• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibike! Euphonium 6-8
"And Kyoto Animation walks up the club like:
I NOT GAY NO MORE.
I HAVE DELIVERED.
I SAY I DONT LIKE MENZ NO MORE
I SAY I LIKE WOMEN
WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN UGHHHRHRHHRHRHRHHRHRHHRHRHRRH"

And the next piece continues.

Its not that great really but its something obscure if somebody wants to watch a show out of the limelight.
its your typical high tech sentient jets fight an alien menace to save Earth kind of thing. Very heavy on early cg.

I'll give it a go sometime, it can't be any worse than Sky Crawlers (Do get the game on Wii though, that's actually pretty good).

Yes, I am serious and also for the record that was romantic tension I am talking about the half-baked sports underdog story that you probably already forgotten about.

Eh, no, I doubt hardly anyone here has forgotten about that.

Anyways, I don't think Hibike is consistently great directed but for the most part it's doing really well.

e:
Dog, you should check out Shokugeki no Soma. Some really pathetic fanservice aside it can be pretty glorious.

It's so bad, but then Shinoa says something and I go, "goddammit, not dropped." Every week.
This lol.

DanMachi I skipped because of the stupid name.
You are doing yourself a disservice tbh. I too was going to do the same, it was a friend of mine that got me to watch it and it's actually really good. The title makes it seem like a silly show, but it kind of isn't. Like others have said, this show has emotion, great visuals too and awesome battles and lore. The latter specially is really interesting since it's as if everything in that world came out of a game, except this is no MMO or anything like that, it's just how things work there. Easily on my top 3 this season, and no, it's not because the season is bad, it's because I really like this show.

Sölf;165776189 said:
Not enough YEEART! in the title. :(

Ninja Slayer's so unremarkable that no one even talks about it anymore. Though I suppose that's not unexpected when the show felt stale before it hit the 12 minute mark.

Theonik

Learning what dramatic tension is would be a good start.
And I suppose you know all about it.

Hibike! Euphonium 6-8
I NOT GAY NO MORE.
I HAVE DELIVERED.
I SAY I LIKE WOMEN

*bulumb* TUTTI WATASHI TACHI! yadda yadda.

The novelty wore of quick,plus there are better shorts out there.

It's a shame because Inferno Cop was so much better.

DanMachi I skipped because of the stupid name.
The whole name and premise feel like something ripped out of some shitty web novel. All it's missing is the part where the main character was transported from reality to the fantasy world where RPG mechanics are real.

Ninja Slayer started as one of those shows that you were amused with because fuck it, it was kind of funny to see the sad reactions of people who were looking forward to it. Then it got old really really fast.

phaze

Only watched the first two Arise OVA releases, which aren't anything to write home about. I hope what you say is true though as I plan on watching the rest of the OVA + tv series.

The tv series is the Ova's. + 2 episodes they will add to round it up and tie into the movie. And I largely agree with your opinion on it but it still puts it above most of the current season,

I couldn't get into Ninja Slayer and I didn't find any of its jankiness funny or anything. Saw bits and pieces from episode one, and carried on.

Ninja Slayer's so unremarkable that no one even talks about it anymore. Though I suppose that's not unexpected when the show felt stale before it hit the 12 minute mark.

I still watch and enjoy it. But with all the episodes being alike there isn't much to discuss.

Hello friends. I love Terra Battle. I hope Terra Battle gets an anime soon...

A lot of those F2P mobile Jrpg's get an anime released so it's only a matter of time. I do wonder if it's going to be good but as long as we get new music it will be worth the watch.

Get out and watch some real anime like...

Seraph of the End - 09

Watching a vampire get punched into dust is one of my highlights of the season. I love this show so much no matter how bad it is for me.

Himemiya

Hibike! Euphonium 6-8
I NOT GAY NO MORE.
I HAVE DELIVERED.
I SAY I LIKE WOMEN

Is Free! the reason behind this deranged posting?

As the lover of BONES that you are in here, I'm surprised you haven't been checking out Show by Rock!

I mean, your opinions on it would be interesting to read, given the kind of show that it is.

Totally biased OP thread I see.😌

Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki takes the win for Spring Season. Both have wonderful and enjoyable characters. The former's characters are definitely the type the Author of Trigun would create. Just a band of lively adult characters together and just mainly having fun and doing there work. And my god is the direction so goddamn great just like Kyousougiga where the camera angles just zoom in, zoom out, or just move around. Arslan's characters are enjoyable as well especially seeing their interactions together. Plus I just love the setting just like I do with Kekkai. Also Kekkai has the best Opening and Ending this Season hands down.

70K0pTC.jpg

Fishman FTW.

I seriously can't wait for Abe Sapien aka Zed O'Brien to show up in today's episode.

Ushio to Tora [1992] | 01 - 04

Since the new adaption will air in the summer I decided to check the OVA for a taste.

This was more comical than I expected. Specifically regarding Tora's reactions and personality. It sort of feels like a movie with a bad guy who is forced to team up with an officer.
Up to this point there's been episodic challenges, a la 'monster of the week' if you will. I haven't picked up on any plot but the ongoing dysfunctional partnership and the interactions.

I like the monster/spirit designs and the types seem varied with monster fish, worms, samurai, centipedes and so on.
Mappa did Garo last season(s), and I really liked their odd and often unique monster designs. Makes me excited to see how they'll handle the spirits in this, and if they'll put in some original outlandish ones.
I'm happy to see they decided to keep the spirit of the old school design for their adaption by the looks of it. After a certain episode of HxH I have a fetish for long hair, so it all checks out.
This peek got me looking forward to the summer show. I'm not expecting any AOTS/AOTY, but I believe it'll be a fun and entertaining show to watch every week.

DanMachi 09

Really liked this episode a lot, but I gotta say again this show just feels like a 2-cour because of its pace, Bell has met new friend and party member. They better announce a season 2 for this, because it just feels like his adventure is getting started now, and we only have a few episodes left.

DanMachi 09

Really liked this episode a lot, but I gotta say again this show just feels like a 2-cour because of its pace, Bell has met new friend and party member. They better announce a season 2 for this, because it just feels like his adventure is getting started now, and we only have a few episodes left.

Not enough source material.

Sterok

Re-Kan 9

Chocolate and misunderstandings. Narumi secretly wants some for herself. Hibiki helps more ghosts and the people they left behind.

DanMachi 09

it could just be one of those shows that are meant to get people to read the source material and they never make a new season.

Puruzi

Banned
Totally biased OP thread I see.😌

Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki takes the win for Spring Season. Both have wonderful and enjoyable characters. The former's characters are definitely the type the Author of Trigun would create. Just a band of lively adult characters together and just mainly having fun and doing there work. And my god is the direction so goddamn great just like Kyousougiga where the camera angles just zoom in, zoom out, or just move around. Arslan's characters are enjoyable as well especially seeing their interactions together. Plus I just love the setting just like I do with Kekkai. Also Kekkai has the best Opening and Ending this Season hands down.

I seriously can't wait for Abe Sapien aka Zed O'Brien to show up in today's episode.
They most certainly are not the best.

Defuser

*KyoAni does Free!*

"Man fuck you KyoAni, I don't want no pandering same sex service!"

*KyoAni does Hibike!Euphonium! with a hint of Yuri*

"ZOMG MOAR PLEASE!!"

Not enough source material.

it could just be one of those shows that are meant to get people to read the source material and they never make a new season.
Yup no material you are right, but I think that with its popularity, as soon as there's more to adapt, we will see a second season. Probably in 2 years or so. Just like with SNAFU when season 1 ended I was very tempted to keep reading but at the same time I hoped for another season, and didnt want to spoil myself. I will wait, heck I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Vita game or something for DanMachi to tide the viewers over in Japan.

rrvv

Yuri is overrated anyway.

Love Live S2

Better than S1 in almost everything (other than face reaction). That being said while it quite decent. Is kinda lack everything that make it really special other than cute girl doing cute thing.

Idolmaster is better IMO

cajunator

Banned
The sad thing is it's probable that the author just wanted to go with "Familia Myth" as the title but was basically forced to go with the LN dreck title because that's what sells now, depressingly.

This is probably true as sad as that sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom