• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
I fell asleep watching DFrag this morning but that was because I was exhausted. I usually stop when I can no longer remember the episode I just watched lol.
Same thing happened with me when I rewatched InuYasha before Final Act.

Restart the episode where you lost consciousness.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ninja Slayer 7
Two parter. 1st part about Ninja Slayer-san meeting Nancy (blonde girl in the opening) and killing a ninja with snake arm. Nancy suit somehow unzip herself when strangled by a snake, then zip itself up on the next scene. Also, tea ceremony is important business

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8:

Alright, I am all caught up and this series certainly deserves an MVP award for most improved as this episode was actually really good for the most part. I will still slag the show for trying to push the tertiary block of wood they call Shūichi Tsukamoto as any kind of romantic interest when they already established that Kumiko genuinely barely tolerates his presence among other things.
The matter is compounded now that the die is cast and they have built up Kumiko and Reina as a couple and yes that was a very least a very romantic interlude. They made it clear that Reina is in actual love with Kumiko and the mountain duet they shared was not only by far the best emotional moment of this show but on the higher end of the emotional scale for the year. The more I think about it the more impressed I was at how artfully crafted the whole affair was and I can see why everybody went nuts for it. Oh and if this goes down the route of the hetro-normative I will tear this show 18 new and different assholes over it.
Oh right, before I forget another systemic problem is this series just doesn't know how to do dramatic tension, auditions for the big game are about to begin and I could not giver a toss.

Cornbread78

I just want to say all to all those watching SNAFU that it's not fair at all I have to wait until tomorrow to have time to watch it, spoilers be damned, lol

ibyea

Banned

Alright, I am all caught up and this series certainly deserves an MVP award for most improved as this episode was actually really good for the most part. I will still slag the show for trying to push the tertiary block of wood they call Shūichi Tsukamoto as any kind of romantic interest when they already established that Kumiko genuinely barely tolerates his presence among other things.
The matter is compounded now that the die is cast and they have built up Kumiko and Reina as a couple and yes that was a very least a very romantic interlude. They made it clear that Reina is in actual love with Kumiko and the mountain duet they shared was not only by far the best emotional moment of this show but on the higher end of the emotional scale for the year. The more I think about it the more impressed I was at how artfully crafted the whole affair was and I can see why everybody went nuts for it. Oh and if this goes down the route of the hetro-normative I will tear this show 18 new and different assholes over it.
Oh right, before I forget another systemic problem is this series just doesn't know how to do dramatic tension, auditions for the big game ae about to begin and I could not giver a toss.

I pretty much said in my own impression that I will be so pissed when they inevitably put Kumiko with Shuichi. ^_^ It's just I have so little faith they won't back pedal, and yet part of me is hoping to god they don't.

Mendrox

Oh right, before I forget another systemic problem is this series just doesn't know how to do dramatic tension, auditions for the big game ae about to begin and I could not giver a toss.

Glad you liked it! I really liked that episode too and somehow this series is my favourite of this season.

Quasar

Heh. coming back to this show after dismissing it as more yuri-bait I was pleasantly surprised that the few male in theory cast members are getting some screen time.

I also liked how it was fairly non standard for a festival episode.

Cornbread78

Im waiting for S1 to come out on bluray, then I will dive in. By that time S2 will have aired as well.

It'll be a worthy experience for sure. There has just been a big lead up to this weeks episode as you saw from all the chatter last week, so I can't wait to watch it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I pretty much said in my own impression that I will be so pissed when they inevitably put Kumiko with Shuichi. ^_^ It's just I have so little faith they won't back pedal, and yet part of me is hoping to god they don't.

Indeed and I want to make it clear that this isn't over an issue of garden purity or other such nonsense, at least not mostly. Kumiko and Reina clearly had a romantic hook up on that mountain. THEY LITERALLY PLAYED SWEET MUSIC TOGETHER FOR GODS SAKE! Meanwhile Kumiko and the empty vessel have had no such rapport. Kumiko brushed off his advances and sees him at most as as friend and it wasn't tsundere bullshit either, she is legit not into him To pair the two of them up now is such an emotional betrayal of Episode 8 that it on its own is an unforgivable sin. Compounded onto that is the unfortunate implications, they have too hook up because that is the heterosexual way and nosy friends are forcing the issue. That is homophobic garbage of the highest order and this program will not escape the wrath of my hatred.

ibyea

Banned
Indeed and I want to make it clear that this isn't over an issue of garden purity or other such nonsense, at least not mostly. Kumiko and Reina clearly had a romantic hook up on that mountain. THEY LITERALLY PLAYED SWEET MUSIC TOGETHER FOR GODS SAKE! Meanwhile Kumiko and the empty vessel have had no such rapport. Kumiko brushed off his advances and sees him at most as as friend and it wasn't tsundere bullshit either, she is legit not into him To pair the two of them up now is such an emotional betrayal of Episode 8 that it on its own is an unforgivable sin. Compounded onto that is the unfortunate implications, they have too hook up because that is the heterosexual way and nosy friends are forcing the issue. That is homophobic garbage of the highest order and this program will not escape the wrath of my hatred.

Seriously, that scene was so romantic there is no other way to go. Shuichi is so uninteresting too in comparison.

SNAFU2 09
LOL at the intro. I kinda knew from the get go it was going to start the way it did, still his reaction made me laugh so hard.
Dat reaction when Hachi took Iroha's groceries tho! Now you see the competition uh!
Those Yui and Yukino moments too, damn Hachi is starting to get to another level. At the end, how does
Tobe dare make Iroha cry!
mrgrgrgrgr.

Anyway that was a fantastic episode, a very different Christmas episode too. Usually they all follow the same pattern, this one was so different from everything that I've seen.

NeoForte

Oh right, before I forget another systemic problem is this series just doesn't know how to do dramatic tension, auditions for the big game are about to begin and I could not giver a toss.

I really hate to be the kill joy (I love me some good yuri and I am was amazed how well they handled last weeks episode between the two) but... in the novels the yuri is just as strong between the two but in the end Reina is actually in love with the teacher and Kumiko realizes she loves Shuichi all along. Good news is the anime is deviating slightly from it so maybe there is still hope for the two!... god I hope so...

so is Snafu S2 just really good or were this many watching S1 too and talking about it? I dont remember nearly as much talk about S1.
I've loved SNAFU ever since it first released so it puts a smile in face seeing this many people enjoy it. It definitely has a bigger audience now than it did before.

I really hate to be the kill joy
(I love me some good yuri and I am was amazed how well they handled last weeks episode between the two) but..
. *Novel spoilers btw*
in the novels the yuri is just as strong between the two but in the end Reina is actually in love with the teacher and Kumiko realizes she loves Shuichi all along. Good news is the anime is deviating slightly from it so maybe there is still hope for the two!... god I hope so...

Commenting on novel spoilers:
It's obvious that Reina likes Taki and there's no disputing that, but there was little to suggest that Kumiko actually likes Shuichi as more than a friend. The only things mentioning that is one toss-away line in the epilogue that could reflect Kumiko not wanting to go into detail regarding their friendship and a short from Shuichi's POV that had her acting out of her character. It honestly felt more that it was pushed to "end" (it was the final short in a collection of shorts) that way from the editor rather than something Takeda wanted to write.

Regardless, it's absolutely futile to take future novels into consideration regarding the anime. The plot was constructed with only novel 1 as a reference as that was the only novel out at that time. People trying to push what happens later are ignoring that fact in favor of being jerks and trying to spoil things.

It's completely irritating to me, as one of the first two people in the Eng fandom (that I know of) who chose not to mention anything about the novels that would spoil anything, even restraining from mentioning auditions before they were announced in episode 6, to see people like you come out trying to increase negativity for no good reason.

You guys with all your obvious wording are really doing the worst job at preventing spoilers from Hibike! Euphonium.

I totally pressed that spoiler and I wish I didn't lol... Oh well.

Hah! Yeah I was wondering whether the spoiler tag was working at all. ^_^

As someone who actually restrained themselves from commenting on anything in the novel prior to its inclusion in the series, I apologize for anything this person said. As I mentioned, there's no basis to suspect that to be included in the anime other than "LOL, it's in the novel (that was published after scripts/storyboards were done and production had started on the animation)!" It's just being a complete jerk to pop in and try to apply that to this production when any novel reader would know there were new scenes included, thus it's not going to be the same. Try to ignore it.

Only S1 is licensed for bluray release in the Us I think.
But I gotta start from there.

S2 will be out on BD in a couple of years when the series is done selling BDs in Japan; Sentai has licensed it for that format. TBS isn't stupid enough to let Sentai eat into their revenue after paying pennies on the dollar.

As someone who actually restrained themselves from commenting on anything in the novel prior to its inclusion in the series, I apologize for anything this person said. As I mentioned, there's no basis to suspect that to be included in the anime other than "LOL, it's in the novel (that was published after scripts/storyboards were done and production had started on the animation)!" It's just being a complete jerk to pop in and try to apply that to this production when any novel reader would know there were new scenes included, thus it's not going to be the same. Try to ignore it.
I mean the seeds for the outcome are already planted, but seeing it written down means the surprise won't be there anymore when and if it does happen.

Season 2 is better constructed on pretty much all major fronts.
This is true. The improvement on the art for one did this show wonders. Still season 1 is excellent, and is one of my favorite slices of life of all time.

cajunator

Banned
S2 will be out on BD in a couple of years when the series is done selling BDs in Japan; Sentai has licensed it for that format. TBS isn't stupid enough to let Sentai eat into their revenue after paying pennies on the dollar.

Yeah I know. I might have to catch up on S2 on CR (if its still there)
S1 doesnt come on bluray until September so I might have to wait a while.
Watching too many other things at the moment.
I even have some other shows to watch like Love Election and Chocolate and OniAi before I get to Snafu. Oh and that other show with the Mental Choices something something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I really hate to be the kill joy (I love me some good yuri and I am was amazed how well they handled last weeks episode between the two) but... *Novel spoilers btw*
in the novels the yuri is just as strong between the two but in the end Reina is actually in love with the teacher and Kumiko realizes she loves Shuichi all along. Good news is the anime is deviating slightly from it so maybe there is still hope for the two!... god I hope so...

Been reading up on that sort of thing
this is more then a slight deviation as they threw out Kumiko's attraction to Shiuichi turning instead to a barely tolerated childhood friend. Also, Reina's teacher fetish is stamped out early apparently, at least long enough to leave it on the cutting room floor. Also, there is more, more details that Kyoto Animation added themselves. Another clue to them hooking up is they switched to a first name basis, without the kuns, chans and other honorfics. Also, here is the actual song they played the duet with, I am told the title is, no shit, The Place We Found Love. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDi2gNhXtvs&feature=youtu.be Basically Koyto Animation decided to make them a couple and yes I consider them a couple now because you don't get to back down on this shit now.

I mean throughout the discussions we've had prior and reading a tad of ultimatemegax (well done!) spoilers I was kinda expecting this to go a certain direction anyways and this is show is more about the execution and its strong characterization than knowing the outcome, but it still sucks somewhat.

C'mon NeoForte, what you preface your spoiler with says everything >_<

edit:
I'll certainly not be around this thread when the next Attack on Titan season airs. While I've read up to some point further in the manga I really don't want to have anything further spoiled (or even stuff I just haven't noticed yet).

ibyea

Banned
Been reading up on that sort of thing
this is more then a slight deviation as they threw out Kumiko's attraction to Shiuichi turning instead to a barely tolerated childhood friend. Also, Reina's teacher fetish is stamped out early apparently, at least long enough to leave it on the cutting room floor. Also, there is more, more details that Kyoto Animation added themselves. Another clue to them hooking up is they switched to a first name basis, without the kuns, chans and other honorfics. Also, here is the actual song they played the duet with, I am told the title is, no shit, The Place We Found Love. Basically Koyto Animation decided to make them a couple and yes I consider them a couple now because you don't get to back down on this shit now.

This leaves me some hope. I can't stand the knowledge that Reina likes the teacher in the novels. Seriously, just what the hell.

NeoForte

Commenting on novel spoilers:
It's obvious that Reina likes Taki and there's no disputing that, but there was little to suggest that Kumiko actually likes Shuichi as more than a friend. The only things mentioning that is one toss-away line in the epilogue that could reflect Kumiko not wanting to go into detail regarding their friendship and a short from Shuichi's POV that had her acting out of her character. It honestly felt more that it was pushed to "end" (it was the final short in a collection of shorts) that way from the editor rather than something Takeda wanted to write.

Regardless, it's absolutely futile to take future novels into consideration regarding the anime. The plot was constructed with only novel 1 as a reference as that was the only novel out at that time. People trying to push what happens later are ignoring that fact in favor of being jerks and trying to spoil things.

It's completely irritating to me, as one of the first two people in the Eng fandom (that I know of) who chose not to mention anything about the novels that would spoil anything, even restraining from mentioning auditions before they were announced in episode 6, to see people like you come out trying to increase negativity for no good reason.

Ah. Well I do look like a jerk for doing that. Sorry, I wasn't thinking about that when I wrote that. And anyone I spoiled sorry :/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This leaves me some hope. I can't stand the knowledge that Reina likes the teacher in the novels. Seriously, just what the hell.

I stand by what I said initially, if this ends in Kumiko and Reina as not a couple because male attraction rules the day, I riot.

ibyea

Banned
I stand by what I said initially, if this ends in Kumiko and Reina as not a couple because male attraction rules the day, I riot.

Yeah, the show might as well be a waste of time if the Kumiko/Reina couple is reversed.

OreGairu / SNAFU S2 Ep. 9

OTWlxqb.png

A much needed healing episode after all the drama recently. It was nice to see the 3 doing things that normal friends do. Also nice to see the friendly ribbing between Yukino and Hachiman return.

Lots of great scenes with both of the main girls. I loved their expression when Iroha
handed the bag over to Hachiman during the middle of a conversation. It was so automatic like they've been doing it forever.
Iroha asserting her dominance without trying haha.

I loved the puppet scene with Yui. Not only did the adorableness get to max levels, there were also romantic advancements.
Especially with the flashback to S1 when Yui declares to be assertive, I thought Hachiman's "someday" was alluding to a real date between them.
Like it seemed like he knew exactly what he was saying.

Yukino's love for cute things is really funny. She gets so serious when it comes to picking out panda plushies.
The sleeve tug and drop in the water ride was so well done. Loved how the music just stops and you only hear the wind.
She's becoming more comfortable being vulnerable around him.

As for the last scene,
I didnt think she'd ever confess. Poor Iroha
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom