• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Special Edition PS4 Console Announced

Memento

So...Sony has a special bundle for literally the 3 biggest games of the year? Jesus. 30 million by the end of the year is going to be easier than I thought.

Rizific

that controller is ugly as shit. what sup with the different colors everywhere? why is the circle red? red and blue r1/l1? wtf?

Metfanant

I think the console looks great...the controller I'm not sold on..I get the link to Vader's chest plate...but its one of those things that fails, because even as a Star Wars fan I didn't get why on Earth it looked like that, until I read it...

So many possibilities and that's what they offer? Why most of these limited edition consoles look so cheap and like it was designed by some fan boy on Devianart?

This is the first bundle I really want. I'm actually considering selling my launch PS4 for this. Apparently its the new 1200 model so it should run cooler and quieter too.

CMjW4AtWUAA-Atj.jpg:large

Looks amazing.
Gaf has no taste in general >.>

This is the first bundle I really want. I'm actually considering selling my launch PS4 for this. Apparently its the new 1200 model so it should run cooler and quieter too.

Same. Really like the design. None of the other LEs I've seen have caught my eye like this one.

Alo0oy

Banned
So...Sony has a special bundle for literally the 3 biggest games of the year? Jesus. 30 million by the end of the year is going to be easier than I thought.

They'll easily hit 30 before any of those special editions launch, they already shipped 25 million at the end of June.

Boke1879

Damn so there are 3 bundles? Aside from the SE Battlefront and Infinity bundles there will be a standard Battlefront bundle.

I'm definitely interested in the price of the SE Battlefront then. Will it be $450? Either way. I like the value in each of the bundles.

The DS4 looks awful. Like a 3rd party controller with crazy colors. The console looks nice. Sony going hard this holiday with bundles and stuff.

Woahh, Adam looks thinner?? He looks great!

All the stress from trying to keep Shenmue 3 and FF7R hidden from GAF is gone.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Total Garbage. Big ugly decals never work, they just make it look like some junior high kids fucking ring-binder. Keep it simple, stupids.

The MGSV one is hot lurid sex and I feel bad I probably wont get to own it.
4Ugrj8C.jpg

zorbsie

If the buttons on the controller lit up, that would be great. I think it would sell the idea more. The console is not my cup of tea. White stormtrooper version that didn't have "Star Wars" repeating in the background would have been amazing. Just keep it simple and clean.

MisterR

I'm hoping the games are available seperate

Wouldve been killer if it was a 1tb console and if they secured KOTOR as well for it.

Why do i have a feeling Xbox may do that instead?

There will be no Xbox battlefront bundles. Sony has marketing rights.

Metfanant

Total Garbage. Big ugly decals never work, they just make it look like some junior high kids fucking ring-binder. Keep it simple, stupids.

The MGSV one is hot lurid sex and I feel bad I probably wont get to own it.
4Ugrj8C.jpg
And I think that console would make me puke if it was sitting next to my TV...but the controller looks great...

See how opinions work?

Memento

The opinions are the best part hahah

"WTF is this? Fucking ugly!"

"Wow. Best looking SE Console ever!"

"The console is meh, but the controller is hot!"

"The controller looks like garbage! I liked the console though."

I like it. There is a video on the PlayStation chanel about it. Looks really sexy. Put it in the OP!

crimilde

Banned
Actually I like both the console and the controller a lot. :D Minimalist Darth Vader looks cool and the controller is all sorts of awesome.

Lets be real here though folks

This thing is going to sell an epic fuck ton if they produce enough of them.

Sony better not hold back. Produce the shit out of these and we are talking record Holiday sales numbers

They won't, they have 3 bundles:

- LE Battlefront SKU (Stock will last like LE Arkham Knight)
- LE Disney Infinity SKU (Walmart will sell a lot of those)
- Standard SW SKU to replace Standard Arkham SKU

They have the holidays on lock if they also announced either LE or standard BO3 bundle.

Arc

This bundle is going to be HUGE for Sony. Star Wars mania is coming this fall and Sony is striking when the iron is hot af.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It is part of Star Wars, & Sony has exclusive marketing rights to that franchise as of right now. MS is gonna have to make a KOTOR cologne if they want to sell it.

They do? Must have missed that, I just assumed EA/Disney were giving the rights out on a game by game basis.

trixx

I'd actually rather get plain white or black ps4 instead. Doesn't look good to me, they could have done better

RibMan

CMjUqS9U8AAR-Vs.jpg

every promotional shot of the PS4 has the blue light but that's only during boot up. it'll be white during normal operation and red if it overheats.

PlayStation's official colors are blue (Pantone 287 C), black, and white. White on black is significantly more uninteresting than blue on black.

Top Bottom