• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stag Arms’ Federal Firearms License Revoked

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Searched, and didn't see a thread about this. Please lock if old)

I hope this puts other firearm manufacturers on notice to not do shit like this....

Connecticut gun manufacturer Stag plead guilty today to violating federal law, including the loss of 200 firearms from its record books, and the possession of 62 machine guns or receivers for machine guns not registered to the company. In the plea agreement that to the revocation of the company’s Federal Firearms License, owner Mark Malkowski agreed to sell Stag and never own another gun company again.

The federal government began its investigation of Stag in July 2014, after a routine Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms inspection turned up a variety of recording keeping violations, missing firearms and unregistered firearms, the government said.

Back in May, Stag was raided by the BATFE and over 100 unmarked lower receivers were seized. The receivers were part of a batch that was not serialized within the requisite time. The BATFE also seized several computers during the raid, which likely helped lead to the plea deal reached today. The information found on those computers would have made clear discrepancies in Stag’s records to ATF auditors.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Feds-CT-gun-company-didn-t-register-machine-6715350.php

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/22/breaking-stag-arms-federal-firearms-license-revoked/

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
As a gun owner this makes me very happy. Lack of responsibility should be prosecuted.

Culex

Banned
Huge batches of un-stamped lower receivers....yikes. No wonder they will either be sold or go bankrupt. Well, if anything this will help Colt and Sturm do better.

Javaman

Huge batches of un-stamped lower receivers....yikes. No wonder they will either be sold or go bankrupt. Well, if anything this will help Colt and Sturm do better.

What's crazy is that those are the only tracked part of the entire rifle. Once you have a lower, everything else can be bought anywhere else without background checks.

I wonder if they were 80% lowers

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Damn Stag. They make some of the best AR's out there. I was so close to buying an AR-15 from them a few month ago. That sucks now many Americans are out of jobs.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.

Colt ain't dong to well either. Once the army gave the rights to FN for the M4/M16, they were in trouble. They cried like little girls and so they said both FN and Colt has to share the rights.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
No jail time? No felonies for the executives?

My mother worked for a doctor who is one of the most respected mental health experts in the country. He had very shoddy record keeping practices in the past, and it landed him in jail for 3 years with a felony conviction.

You are manufacturing and distributing weapons within my country, you need to keep records of what you're doing.

SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom