

hands down the single best thing to come from animator expo, thus justifying all of the other fluff the expo's produced in one fell swoop!

Jex

Yes it is, Cornbread, and I think you might like it.

I feel bad for recommending you these shows but honestly it's better if people enjoyed themselves rather than become bitter old men like everyone else in this thread.

ur wrong

If you can't experience bitterness then you have no understanding of what sweetness tastes like.

Yes it is, Cornbread, and I think you might like it.

I feel bad for recommending you these shows but honestly it's better if people enjoyed themselves rather than become bitter old men like everyone else in this thread.

Is there any way one can consume anime at that rate and not end up bitter and broken?

Anko

if it helps I apparently lied. My MAL says I made it to episode 3 before I dropped it.

In general I prefer more comedy in my romances.

Ah well.. Aoi Hana is totally serious and has almost no comedy in it. I don't see it as a romance show though. It's more of a coming of age story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SNAFU 9

Hikki's swag is the size of russia at this point. Yukino is like hnnnnnnnnnnnng in this episode though haha

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haven't watched yet but I saw a gif of that spoiler happening.
It's just too sad.

This is like the most =3 episode ever.

LN mild spoilers:
I wonder if its relevant they took out the fact that Yui very explicitly asked Hikigaya out to the newer park there? Seems like they just cut out that bit of dialogue...

Punch Line 8
iRpDZm5.jpg

Uchikoshi finally getting some meaningful credits
Hey, Crunchyroll stopped translated uber as yuber.

If there are only three episodes left, I wonder how well they can really wrap this up in that time frame.

Yahari Season 2 ep 9

Rollercoaster scene was well done as well as the scenes with Yui. A good episode though I never thought they would end at that point. Also pretty funny scene with Rumi at the end XD

SNAFU S2 09

Yui scene was great. Yukino scene was underwhelming.
I feel pretty bad for Tobe, he truly has no luck compared to every other guys in the series.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5:

Still improving by the episode, getting more compelling and not boring me as much, these are all good signs. However, there are still deep systemic flaws that I don't think I can ever overlook, or at the very least they are very paradoxical in my estimation. I have previously mentioned that this series is very high school, as in this actually feels like high school students dealing with (up to a point) real high school issues and it very good in that regard. The problem lies with that fact that it reminds me of how petty and infinitesimal a lot of the angst and indeed the issues on display is. This is kind of underscored by the lack of tension or stakes that the club is undergoing, like it is shooting for the great underdog formula but kind of lost itself in the details. Perhaps the biggest problem facing Euphonium is its cast, they are decent enough characters but mostly everybody is so bland that I have hard time remembering anybody once the program is over. Finally, the most troubling aspect I have is the yuri baiting as this seems like one of those shows that really, really, really wants to have its disproportionally female cast all start kissing and dating each other but is holding back. Indeed sometimes it feels the need to insert a very clumsy line about the character being heterosexual that feels at best supremely hollow and forced. I know this series is continuing down on this path and it remains to be seen where this ends but I am in a more intolerant mood for that shit then usual.

phaze

So I'm gonna try watching Kyousougiga tomorrow. What should my expectations be when I watch the series? Also is there just only 10 episodes in total?

Expect one of the better shows in existence. With some plotholes and unexplained things.

As said earlier, episode 0 is a rebroadcast of the earlier material, from which the whole anime stems and which would spoil a lot from the first 6/7 episodes. They also rewritten some plot details for the anime IIRC.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Expect one of the better shows in existence. With some plotholes and unexplained things.

As said earlier, episode 0 is a rebroadcast of the earlier material, from which the whole anime stems and would spoil a lot from the first 6/7 episodes. They also rewritten some plot details for the anime IIRC.

It has a bit of the TOEI Touch (lot of recycled animation) but otherwise the best thing that studio has put out in at least the past 5 years.

Mendrox

Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5:

Still improving by the episode, getting more compelling and not boring me as much, these are all good signs. However, there are still deep systemic flaws that I don't think I can ever overlook, or at the very least they are very paradoxical in my estimation. I have previously mentioned that this series is very high school, as in this actually feels like high school students dealing with (up to a point) real high school issues and it very good in that regard. The problem lies with that fact that it reminds me of how petty and infinitesimal a lot of the angst and indeed the issues on display is. This is kind of underscored by the lack of tension or stakes that the club is undergoing, like it is shooting for the great underdog formula but kind of lost itself in the details. Perhaps the biggest problem facing Euphonium is its cast, they are decent enough characters but mostly everybody is so bland that I have hard time remembering anybody once the program is over. Finally, the most troubling aspect I have is the yuri baiting as this seems like one of those shows that really, really, really wants to have its disproportionally female cast all start kissing and dating each other but is holding back. Indeed sometimes it feels the need to insert a very clumsy line about the character being heterosexual that feels at best supremely hollow and forced. I know this series is continuing down on this path and it remains to be seen where this ends but I am in a more intolerant mood for that shit then usual.

No that's not true especially with the newest episode. :) Hibike! Euphoniums last episode was really special and they didn't fuck it up. I am still surprised how the handled everything.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
No that's not true especially with the newest episode. :) Hibike! Euphoniums last episode was really special and they didn't fuck it up. I am still surprised how the handled everything.

I dearly hope so because I don't want to rage on this series for something like that.

SNAFU S2 09

The look on Yui and Yukino's faces when Hikki took Iroha's bag lol.

Iroha got burned but remember that Hayato told Hikki he likes a girl beginning with "Y"
Surely jealously has got to come into this at some point soon.

It has a bit of the TOEI Touch (lot of recycled animation) but otherwise the best thing that studio has put out in at least the past 5 years.

It does? It looked absolutely amazing to me and, if it was there, it must have been quite insignificant because I really didn't notice recycled animations in a negative manner.

Punchline - 08

Meh, this won't amount to anything special I'm certain.

Cross Game - 01

As I was lying in bed at roughly 1:30am watching this first episode, this sums up my experience quite well:
80x4VLW.gif

I did not see that coming. Mind you, in hindsight it's true that the death flags just kept stacking up but...I was just not expecting something as dire as Wakaba dying like that. I was wondering if some important incident would take place in that camp or during the time she'd be away but not that. All I knew about this show was that it has some pretty darn good romance next to all the sports stuff, which Is why I gave it a go. While I was surprised at just how close the main pair appeared to be this early already I didn't think much of it and rather enjoyed the endearing early friendship/relationship.

Well, I suppose it'll be rather her sister then later down the line. Overall quite a good first episode I must say. I should probably also finally look up the rules of Baseball. That not just Americans have to play the sport but Japanese too...sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom