• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Unveils iOS/Android Line-Up, Including Demon's Score From Epic Games

FFL and DQ:MW! look pretty awesome. Chrono Trigger goes without saying

Does really no one care about these announcements or has it not really gotten out yet?

Man I wish Chrono Trigger was remade like FF Legends. Is DQ Monsters also a remake? Why didn't they just use all that time and resources to remake Chrono Trigger with updated sprites?

Anyway, some cool games! Demon's Score looks pretty cool. Can't wait to find out more about it.

EDIT:

Is Demon's Score being published by SE in the west too? I kind of hope not. I don't want to spend $11.99 for it when Infinity Blade is only $5!

AwShucks

Oh nice, Chaos Rings. One more reason I no longer need an iOS device (since Dead Space just came out on Android recently).

Radogol

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Man I wish Chrono Trigger was remade like FF Legends. Is DQ Monsters also a remake? Why didn't they just use all that time and resources to remake Chrono Trigger with updated sprites?.

FFL is a recent game - chances are, they were making high resolution assets concurrently with low-res graphics. Same goes for Dragon Quest.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Man I wish Chrono Trigger was remade like FF Legends. Is DQ Monsters also a remake? Why didn't they just use all that time and resources to remake Chrono Trigger with updated sprites?
Chrono Trigger has more sprites than probably both FF Legends and DQ Monsters I combined. It was difficult to make even originally in 1992-1995.

FF: Legends! Woo! Hope this means a localization is in order. Would be nice for the non-mobile platforms to get it too.

Hopefully Tactics Ogre: LUCT is not too far off. More people should be playing that.

SmokyDave

Unknown Soldier said:
Fuck yeah, I'm glad Squenix is actually going to support Android.

Fuck ID and Epic. (Rage and Infinity Blade, respectively.)
Steady Neddy! Just because they're not on Android yet, doesn't mean they never will be. Alright, Rage is unlikely but if Epic Tokyo get balls deep in the market then an Infinity Blade port ought to be a foregone conclusion (hardware permitting).

PittaGAF

How is exactly Final Fantasy Legends?
I searched but the only thing I found in English says that is an episodic FF.
Are there dialogues/stories/cutscenes or is it combat only?
Are there cities? Random encounters?

Can't wait for Chrono Trigger but I was really hoping for a Tactics Ogre iOS port too.
Too bad SE isn't a bit more specific about release dates....all titles could be more than year from now.

GodDuckman said:
GOD DAMMIT CLIFFY.

Also, I have my doubts this is coming to Android like the others, as Mark Rein has said Epic has been unable to get UE3 running on all platforms, and he hates the Android Market.

You must have missed the parts where UE3 has been running on Android for ages, and Square Enix is launching their own market for android.

Radogol

PittaGAF said:
How is exactly Final Fantasy Legends?
I searched but the only thing I found in English says that is an episodic FF.
Are there dialogues/stories/cutscenes or is it combat only?
Are there cities? Random encounters?
Yes to all. There's also a job system and NPC team members.

PittaGAF

Thank you.
I wish it didn't have random encounters but...seems nice.
About the Job system I assume something like Final Fantasy Tactics right? (I loved the system).

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Great news for Android owners.

I don't know anything about mobile pricing in Japan, but by having their own market, Square might be able to charge more reasonable prices for high-profile games. I could see managed gaming portals (a la Amazon Market, but for games) allowing producers to differentiate high-quality games from your typical $1 app.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Chrono Trigger? I'm down for that. Demon's Score looks good too. I hope all of this does come to Android. I also wonder what the price oz everything will be.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
maeda said:
How much are these games going to cost?
We don't know yet but here's a list of their current iOS apps, with prices:

ZYgvZ.jpg

SSJ1Goku said:
Can I play these on Vita through PS Suite?

This seems to be its own app and service, but if you have android you can have both the pssuite app and the square enix mobile site app and play all games. Problem solved.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Telosfortelos said:
Great news for Android owners.

I don't know anything about mobile pricing in Japan, but by having their own market, Square might be able to charge more reasonable prices for high-profile games. I could see managed gaming portals (a la Amazon Market, but for games) allowing producers to differentiate high-quality games from your typical $1 app.
It should certainly help with marketing and content featuring at least.

Top Bottom