• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS4) |OT| Wait, whaaaaat? You're kidding, right...

KyleCross

$20?! Fucking ouch, that's too much for a Classic release. I loved SO3... Until disc 2. I like to pretend disc 2 doesn't exist.

Fisty

Going through the list of Battle Trophies right now, trying to decide which 60 I'm going to ignore... This is going to be a pain in the ass lol

ChrisD

I remember people berating the latest Star Ocean for having freaky faces and eyes. Looking at the pics in the OP, I don't know what people were expecting from the series, lol!

SO has always sounded interesting to me, but I'll be passing it up for now. Especially with that price tag.

Ricker

''Seriously, some current members were in Pampers when this game released*''

This made me laugh...didnt play it back then and I know the ''thing'' now so I might grab it when its a little cheaper during a dry spell(like July/August).

Cornbread78

Are they giving the US version japanese voices as an option or anything cool like that?
What ever happened to that SO2 ps4 port?

Let's not talk about the free SO5 pre order bonus not making it to NA.....

''Seriously, some current members were in Pampers when this game released*''
This made me laugh...didnt play it back then and I know the ''thing'' now so I might grab it when its a little cheaper during a dry spell(like July/August).

Felt really old typing it...

Primus

Do we know if this version keeps the hilariously bowdlerized English names for some of the final bosses?

Talking about like
Azazel becoming Azazer, Lucifer being Luther
, etc.

oSoLucky

$21 to beat my head against
Freya
again? Wtf. Why they're charging that much for such a niche title is beyond me. Absolutely in once it goes on sale. It still has my favorite JRPG action battle system, Tales of Graces a close 2nd. This game was tied with FF10 for my favorite PS2 RPG.

Also, I didn't remember Nel's skirt being so short. I was over 20 when it came out so it wasn't kid me ignoring it. Most sexualized costumes don't bother me(not even the witch in 5) but for some reason I can get over how bad it looks.

Parfait

$20?! Fucking ouch, that's too much for a Classic release. I loved SO3... Until disc 2. I like to pretend disc 2 doesn't exist.

Weak

I loved all of Star Ocean 3 unconditionally.. I can't wait to grab this and play it again once I own a ps4. Does it have dual-audio?

Eylos

Banned
I wonder if i get this game, i readed the ending and its very bad, the rest of the game is good? For comparison, Im finding difficult to finish rogue galaxy, is so3 better than rogue? ( loved so1 and so2 btw)

FinalAres

Is anyone able to confirm if this is actually a "ps2 classic" after all? As in does it load up with the PlayStation 2 banner?

Will grab this at some point as I'm a sucker for space adventures and have heard SO3 is a high point is the series (I started at 4 and enjoyed it a lot despite it's issues).

One thing I'm concerned with is the voice acting. Does this include Japanese dub or is it just in English? If so is the English serviceable? Because I got Rogue Galaxy and honestly the atrocious voice acting actually destroyed the game for me.

SO3 in an image

4ueeSw1.png

Ahhhh, memories.

Ryne

Loved breaking the game early but ending up fucking up at the bonus stuff.

Wasted too many hours as a teen playing this game, absolutely loved it

Will buy again

Ravage

Going through the list of Battle Trophies right now, trying to decide which 60 I'm going to ignore... This is going to be a pain in the ass lol

Haha that's what I'm doing too. I'm actually relieved they didn't mandate 100% completion.

Swiggins

One of the first JRPG's I played to completion....looking back it wasn't amazing...but it might be good to pick it up for a little dose of nostalgia.

Nel's Flying Guillotine was a fun attack to spam.

If I found SO4 terribly written and designed garbage that tortured my completist tendencies for a period of several years (just the funeral bouquets alone provided hours of "fun",) should I listen to my brain (RUN AWAY!!) or my heart (Scifi RPG! Scifi RPG!) on this one?

Fisty

I guess it is a but pricier than we are used to. I might bite on it.

I agree the price is too high, but Square has got us by the balls with their neglected PS2 catalog lol. I'm buying at $21 just because I want the games available again, regardless of price

Theres a trophy to get all the battle trophies isn't there?
Beat 4D Freya solo with AAA lmao

Nope only 240/300 required for the platinum. I doubt many people will be getting those 4D battle trophies lol

Ultratech

SO3 in an image

4ueeSw1.png

*TRIGGERED*

Goddamn did that game bring out the OCD in me.

SPHERE OF MIGHT
SPHERE OF MIGHT
SPHERE OF MIGHT
SPHERE OF MIGHT
SPHERE OF MIGHT
SPHERE OF MIGHT

SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK
SIDE KICK

Alternatively:

AIMING DEVICE (or MAGNETIC FIELD)
ENERGY BURST
*holds*

I loved playing Maria just to spam Energy Burst on enemies.
(Of course, if you can master AAA, you can pull off some crazy stuff.)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
£16.99 on the UK store..
Might wait for a sale.

Fantastic title OP. I remember loving this game gameplay wise, but got irritated
when I was still on medieval world 70% into the game and I rented it thinking it was an RPG mostly set in space
. Will pick it up on a sale sometime to see if it holds up.

mhayes86

I loved SO3, but I don't think there is any way I could spare the time to make it past
Freya
again.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I loved SO3, but I don't think there is any way I could spare the time to make it past
Freya
again.

Optional content discussion: Yea, that involved a
200 floor bonus dungeon IIRC?
Kind of recall spending an insane amount of time going through it even with some floor warps

itschris

Game is up on US PSN

Downloading now!!!!

Yeah, same here, I just bought it from the Canadian PSN. The total size is 8.46 GB, and the data required to start (the first "disc") is 4.276 GB.

Oh, and the Canadian price is $27.99. A little much, but I had to get it anyway.

Top Bottom