• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix RPGs on sale on North American PSN

bumpkin

FFX/X-2 HD for $20 is pretty damn tempting, especially when buying it at retail only one of the games is actually a physical game card.

lucius

"Dissidia 012[duodecim] (PSP) $9.99"

I have been waiting for this to drop in price, I thought this game included the first game also, why would anyone buy the 1st one for the same price?

OG Loc

Cool, I'll finally grab FF Tactics: War of the Lions. It's a good remake of the original right?

You're goddamn right. I would say its worth it for the new cutscenes and voice acting alone. There's the slight slowdown during spells but it really doesn't bother me. Your mileage may vary.

Tizoc

I wonder what is happening in Europe?

What is that you say? Nothing?

Really?

SCREW YOU

Well that didn't take long!
Just make a US account and then you can thank me later.
Just make a US account.
Trust me a US account will be like your salvation.

ocean

Banned
Has anyone managed to buy these? It tells me I'm not eligible to purchase/download and I'm boarding a plane soon. I'd like to have this bought before I depart since missing out on the sale would suck :(

OG Loc

And looks like I will be avoiding PSOne Chrono Trigger. I'll pick up the DS version instead. Thanks, guys.

culafia

Looking at FFX/2 and FFVII for Vita

Never beat a Final Fantasy before

Anything else I absolutely NEED to play?

Any chance the ones for mobile (iOS/Android) will go on sale? I basically have them all.

EDIT:
And idk if it's just me, but atm, all the games are showing regular prices. ie: FF5-8 are still $9.99

bigkrev

Is there any reason to buy Dissidia 1 if I already own Dissidia 2?

It's the only thing on the sale page I don't own apart from LR....

Got FFXHD for Vita, even though I already have it on PS3. I'm also thinking about getting Front Mission 3, I've never played a Front Mission before but it looks neat.

Fireblend

Banned
Are the FFIX loading times unbearable on Vita? And I dunno if I should grab FFX HD, but I'm leaning towards no :p not sure I want to add another game to my backlog.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there any reason to buy Dissidia 1 if I already own Dissidia 2?

It's the only thing on the sale page I don't own apart from LR....
Honestly, no. Duodecim pretty much includes the story from the original game (heck, it pretty much includes the original game period), but with the enhancements from the sequel.

Trying to decide if I should get FFX/X2 HD, but considering my backlog at the moment, with a decent amount of them being RPGs, I'll probably wait for another sale.

No Xenogears, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, 3rd Birthday, or Tactics Ogre? Come on SE, those are the ones I want and you give me the ones I don't.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

everyone.gif

Except FFXII. That one is pure garbage in my book.

Any chance the ones for mobile (iOS/Android) will go on sale? I basically have them all.

EDIT:
And idk if it's just me, but atm, all the games are showing regular prices. ie: FF5-8 are still $9.99

Not just you - it probably takes a little while for all stores to reflect sale prices.

Juraash

Pretty tempted on the X/X-2 remasters. The only question is which piece of hardware to get them for...

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't snooped on PSN for a few weeks now.

Dsyndrome

Never beat Front Mission 3 even though I've had it since the 90's. $3 will be the motivation I need to finally beat it, hopefully.

Definitely FFIX (my all time fav), but I'd recommend getting FFVIII too for that price. I just beat FFV and it's pretty awesome. I want to play FFVI for iOS but not for $16, I'm almost convinced VI is the best except I've never played it. I mean just listen to this soundtrack

Not just you - it probably takes a little while for all stores to reflect sale prices.
Okay, cool. I guess I'll just look at it later tonight.

If this stays this price, it is an utter embarrassment... It's already down to $19.99 or $29.99 at retailers...
Yeah, I'm sure it won't be that discounted. Just dreaming but if it's somewhere under $20 I may double dip.

Toki767

WIll pick up FFX. Feel like I should pick up Origins just to complete my Final Fantasy collection, but I'm still disappointed they never put up the PSP versions.

lucius

My 32GB vita memory card is so full, I can't resist some of these because they hardly ever go on sale.

Kriken

Was considering getting CT, but will continue to wait on that for the DS version, got FF9. What's the consensus on Front Mission 3, do you need to play 1&2 to enjoy 3?

Top Bottom