• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

anaron

3rd Birthday looks fantastic! :O From the CG to in-game, the graphics look phenemonal.:D Hearing "Theme of Aya" didn't hurt either. :) I really hope this game turns out well.

My only nitpick is that I still really don't like the clothes Aya's been designed with. :/

Awntawn

VindicatorZ said:
Yes why the fuck did they stop filming at FFXIII. That's a brand new trailer has the Prologue theme in it!
That's when they turn on the EMP emitters inside the theater 3;

kittel

VindicatorZ said:
Yes why the fuck did they stop filming at FFXIII. That's a brand new trailer has the Prologue theme in it!

I think he stopped filming at the beginning of the Dissidia trailer when the Square executives started walking towards him, took him to the back room, roughed him up but was unable to recover the microsd card he swallowed

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The DS KH Game looks also way better than i expected especially for a 4 Person Multiplayer Game..i really don`t get the hate :) Parasite Eve :eek:

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The Last Remnant was surprisingly cool. It went from "maybe" to "day 1" for me.
I have excitement.

duckroll

The 3rd Birthday looks really good graphically. Even though this is a collaboration with Hexa Drive, it seems S-E is still trying to ensure that their PSP titles really push the PSP hardware. :eek:

Synless

Both of those kingdom hearts games looked amazing. I can't believe how good they look on both systems. That CG movie of PE3 looked pretty damn good too. Next year is going to be pretty good for psp.

duckroll

twinturbo2 said:
Why is Square still pulling this closed theater bullshit? Do they have something to hide?

How's it bullshit to pamper your fans at a game show to 40 mins of exclusive new trailers in a nice comfy theatre room with seats and great sound? People not being able to record stuff in it is just a side effect, not the real intention. It's only "bullshit" to internet fans who feel they have the right to complain about not seeing every single thing at TGS.

Technically most things at TGS aren't filmable, but when it's in an open area, it's easier for people to secretly record footage and put it online. But when it's in an open area, it also means the experience for the actual people at the show viewing them is lessened since there's tons of noice from other booths and from the crowd, and you'll be standing around in a crowded space.

DarkKyo

duckroll said:
How's it bullshit to pamper your fans at a game show to 40 mins of exclusive new trailers in a nice comfy theatre room with seats and great sound? People not being able to record stuff in it is just a side effect, not the real intention. It's only "bullshit" to internet fans who feel they have the right to complain about not seeing every single thing at TGS.

Technically most things at TGS aren't filmable, but when it's in an open area, it's easier for people to secretly record footage and put it online. But when it's in an open area, it also means the experience for the actual people at the show viewing them is lessened since there's tons of noice from other booths and from the crowd, and you'll be standing around in a crowded space.

It's not bullshit, it's just stupid.
It's not like what they're hiding is classified, or even worth hiding. It will either get leaked or be seen later on anyways. It's just a gimmick to create some hype, which it just flat-out fails at.

duckroll

Dechaios said:
It's not bullshit, it's just stupid.
It's not like what they're hiding is classified, or even worth hiding. It will either get leaked or be seen later on anyways. It's just a gimmick to create some hype, which it just flat-out fails at.

They're not hiding it or anything. I think the key point is that marketing is budgeted and it has to be all planned out. It's easy to show some realtime gameplay footage at a private show, or cut new trailers for game show events. But once you officially put something online, especially big titles like S-E ones, you'll have to start rolling out marketing support and coverage regularly or risk losing the momentum and effectively just wasting your money putting the trailers up in the first place. An official site opening, a magazine preview, a direct-feed trailer, etc are milestones indicating that the company is rolling out the marketing campaign in preperation for a game's release.

What is stupid is not that S-E is not putting all the trailers online right now, what's stupid is that they have a shitload of games that won't be out for ages, but they announce them anyway. Nomura actually acknowledged this before, saying it's a mistake to announce stuff too early (in regards to KH2), but I guess when you have long term projects like S-E does, at some point you either announce something and make everyone wait, or you look even worse with no announcements at all. :lol

duckroll said:
What is stupid is not that S-E is not putting all the trailers online right now, what's stupid is that they have a shitload of games that won't be out for ages, but they announce them anyway. Nomura actually acknowledged this before, saying it's a mistake to announce stuff too early (in regards to KH2), but I guess when you have long term projects like S-E does, at some point you either announce something and make everyone wait, or you look even worse with no announcements at all. :lol

I think the fans bear some of the blame for stuff getting announced incredibly early. Almost as soon as one game is out, they are asking where the next one is. Generational transitions only make this worse. Then there's keeping stockholders and investors happy, dangling that payday carrot in front of success. It's the curse of having successful franchises, the constant treadmill of sustaining that.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
duckroll said:

What about the guys like me who can't go? I wanna see, too... I mean, at least throw the rest of us a bone and put 'em up on GameTrailers a couple of weeks later or something...

so i saw a scan for ACC, and i think it says it has multiple language voice tracks on it, so english dub?
i'm buying it either way for the FFXIII demo

-Kh-

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
so i saw a scan for ACC, and i think it says it has multiple language voice tracks on it, so english dub?

Probably it is dubbed (and subbed) on many languages already, as several japanese BD come. But hard to guess which languages will be there.

Could be anything from european languages, to south-east asian languages. But it isn't rare to see a BD movie with this support.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:

Yes. It says that in the PR sheet too.

Zanasea

Kagari said:
Yes. It says that in the PR sheet too.
What does it say, exactly? Only "multiple language tracks" or English?

By the way, anyone know in how many languages AC has been dubbed? I know it has been in Japanese (indeed), English and French, but...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zanasea said:

By the way, anyone know in how many languages AC has been dubbed? I know it has been in Japanese (indeed), English and French, but...

Says 'multiple languages' but doesn't specify.

-Kh-

Banned
Zanasea said:

German and Spanish (dubbed in Spain, not LA).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That VersusXIII interview...

Nomura: This time we can see Noctis and Stella first meeting. This video is subtitled. The graphic are done base on PS3 real time rendering, a different way from doing CG. This goes to show how powerful the PS3 hardware is. This portion of video is split into 2 half and inserted into the trailer.

Does that mean they have the game running on PS3 hardware or just a PC with the same specs?

I'm really irritated we can't properly see the videos until March :(

-Kh-

Banned
Kagari said:
That VersusXIII interview...

Does that mean they have the game running on PS3 hardware or just a PC with the same specs?

PS3 DevKit

ps3_dev_kit_qjpreviewth324.jpg

There are no comercial PCs with Cells, afaik.

StuBurns

Banned
-Kh- said:
Really? Why would he says 'based' on the PS3 when it is a PS3?
The dev kit specs might vary a little, for running dev tools etc. But it is a PS3.

Kagari said:
I hope they do include the latest trailers, but I doubt it. They didn't on the cloud DVD.

-Kh-

Banned
stuburns said:
Really? Why would he says 'based' on the PS3 when it is a PS3?
The dev kit specs might vary a little, for running dev tools etc. But it is a PS3.

Oh ok, it was about the graphics, not about the game as a whole.

Graphics can be done in Studio Max, Maya, etc, made to run with the specs of a PS3, and then linked into the game code in the devkit.

CG movies might have be done in a standalone PC since they are just, you know movies, the real time scenes "should" be running from the devkits.

Unless they never took seriously the whole exclusive approach and just have been doing it all on PC with their Crystal Tools.

However I would be more inclined to believe that they have the CT run in all the devkits, but that we don't know, as I just said, it all comes at when the real multi-platform approach started.

I hope they do include the latest trailers, but I doubt it. They didn't on the cloud DVD.

Even if they don't do it, the should release around the same time, at least these old trailers they keep recycling under closed doors.

StuBurns

Banned
Endless said:
I know they are including trailers, I said the 'latest' trailers. My point being, Kagari wanted to see the real-time Versus footage, and it might not be in the trailer we get in March.

Top Bottom