• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Special Edition PS4 Console Announced

mp1990

Banned
Lol, this thread is amazing. It's one post of everything looks great followed by this looks terrible followed by the console looks terrible but the controller looks great followed by the controller looks terrible. Pretty entertaining.

7GUl8Ml.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to sell truck loads, and with the movie? Sony must be eager for those NPD results!

I don't think I like either of these. The console is too on the nose and tacky looking and the controller doesn't flow well at all. I wish Sony would take the MS approach to special edition consoles, they do a much better job of making them look stylish.

As a fan of Star Wars, this is definitely Star Wars. You can tell it's Star Wars because Star Wars. It also has a picture of Darth Vader, from Star Wars. Star Wars sure is Star Wars, right guys? Us Star Wars fans.

Metalmarc

I'm hoping the games are available seperate

Wouldve been killer if it was a 1tb console and if they secured KOTOR as well for it.

Why do i have a feeling Xbox may do that instead?

95% of them are hideous. They've always been this way. For the people that collect these, the more garish the better.

Especially when the default black looks pretty slick and elegant. For both consoles really. Black or white looks really good but for these limited editions ones they just go crazy. There are much better, classier ways to evoke star wars than pasting a darth vader pic and putting a thousand Star Warses on the console.

Can someone please photoshop the PS4 strip to be a lightsaber?

I feel like you can paste a forward facing body/face on the PS4 to make it look like they are holding up a lightsaber.

Wil348

The console looks beautiful, I really want one but I have a PS4. The controller is a hot mess though, they should have just done a black controller with red highlights.

border

The console looks pretty terrible. The artwork should not be split by the LED line like that -- pick a side and go with it.

The repeated Star Wars logo all over the console is just a terrible "WTF?" choice. Plastering "Star Wars" all over the touch pad is even more ridiculous.

It reminds me of how the Warner Brothers and the BBC feel this awful compulsion to put the Dr. Who/Harry Potter logo on every single piece of merchandise they produce because a lot of their designs are so generic can't really be copyrighted.

Interesting move to sell the special console with Disney Infintity 3.0 too. Pretty much implies that the whole Star Wars marketing deal with Sony was from the Disney side. Who knows, EA may have nothing to do with it, which is kinda funny to me.

Now I guess we have to wait for the PS4 Black Ops III Special Edition and be prepared for an epic november NPD.

Top Bottom