• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Well, today was a nice haul, made 100 Million in just a few hours. :D

ibes0xcNT5XqNj.jpg

Ugh, hate race it. Why do the double xps have to be race its this weekend?

i use them to level up characters, if you keep restarting, as long are you get to the bottom you double your XP earning until you're making 200k a run. 200k for less than 2 minutes of SSX is a good ratio for leveling up.

soultron

Banned
I'm going to be extremely cocky here and say I'm going to be sitting atop the leaderboard of The Hammer within the next 15 minutes. I just pinged level 11 with Alexis. IMC HADES is only warming the throne up for me right now.

I'm going to be extremely cocky here and say I'm going to be sitting atop the leaderboard of The Hammer within the next 15 minutes. I just pinged level 11 with Alexis. IMC HADES is only warming the throne up for me right now.

ahaha, you can try bro, ill be on ya (or at least I'll try)

soultron

Banned
ahaha, you can try bro, ill be on ya (or at least I'll try)

I've worked his lead from 4s to <2s. If nothing changes (STAY AWAY, MERQ SAVANTS!) either of us could take this, SHREDDING BRO.

1:24.29 c:

I liek 2 raec, broski.

Still 3 hours left, but for now, I am top of the platinum pack.

EDIT: Damn, beaten by 2 seconds, and now by 4 seconds! I had fun watching people follow my ghost for a bit, however! I see CL is on the run now too, which is awesome.

Got a fresh cup of coffee. Time to crack Tokyo Complex's route!

I've worked his lead from 4s to <2s. If nothing changes (STAY AWAY, MERQ SAVANTS!) either of us could take this, SHREDDING BRO.

1:24.29 c:

I liek 2 raec, broski.

Still 3 hours left, but for now, I am top of the platinum pack.

EDIT: Damn, beaten by 2 seconds, and now by 4 seconds! I had fun watching people follow my ghost for a bit, however! I see CL is on the run now too, which is awesome.

Got a fresh cup of coffee. Time to crack Tokyo Complex's route!

Son I ain't got the slightest clue how to optimized that run down to 24, im stuck at 1:28.59 (with a LVL10Ty@ LVL9board, LVL11 boost/speed)

props

soultron

Banned
Man, what a rush. He ended up taking it. His was 1.20:59.

Got 1:23.33 in the end. I usually could lead him for nearly the entire race but the slalom section in the end always got the best of me. Once we got off the chairlift cable, if I didn't dismount with grace, he'd tear away. Super, super clean run on his part -- nearly untouchable. Bravo, Tokyo Complex, you sly dog, you.

I still love this game so much. I took a bit of a break to play Dark Souls but I feel like I'm right back in the saddle now. Dark Souls definitely gives you a sense of satisfaction like no other, but I'd say SSX does the same in its own right. Trying to beat someone's time -- while another timer is ticking down -- is an amazing experience. (I say this as a race player; I'm unsure how trick players feel.)

The strategy required behind gearing is really fun in this game. I was left with a drought of cash because I've not played in a while, so I couldn't really afford to buy any LV11 mods. To counter this, I went into Explore and did some quick Race It runs to get 40-75K a pop. Every time I had nearly ~700K, I'd back out and purchase 3 speed/rocket mods (~140-250K each, IIRC, depending on rares or epics) and gear up. The one thing I was missing, however, was ice picks to gain traction on some of the patches that'd easily throw you off course. I got close enough to Tokyo Complex's ghost to realize he was using ice picks (the auto optimization in the store never tacked these on!) so I copied his strategy and was able to get nearly an entire second off my time! Just a really neat experience, all in all.

MMaRsu

Banned
Sorry to break this to you but I saw somebody set 1:18 on the hammer GE yesterday on Ps3. I didnt know exactly what his line was but I was like wtf.

What restart trick exactly?

Go to a global event today, use the one that has double XP and then just go to the bottom and restart, pretty soon youll be getting 200xp per run.

I guess that one. Do I have to pay for each character or is there a way to change characters?

Thanks btw!

JaseMath

I have made it a goal of mine to take down MMaRsu's score on Big Wachowski, or at least keep the 2nd place spot uncomfortable. Got within 9.5 million - would have been much, much closer had I not been playing it safe in the snowpark at the end. Maybe would have beaten it if I knew a much more tricky way around the tree portion. I'll get there...

Minamu

Seems like you'll only get 200k if you reach diamond though. Gold gives me 120k and platinum 160k. And reaching diamond is really hard :(

MMaRsu

Banned
I have made it a goal of mine to take down MMaRsu's score on Big Wachowski, or at least keep the 2nd place spot uncomfortable. Got within 9.5 million - would have been much, much closer had I not been playing it safe in the snowpark at the end. Maybe would have beaten it if I knew a much more tricky way around the tree portion. I'll get there...

Hehe you'll get there bro.....maybe

I had to work really hard to pull that 109 mil score off.. I was so sad I didnt beat that 114 mil score that Psychedelic667 or whatever posted :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Started playing this over the weekend for the first time in two months and am loving it all over again. It only took a few minutes for the muscle memory to kick in RE: the controls, but I'm still not very good, ha. Oh, and when I went to global events and saw almost all of the the peaks empty, I became very concerned that the online community had already died, but then I found out about how they're being scheduled now — phew.

Mt. Eddie looks cool, but this game has so much content that I can't really justify buying it, regardless of how cheap it is. This game was the total package from day one if you ask me.

MMaRsu

Banned
Started playing this over the weekend for the first time in two months and am loving it all over again. It only took a few minutes for the muscle memory to kick in RE: the controls, but I'm still not very good, ha. Oh, and when I went to global events and saw almost all of the the peaks empty, I became very concerned that the online community had already died, but then I found out about how they're being scheduled now — phew.

Mt. Eddie looks cool, but this game has so much content that I can't really justify buying it, regardless of how cheap it is. This game was the total package from day one if you ask me.

Mt Eddie is such a fun addition though, much like Serenity one of the best tracks in the game imo. I would recommend buying it especially if you're in love with this game again. A lot of tracks actually really suck.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mt Eddie is such a fun addition though, much like Serenity one of the best tracks in the game imo. I would recommend buying it especially if you're in love with this game again. A lot of tracks actually really suck.
I might consider it eventually, but I just have so many games to play right now (with Max Payne 3 coming in the mail today) that I shouldn't be adding even more new stuff; I can't keep up!

Question: do you all prefer front or back flips (with spins of course)? I had done back flips almost exclusively in the past, but have started mixing in front flips/spins and it seems like I get more rotation. Is there really even a difference?

soultron

Banned
I might consider it eventually, but I just have so many games to play right now (with Max Payne 3 coming in the mail today) that I shouldn't be adding even more new stuff; I can't keep up!

Question: do you all prefer front or back flips (with spins of course)? I had done back flips almost exclusively in the past, but have started mixing in front flips/spins and it seems like I get more rotation. Is there really even a difference?

I always do front flips because I'm always leaning forward. I find to do a backflip slows you down.

When I'm free riding and carving about, I throw in a stylish backflip in there for good measure though. :p

Hale-XF11

Finally got Mt. Eddie. Looooooove all the fireworks. My first trick run (w/retro Eddie) down The Big Wachowski was nearly 8 minutes long. Feels good.

Finally got Mt. Eddie. Looooooove all the fireworks. My first trick run (w/retro Eddie) down The Big Wachowski was nearly 8 minutes long. Feels good.

I once had fireworks go off inside the mountainside. I give the DLC 0/10, the developers clearly don't care about the fans if they let things like that happen.

Just kidding. But I actually haven't played the game that much lately, got some other games to finish and so on. I still pop it in from time to time though, but I would've really liked a freeride mode and it's a damn shame they had to cut it.

soultron

Banned
I once had fireworks go off inside the mountainside. I give the DLC 0/10, the developers clearly don't care about the fans if they let things like that happen.

Just kidding. But I actually haven't played the game that much lately, got some other games to finish and so on. I still pop it in from time to time though, but I would've really liked a freeride mode and it's a damn shame they had to cut it.

My freeride recipe is as follows:

Turn everything in the audio down except for SFX and rider chatter. Sometimes I leave the music on very low.

Go to your favourite runs. Carve like a mad man and only jump when it's going to be stylish. Do a barrel roll here and there, throw in a really clean backflip, pull some simple grabs, etc.

Try it out sometime when you have ten minutes to spare. It's pretty fun, I think!

Hale-XF11

I want my money back.

Damn, you guys and your insane trick scores. I've gotta step up my game. My old man hands can't keep up apparently. Tendinitis is a bitch.

My freeride recipe is as follows:

Turn everything in the audio down except for SFX and rider chatter. Sometimes I leave the music on very low.

Go to your favourite runs. Carve like a mad man and only jump when it's going to be stylish. Do a barrel roll here and there, throw in a really clean backflip, pull some simple grabs, etc.

Try it out sometime when you have ten minutes to spare. It's pretty fun, I think!

I usually just let the other riders pass me and go about my business in my own pace. But the ever present scoreboard makes me want to beat scores. Plus the tracks are over so fast thanks to the increased speed. What I usually do is start an easy Survive it run (like Code Blue) and put on a rewind suit. You can easy go up to ten minutes, no other riders in sight and the track just keeps restarting.

I want my money back.

Damn, you guys and your insane trick scores. I've gotta step up my game. My old man hands can't keep up apparently. Tendinitis is a bitch.

Some of your race times and MMaRsu's trick scores are on the verge of incredible to me when I first see them. I remember the first time I played Bear Claw race it and didn't realize you could wingsuit the track. Your time was so surreal.

Hale-XF11

Some of your race times and MMaRsu's trick scores are on the verge of incredible to me when I first see them. I remember the first time I played Bear Claw race it and didn't realize you could wingsuit the track. Your time was so surreal.

I can do better on Bear Claw actually. Found a new line the other day that I think is gonna shave my time down by 2 or 3 seconds if I can get the right mods put together. Plus I have yet to race my level 11 Elise on that track. *fingers crossed*

soultron

Banned
I usually just let the other riders pass me and go about my business in my own pace. But the ever present scoreboard makes me want to beat scores. Plus the tracks are over so fast thanks to the increased speed. What I usually do is start an easy Survive it run (like Code Blue) and put on a rewind suit. You can easy go up to ten minutes, no other riders in sight and the track just keeps restarting.

Absolutely. I never boost when I'm doing free ride stuff, which slows things down nicely. Great for hunting the snowflakes!

soultron

Banned
Batty just hit me with some info regarding the King of the Mountain events this weekend!

Feast your eyes, SHREDDING BROS.;

Todd Batty said:
We will have running a different race and trick event Fri-Sat-Sun this weekend with a winner-take-all style leaderboard and credit payout.

And to give as many people as possible a chance to win one, the events will all be shorter than 10 mins. In most cases they will be just long enough to allow for 1 or 2 restarts if you mess up, assuming you jump in right at the start.

The shortest event is 5 minutes, the longest is 8.

The minimum buy-in is 2,000,000, the highest is 8,000,000. [Cuban Legend, Tokubetsu, and all other VIP HIGH ROLLER SHREDDING BROS. take note! -- soultron]

I am not going to reveal what drops the events are on, but there will be 2 banners in the main menu pointing you to each event on all 3 days.

Have fun.

Pretty stoked. I love the new weekend-centric GE stuff! I'll be on this weekend if people want to compare race times. :p

I really wish global events would go back to all peaks. I don't like being so constrained and I just end up not bothering.

They are all peaks again but with a feature peak to draw attention. A lot of fun racing with a lot of people on the screen but also fun to compete in whatever drop you want.

MMaRsu

Banned
Batty just hit me with some info regarding the King of the Mountain events this weekend!

Feast your eyes, SHREDDING BROS.;

Pretty stoked. I love the new weekend-centric GE stuff! I'll be on this weekend if people want to compare race times. :p

Damn I missed this :(

What's next weekend?

Minamu

I'm ready to give up, I think :( Goddamn Alps and Mount Eddie! Two tracks away from all medals and maybe 5 from all gold. I think it's Patagonia that is killing me at the moment.

Top Bottom