• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix RPGs on sale on North American PSN

ocean

Banned
Got Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy IX. VII and VIII still glitch at checkout so I'll get those later.

I'm a big FF fan and I've beaten every mainline title except for FFI and the Lightning trilogy. Does XIII-2 fix the problems people had with XIII? Reviews seem to be good. It I haven't heard GAF's opinion on it.

Probably gonna get 7 and 8 sometime this week.

If you still have a PSP, get War of the Lions, the CFW which removes the slowdown, and you'll have the definitive Tactics experience.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
ill pick up FF7 for the vita if its actually $5 and they don't magically change the price and say it was an error or something.

Phil S.

Banned
Do the FF PS1 games have long loading times like the originals, or have they been altered to be sped up? I'm guessing these are bare-bones emulations, which is fine. I can't complain.

culafia

Now that I think about it, I think the smartest thing to do would be to do VI, VII, VIII, IX for a cool 20 bucks and wait to see if FFX goes lower.

yukonrye

Is FFIV complete collection on sale? It says $10 but I don't know what the regular price is.

Also, is it any good? I've never finished FFIV. Played about 2/3 through on SNES and about halfway through the DS version. I'd like to finish it someday.

Are there any issues with the FFIV: Collection?

I thought I'd heard it was stupid fucking easy. I could be completely making that up. Hopefully someone else can chime in 'cause I'm kind of tempted by it as well. FF4 is possibly my favorite FF but I've never played The After Years stuff.

JaseMath

FFIV: Complete will be MINE...been eyeing it for awhile. Also, does this sale include FFX for Vita?

I thought I'd heard it was stupid fucking easy. I could be completely making that up. Hopefully someone else can chime in 'cause I'm kind of tempted by it as well. FF4 is possibly my favorite FF but I've never played The After Years stuff.

The IGN review makes it seem like it's challenging. I'd love it if it was just a touch easier than FFIV DS.

Any chance the ones for mobile (iOS/Android) will go on sale? I basically have them all.

Actually, last week FFI-IV were on sale on Google Play, and FF5 was separately on sale the other day, too. 50% off.

The IGN review makes it seem like it's challenging. I'd love it if it was just a touch easier than FFIV DS.

I remember it being easier than the original, but not LOLWTFSTEAMROLL easy like the FF1/2 ports on PSP.

Speaking of those ports..they never made it to PSN? *sigh*.

well, i might as well snatch up ff2 since the disc version doesn't work and the jaggs are an eyesore to look at when playing on a ps1/ps2

Didn't know that; well, consider what I said a comparison to the PSX version, since that's the version I played first.

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection is easier than FFIV DS. It has all of the abilities and items found in the GBA release, however none of the shitty music of the GBA (original and remix OST are available) nor the gamebreaking bugs of the GBA version. It is NOT as easy as the original USA release "Final Fantasy II", there is still some challenge (though not as challenging as the FFIV PSX version which is based on the original release of FFIV in Japan), along with the extra post-game content found in the GBA version.

I think it is the definitive version of the game in 2D (no question).

I have never played the iOS version of the After Years, so I can not compare that to the 3D version. HOWEVER it is better than the Wii version (hands down).

I spent $40 (twice, digital and physical) on FFIV: Complete Collection, and I think $10 is basically a steal.

EDIT: Buy Front Mission 3 as well. So very good for $3...

Didn't know that; well, consider what I said a comparison to the PSX version, since that's the version I played first.

Yeah, the PSX version is more like the original Japanese version than the Easy US SNES version.

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection is easier than FFIV DS. It has all of the abilities and items found in the GBA release, however none of the shitty music of the GBA (original and remix OST are available) nor the gamebreaking bugs of the GBA version. It is NOT as easy as the original USA release "Final Fantasy II", there is still some challenge (though not as challenging as the FFIV PSX version which is based on the original release of FFIV in Japan), along with the extra post-game content found in the GBA version.

I think it is the definitive version of the game in 2D (no question).

I have never played the iOS version of the After Years, so I can not compare that to the 3D version. HOWEVER it is better than the Wii version (hands down).

I spent $40 (twice, digital and physical) on FFIV: Complete Collection, and I think $10 is basically a steal.

Alright, you've sold me on it. Thanks.

.la1n

How long do these sales generally last? My mobile purchases are not working so it may not be until Saturday before I get to my PS3.

All numbered FF's from 6-9 and dissidia's. Jeez. Every week they get my money!!!

Edit: screw it. Front mission 3 and FF5 also.

Linkark07

Banned
Plan to buy FFX and perhaps 13-2 this week.

I have a question though, noticed on the FFX page that the game size is 6.6GB for the Vita. Is it a single download or two downloads, one for each game?

so this is the cheapest ps1 square rpgs will be? might as well pick up the few im missing

Yes, I have nver seen any of the Final Fantasy PSX games cheaper than this. FFV and FFTactics: war of the lions were free via PS+ once but $5 is the cheapest to purchase.

I have a question though, noticed on the FFX page that the game size is 6.6GB for the Vita. Is it a single download or two downloads, one for each game?

Two downloads one for each game. Which is problematic because FFX-2 is digital, even when you buy the box. I don't want two digital copies of FFX-2...

Top Bottom