• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Special Edition PS4 Console Announced

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if the light was red it would have been fantastic

That's disappointing actually. They could have been inventive but instead just plopped Darth Vadar on it and said "that'll don't".

It's not bad by any means but underwhelming and unspectacular. Not exactly a must have in any way when I'm sure you get a decal that would do the same job. And not even a 1TB either. All feels a bit half hearted and Sony just bent over and took it.

Kane1345

The console looks OK here

CMjWBzoUYAAi-7C.jpg

but the controller looks horrid

Adam looks great!

RibMan

The console looks sleek. The controller looks 'weird' because of the multiple colors -- it's aesthetically displeasing but true to the fiction.

It's definitely a step up from use putting stickers on the hard drive cover.

They need to stop putting tacky embroidery on the touch pads though, seriously.

Will it be 349$ though? Probably not, what with the included 4 "classics".

Maybe if standard bundles drop to 299$, or only on Black Friday.

Good lord the reactions in here are over the top. I didn't even think much of it either way but going by the reactions in here you'd think Sony personally insulted you.

The console looks awesome, I like it... But what is the box art for the console going to look like? An eye-catching box covered with Star Wars art could move a few consoles by itself...

Could make a wonderful display under the Christmas tree....

Well they made sure that they are going to sell a lot of Disney Infinity. Once the Battlefront bundle is sold out people are going to buy the Infinity bundle to get the console.

the controller looks like a bootleg controller that was pieced together using spare parts from other controllers. The 4th controller that nobody wants to use when you are playing couch multiplayer with friends.

Lets be real here though folks

This thing is going to sell an epic fuck ton if they produce enough of them.

Sony better not hold back. Produce the shit out of these and we are talking record Holiday sales numbers

CMjUqS9U8AAR-Vs.jpg

every promotional shot of the PS4 has the blue light but that's only during boot up. it'll be white during normal operation and red if it overheats.

border

How many special edition PS4 systems are going to be on the market this Christmas?

Destiny.....Star Wars....Call of Duty.....MGSV?

firelogic

why is C3-P0s arm red?
why are half the tie fighter cockpits red?

Its red for a reason, something we wont know until movie is out

The colours mimic the layout of Vader's chest computer thingy according to Adam Boyes.

Edit: Sorry, it was Sid Shuman that said it.
+ Sid Shuman on August 16th, 2015 at 12:47 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback! The DualShock 4 colors align with Vader’s chest computer :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/#comment-1105857

Elios83

Lets be real here though folks

This thing is going to sell an epic fuck ton if they produce enough of them.

Sony vetter not hold back. Produce the shit out of these and we are talking record Holiday sales numbers

Indeed, this and the yet unannounced COD bundles will do amazingly well in Nov+Dec.
Especially if they announce a price cut on top of it in late October.

why is C3-P0s arm red?
why are half the tie fighter cockpits red?

Its red for a reason, something we wont know until movie is out

There's a giant Darth Vader on the PS4 itself. That alone should tell you this bundle is based on Battlefront, not the new movie, which are two different things aside from a single DLC map.

Circinus

That looks tacky and ugly to me.

But I think I don't think special editions or limited editions electronics, including consoles, are for me. I prefer having it clean, sleek and subtle.

Alo0oy

Banned
Sony has more limited edition consoles than games this holiday season...console looks ok, controller is ugly as hell.

Well, that was subtle.

Anyway, I actually read the youtube comments before this thread, people there are begging to buy the controller separately. I'm not your biggest Star Wars fan so I don't care about this console either way.

Top Bottom