• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's E3 2012 Lineup

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
How the mighty have fallen :/

Ever since the Spirits Within/Square USA, debacle square hasn't been the same.

Well FF 12 was awesome!

Bladenic

I am really excited about Tomb Raider honestly. But I have to say, I am interested in Final Fantasy Dimension, will probably buy.

SgtCobra

I think it is 100% fake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DMNywn0rCDw

But i think the idea is good. Why not name FF13 Versus FF15 and make it an anniversary title?

Has to be fake, looks like a classroom, and yeah...The cheering and all... a bit exaggerated no? :p
Also, it's not shot with a 2.0 megapixel phone camera? Madness.
Just keep it like it is now, would be a pretty lazy move from SE to rename a game that has been in development for so long as an easy solution to have something for the 15th anniversary.
So I agree with the platypus.

Is this company even relevant anymore?
For some peope it is.. Not for me though :( I only care for the projects from Nomura's part atm.

At the rate they're going, you probably won't even need to ask that question pretty soon. What happened to my precious Squaresoft? (T_T)

They really need to re evaluate themselves. I have have no idea what they're trying to do. Why mess with what has worked for, i don't know, like forever.

Or just fire wada. Better yet, make square and enix separate companies again. It was good when they were competing with each other.

They published the GOTY last year, so yes.

Are you talking about batman? Thats only because they bought eidos.

Are you talking about batman? Thats only because they bought eidos.

Batman: Arkham City was published by Warner Bros. Interactive. And I was referring to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

It being an Eidos game doesn't make my point invalid. They bought relevance the day they bought Eidos.

d1rtn4p

Cannot wait for Sleeping Dogs. I hope SE moves more towards open world games. If they used some of those resources that they waste on new Final Fantasy games to make great open world games, Rockstar and Volition could have some competition .

Cannot wait for Sleeping Dogs. I hope SE moves more towards open world games. If they used some of those resources that they waste on new Final Fantasy games to make great open world games, Rockstar and Volition could have some competition .

Did not realize this was True Crime till a GAFer pointed it out on twitter. square needs to market the shit out of this.

Batman: Arkham City was published by Warner Bros. Interactive. And I was referring to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

It being an Eidos game doesn't make my point invalid. They bought relevance the day they bought Eidos.

Yeah, wrong game.

Either way, i don't agree. Buying eidos doesn't make them any more relevant. They're suppose to be making rpg's and right now they're failing miserably.

They released alot of games on ps1 and ps2. There was always a new rpg announced.

They're not the same anymore, thats my point. I think we all can agree on that.

Did not realize this was True Crime till a GAFer pointed it out on twitter. square needs to market the shit out of this

*vomits*

TriGen

That room looks like a theater in Los Angeles on Vine where I saw a private Assassin's Creed asset video showcase. If it's fake, it's a pretty compelling detail. There are often pre-screenings of video-game events in that room.

Really? I just don't see them launching another FF game in 2012. Maybe a spin-off type FF game like Crystal Chronicles for the Wii U or something, but to actually have that game ready for the anniversary doesn't sound right.

I dunno. I remember thinking Final Fantasy Dimensions looked pretty neat when it was in Japan (if it's the same game I'm thinking of). I'll probably pick it up when I finally get a smartphone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, wrong game.

Either way, i don't agree. Buying eidos doesn't make them any more relevant. They're suppose to be making rpg's and right now they're failing miserably.

They released alot of games on ps1 and ps2. There was always a new rpg announced.

*vomits*

Says who? *vomits*

Faithless

Really? I just don't see them launching another FF game in 2012. Maybe a spin-off type FF game like Crystal Chronicles for the Wii U or something, but to actually have that game ready for the anniversary doesn't sound right.

Maybe "25th Anniversary" should be read more like "Launch Window."

Yeah, wrong game.

They adapted the only way they could, I think. Anyway, I don't think we're on the same page. As a publisher, they are certainly relevant. But I think you're thinking about the developer. In which case, they certainly have fallen.

But as neither developer nor publisher, they're not supposed to release RPGs. They can do whatever they want, and should. Square's too big to limit itself to RPGs, that's Atlus' job.

TriGen

Maybe "25th Anniversary" should be read more like "Launch Window."

I feel like the Japanese rep in that video says 2012, but it's hard to understand. Either way 2013 even sounds soon, we'll see I guess it would be a pretty well done surprise announcement, just like if it's fake it's a well done fake.

bumpkin

Huh, so more Final Fantasy on iOS... They'll probably be equally as deranged on their pricing of that as they are the rest of their games on the App Store.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't care. They announced Final Fantasy Legends. That was really all I wanted out of them this year.
Same here, that is the only SE game I've been looking forward to for the longest time.

I want to buy a really cheap, old iPod Touch or something because of that game alone, but I can't justify putting the money down for it at the moment, since that'd be the only thing I'd be interested in for it. Someday. Someday!

Even in text they put the stupid caps and ® symbols.

"Good morning everyone, I'm here to introduce to you FINAL FANTASY® DIMENSIONS™ from the FINAL FANTASY® creators of the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® X and FINAL FANTASY® XIII".

Yeah I just made that up.
But it's a plausible scenario!

I bet if they wanted to, they'd try to find a way to voice the ® symbols during speeches. Just the way Lord Imperial Hot Wada-sama had always intended.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The video is fake for a number of reasons... most obvious being the logos. SE doesn't present them like that.

Also, that's just the 2011 trailer we saw back at the PD1 Premiere.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Most of these certainly look better than a bunch of jrpgs, even if I did like some of them back then.

Except Hitman which is terrible now.

noctiswhatever.gif

legacyzero

Banned
I hope the fact that Versus XIII is not on that list, that they just changed the name to Final Fantasy 15 and are actually going to show it.

Best list they've had on paper since their PS1 days.

It's just none of it is actually from SE and that's making people bitter.

Dont get me started.

Top Bottom