• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix talks strong Switch support, mobile, using FF15 style updates more places

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not too interested in the remakes - but since these games never hit Nintendo consoles. A FF 7-9 collection at retail would be crazy. Would also love XII Remaster on Switch.

Honestly the only way i could see myself going in on XII would be a portable/Switch version at this point. Doesnt look like PSV will get it.

Edit:
They could have put more work into the port or at least turned the graphics down though

Thats was a rushed port from KT though - doubt the time schedule on future releases will be this narrow. Probably best to wait to see how DQXI will look and perform on Switch if you wanna gauge how serious they are about the platform. Thats a big budget title that has been planned for the system for a while now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Good to hear. Hope they really consider bringing that Seiken Densetsu Switch collection to the west, then.

SgtCobra

It's only logical for them to do so. I don't think that any Xbox-only owners would expect a respectable amount of Japanese support for their console nowadays though.

Protome

Really they should port that Dissidia arcade game to Switch. The series started portable, it just makes sense.

Theatrhythm Nier

I always hoped that the DLC for Curtain Call would do well enough that either Squenix would keep pumping out more music for it from other non-FF games or make some kind of spin off that is a mix of their non-FF games music.

A Theatrhythm game with Chrono Trigger, TWEWY and Nier music would be godlike.

This thread has me excited for the next generation of handheld Square games, Square always kill it with handheld support. Would be awesome if we could get a PSP or DS level output from them. Octopath Traveller is a nice start and I'm sure Dragon Quest 11 will be a great port.

Project-Octopath-Traveler-2.jpg

I didn't find "Planning to focus more on Switch than Scorpio" in the original interview....

Going by the bulletpoints in the OP, it doesn't sound like he said it like that but rather of all the new hardware releasing this year, the Switch is the one that'll get the most support by them.

Exentryk

- Notes that releasing titles in Japan than waiting several months to release their titles overseas is not a good business strategy, especially for their story/adventure focused titles and continues to note the importance of worldwide releases

Sounds good.

Isn't Scorpio going to be revealed today?

Bad(or maybe good?) timing SE.

Well I mean Scorpio is still an Xbox One, I doubt the device will improve the systems library outside of a push in first party support. That being said I'm sure they have a surprise in store for today.

Famassu

Not announced, but I'm sure the next Tomb Raider will come to XB1/Scorpio.
Probably meant the Japan side of SQEX. Their ex-Eidos/western publishing side will obviously release whatever Just Causes, Tomb Raiders, Deus Exes, Life is Stranges & others for Xbone, maybe a possible FFXVI too, but I'd imagine that at least the Nier: Automata scale projects will stay PS4 (+ PC)

Mega shock. Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, and FFXV are the only games that make sense to be pushed to Scorpio whereas they could dump a gang of their mobile stuff onto Switch.

Not this again. If the thread is about support for the console why would speculation not be allowed?

Give me ff12 pls! isn't speculation tho.
And i was just asking, the hostility that comes from switch owners here is really something.
Its hard to post anything and not get shat on unless its something rosy about the switch.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
And i was just asking, the hostility that comes from switch owners here is really something.
Its hard to post anything and not get shat on unless its something rosy about the switch.
As port-begging is a bannable offense it comes off very rude to go into a thread like this asking what counts as port-begging

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I didn't find "Planning to focus more on Switch than Scorpio" in the original interview....

Did you see quotations marks in the title. Did you notice the part where he says of the 3 they plan to focus on the switch. It's a basic inference and paraphrasing.

There's some irony here.
You come into a thread where the Square CEO talks about porting games to Switch and you call the community port beggars for speculating what games these could be.

If there's hostility it's on both sides. This isn't the first time I've seen you complain about Switch owners.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Its just irritating when the "port-begging" card is being used whenever potential Switch support is being discussed - its a new system and not established as PS/One platforms. So many things arent clear or set in stone when it comes to the System.

Prior to PS4/One launches - it wasnt a problem to ask/hope for current titles to get PS4/Next-Gen version or waiting on potential Remaster. Do the same for a portable/Switch version today and you have 10 users getting offended because of port begging. Any type of excitement or potential gets shut down rather fast.

I know why this is happening...but there is a clear double standard when approaching the launch of the new consoles.

PS: This thread is specific about SE embracing ports to Switch - so everything goes. Its not the same as going in the OT Kingdom Hearts Collection thread and asking for Switch versions.

Top Bottom