• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

SadAli

Neo Member
Yeah, this is my reaction as well. When I'm playing SSX my wife understands she can talk at me as long as she doesn't expect me to engage in any actual conversation ;p

So I don't see myself using this all that much

LOL yeah my gf knows that all she'll get is a couple of non committal grunts during the run followed by either:

a) A declaration of my own brilliance with a self satisfied look for acknowledgement.
b) Copious swearing followed by an accusatory look that her presence was somehow responsible.

Still, I like the idea of interrupting other people's runs, especially if they're chasing my totals.

red731

I wanna be home baby, I wanna hit the slopes baby
I wanna have all the best boards, all the best mods yeah baby, sweeter than candy
tu du dudududu du

reignition for lvl11

edit: Back home - patch for EU is 1.01 and is 33MB small

SadAli

Neo Member
edit: Back home - patch for EU is 1.01 and is 33MB small

Thanks, with my current download speed I was already planning a 24 hour period when I could grab the BF3 patches so was having sweats about when I could fit in any large SSX patch as well without losing the whole week to updates. Thank god for finally switching to BT Infinity from next month.

red731

No problemo friend :)

Also just tested the RiderNet radio with MMaRsu succesfully.

You create group, people join and can hear each other - everywhere it seems!

What exactly did they change about classic controls?

The speed. It wasnt on par with the flip and rotation speed with standard controlls.
Like, with standard, you did more tricks than with classic over same period of time.

JaseMath

Serenity World Tour Geotag hunting makes leveling up super easy! :D

zipoPl.jpg

I'm going to quote my own post for people wanting an easier way to get XP. Go into World Tour and geotag hunt on Serenity. You can get an easy 200,000+ XP. For whatever reason, the World Tour courses seem to be littered with geotags - especially Serenity.

MMaRsu

Banned
Did the patch fix the dead zones in the controls for PS3?

Yes, but I had a hard time adjusting to it. I used to use a nose press to adjust my line while holding nose press for boost. I would let go of it, adjust my line and do a nose press again. Something feels off.

JaseMath

Yes, but I had a hard time adjusting to it. I used to use a nose press to adjust my line while holding nose press for boost. I would let go of it, adjust my line and do a nose press again. Something feels off.

I never thought about doing that to compensate for the dead zones... hopefully I'll adapt to it pretty easily.

Tawpgun

There's one drop in the Himilayas that has the most vertical drops I've ever seen. Like it feels like you're racing straight down. That is definitely my favorite track.

I'm going to quote my own post for people wanting an easier way to get XP. Go into World Tour and geotag hunt on Serenity. You can get an easy 200,000+ XP. For whatever reason, the World Tour courses seem to be littered with geotags - especially Serenity.

Tried it out, saw like 2 geotags, meh. Went hunting on Broken Pass instead, since it's the lower region of two other runs it usually have a lot of geotags. And now with the 50k global events it has been like paradise. But it was emptier then I thought. Still got over 200 000 though. Leveling up is gonna be a pain.

Zanosuke

I got to lvl 11 by replaying The Dilemma Race It for less than an hour. Each race took only a minute and got between 50-100k exp each time, depending on a new personal best or not.

I have ps plus and my system is set to automatically patch games overnight, I received a message this morning that there was some error with the installation of the patch and now I have no idea how to reinstall the patch. So I don't have the new option to level up to 11. Any advice helping me install this patch would really be appreciated. Thanks.

edit - nevermind, it works now for some reason :)

Minamu

i think that you should just use wingsuit to get to a higher place and then spin down into fog

it should register the spin
Good idea, will try it later :)

It seems the big 50k people events are over. But where are my medals for being part of them? :( I got the money for them, but the medal didn't pop up. Didn't have time to start a race if that matters.

Edit: rofl, so it seems you have to join the race AFTER it reaches 50k :lol That's just stupid xD Good start of the day!

red731

It seems the big 50k people events are over. But where are my medals for being part of them? :( I got the money for them, but the medal didn't pop up. Didn't have time to start a race if that matters.

Edit: rofl, so it seems you have to join the race AFTER it reaches 50k :lol That's just stupid xD Good start of the day!

Was just going to tell you that but then edit :D

yeah, it is necessary to join it after 50k ppl are there - not before and hoping for medal

shit, i would like to break things or be on snowboard IRL
:lol, when im at the skatepark and hit the bang, I try to fly like in the game - first try was not so awesome.
right, knees and elbows? derp
still drunk

red731

tricky TRICKY tricky TRICKY

ITS VERY VERY VERY VERY COMPLICATED

they say im overrated my name is run im number one its very complicated

WUB WUB WUB

Minamu

Was just going to tell you that but then edit :D

yeah, it is necessary to join it after 50k ppl are there - not before and hoping for medal

shit, i would like to break things or be on snowboard IRL
:lol, when im at the skatepark and hit the bang, I try to fly like in the game - first try was not so awesome.
right, knees and elbows? derp
still drunk
I feel like raging but I just can't be bothered anymore, it's just so incredibly silly.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

If this is true... wow. Thats really stupid.

I don't even care about that badge any more....

Minamu

If this is true... wow. Thats really stupid.

I don't even care about that badge any more....

That's what I read on ps3trophies.org at least. That is, you have to rejoin and race it again after it reached the 50k goal. I wonder how many of those 100k+ who tried to get it knew that...

Minamu

lol, they can go fuck themselves if that's the way how it works
I ain't even mad
I know, right? I'm trying to cut down on the trophy/achievement drugs, but this is just too much ;)

I only knew because I happened to read it on this forum the day before it expired. Wasn't clear at all otherwise.
Are there any new super events going on? Didn't see anything bigger than 3500 on an entire range earlier today but didn't check how long the events last.

Dazzyman

I started playing this yesterday. Got it for birthday beginning of March but been I hospital again with heart trouble.

Absolutely love it :). Didn't start clicking till tonight but I still managed to get my best score with is it Eddie at level 1 with 7 mill on the Alaska trick event. Ive just ended up unlocking all 10 and getting b them up to level 5. I don't think my wife (were newly weds 6 months been together 16months) was too chuffed when I got ratty when she walked into the room and I gave that glare of u just cost me my score pmsl.

Last two nights I've stopped up it 5am now and last night 7am. First time I've felt relaxed on two weeks tho :). Very deep game but when it clicks its a corker. I've gone from KOA 117hrs to this apart from two week gaming break hehe.

Anyone wants to add me in Uk Dazzyman 360. Don't have it on PS3 but got bought a Vita and picked up NG3 also so that's Dazzy_man

Enjoy your night peeps x

SadAli

Neo Member
Turned on SSX last night and got the prompt for the patch which then, instead of downloading, restarted my PS3. Worked fine the second time and can see Ridernet Radio so it's obviously installed ok.

The strange thing is that, especially as it's a server side update rather than in the patch, I can't see any information or an option to pay for level 11 on the character select screen. Anyone else having this problem or am I just being stupid and looking in the wrong place?

red731

Turned on SSX last night and got the prompt for the patch which then, instead of downloading, restarted my PS3. Worked fine the second time and can see Ridernet Radio so it's obviously installed ok.

The strange thing is that, especially as it's a server side update rather than in the patch, I can't see any information or an option to pay for level 11 on the character select screen. Anyone else having this problem or am I just being stupid and looking in the wrong place?

When you are at level 10 char, you should see how much it costs and +mod+geotag.
Dunno what could that be..

SadAli

Neo Member
When you are at level 10 char, you should see how much it costs and +mod+geotag.
Dunno what could that be..

Thanks again, that's what I thought I should see so glad I'm not being thick. I only played it briefly last night so didn't do the logical thing of quitting out and starting it again so hopefully it'll appear as expected next time I load it up.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

At least the 360 did not require you to enter after the 50k limit was hit, have friends who entered in the first few days around 5-6k who got bandwagon from it.

Minamu

At least the 360 did not require you to enter after the 50k limit was hit, have friends who entered in the first few days around 5-6k who got bandwagon from it.
Weird. I haven't tried any other events or races of any kind since I noticed this because I've been too busy but maybe it'll unlock later on.

red731

Now when we have ridernet radio on ps3, it would be great to have reverse camera angle on normal slopes.

You could have group of friends playing, one does something and then waits for others while talking to them down on the slope + reverse angle and voila new game :D

soultron

Banned
School and work have been absolutely killing me lately. I want to play sooooo badly. The withdrawal has been bad so far. I keep hearing "IT'S TRICKAY" anytime I do something awesome in real life. (Which is, like, all the time.)

Tokubetsu

School and work have been absolutely killing me lately. I want to play sooooo badly. The withdrawal has been bad so far. I keep hearing "IT'S TRICKAY" anytime I do something in real life. (Which is, like, all the time.)

Turn that shit off, it's under audio options.

Turn that shit off, it's under audio options.

You know, I'd be playing more but I entered 6 HIGH-ROLLER GE's Monday Morning then turned my xbox off, came back online that night to better the Gold scores in the HIGH ROLLER GE's i entered and all my GE's were deleted locally, AGAIN.

WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THIS AND WHY ISN'T IT FIXED YET. I'm done playing until next Monday after I'm sure all the GE's entered are done. What a fucking shame it is to be 'kicked out' of improving all the hard work I do, continually.

I can't describe with words how much this absolutely disappoints me and how futile it makes me feel. Entering GE's and perfecting my scores to the point of RAGING, without turning my 360 off = just to make sure I have my best time in-case they are deleted (which they always eventually are). I feel so helpless and I'm very disappointed, moreso each time, It's wearing away at my fun, excitement and replay-ability of the game. Not even adding features into the game can make up for the shitty aftertaste of constant Local De-synchronization of my hard-earned scores.

Hear this, SSX Devs: Constant short term issues will lead to my long-term exodus from even bothering to play this game indefinitely. My avatar should accurately express how I feel as I'm typing this.

Top Bottom