• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I thought tomorrow was a gameplay reveal?

Is all we are getting a lame bullshot trailer?

"In-Engine" is the new "Prerendered" as far as I am concerned. It doesn't mean shit to me if it is in-engine but not actual gameplay. You may as well just do an awesome CG trailer at that point, like Deus Ex last week.

I think the folks at Celebration will get actual gameplay tomorrow. We may have to wait another day or so.

I don't really agree with that sentiment though. It's nice to see a what is likely a close representation of the, if not the actual, in-game assets. As much as I prefer gameplay straight to the veins, I also understand the marketing build-up they're going for.

Edit: What is with everyone so concerned with consoles. Consoles will NEVER look as good as the PC unless the latter is gimped somehow. Don't know what to tell you politely if you're expecting they are going to show-off a lesser representation at the start.

ironcreed

Banned
I mean they say it is. All I'm saying is, the screenshot appears to be real, the footage looks to be pre-rendered "inengine" stuff similar to what ND do with their cutscenes.

I don't know. All I am going to say is that I expect it to look great, but nothing close to that on consoles once the final product is out. We have seen hyped up visuals used for marketing magically get downgraded once the actual product releases one too many times. But yeah, I am sure whatever footage they have cooked up will indeed serve it's intended purpose of blowing us all away.

You should analyze news stories a bit more carefully ;)

That article is based on the fact that the Uprise website mentions that Uprise is working on Star Wars Battlefront. While Uprise has been doing Battlelog, does that automatically mean that we will do Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront?

No, it won't. That can only be an assumption, and I can tell you, no, there won't be Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront.
Yeah, I always thought that them assisting with other features was a possibility. Thought that there had been more news but can't find any. Thanks for clarifying, can't wait to see footage!

mnannola

If the lighting in game looks like that small clip I will be fucking amazed.

I can believe the textures, but the lighting is just too smooth, with too many sources. If somehow they get that visual fidelity with 64 players....damn I just can't believe it's possible.

hypotc

No!!!!

No rushing!!!

No fucking up!!!!

No rubberbanding!!!!

No Battlelog!!!!!

This is Star Wars

I just started playing some BF4 on PC again (haven't played since launch), and Battlelog works great. Don't let that be any downer lol.

From the NPD thread.

I'm not sure that really means anything. I know rumors suggest that Sony has the marketing rights, but I still find it hard to believe. It just seems like one of those that MS would pickup. Sony and EA's relationship just isn't what it once was.

EA is doing the same thing as Disney, it's just not as good at it you know?
All companies need to make a profit and EA definitely pushed the limit with it's DLC practices etc. But every gamer is ingrained to blindly hate EA now that's it's just a reflex. The biggest culprit in the industry is Activison. So when someone says Disney is better than EA or that they release better products, I'll always point out the Lone Ranger and the fact Disney will market anything to death.

BNGames

CCvE7i5UMAADLpM.png:large

Red leader Reporting in

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Dude, the lighting, the shaders, the tree models and foliage - it's all absolutely jaw dropping stuff. Like, if the game looked like that while playing, then Uncharted 4 will not be claiming any graphics thrones. And I just find that hard to believe that a multiplatform game will beat out a ground up Naughty Dog PS4 exclusive.

Unlike last gen though, Naughty Dog doesn't have the advantage of an entire performance boosting architecture dedicated to maximizing visuals and performance. Something many multiplats didn't have.

This gen they are on much more even ground. They know tricks, but by and large, DICE are no slouches in terms of technical capability at all by comparison especially on a much bigger scale.

That screenshot looks perfectly reasonable.
The main thing that makes it look good is that they nailed the look of the forest hoverbike thingy scene from the movie.

Technically it really doesn't look like anything special

a916

Unlike last gen though, Naughty Dog doesn't have the advantage of an entire performance boosting architecture dedicated to maximizing visuals and performance. Something many multiplats didn't have.

This gen they are on much more even ground. They know tricks, but by and large, DICE are no slouches in terms of technical capability at all by comparison especially on a much bigger scale.

It's harder to optimize and cheat if you're trying to build for PC vs a locked hardware.

Also, a somewhat linear 3rd person corridor shooter vs a larger scale FPS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Uprise formerly ESN.

Uprise.se/

Scroll half way down.

Youre welcome.

You should analyze news stories a bit more carefully ;)

That article is based on the fact that the Uprise website mentions that Uprise is working on Star Wars Battlefront. While Uprise has been doing Battlelog, does that automatically mean that we will do Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront?

No, it won't. That can only be an assumption, and I can tell you, no, there won't be Battlelog for Star Wars Battlefront.

You're welcome :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can't wait for the downgradeaton thread. The GAF meltdown will be epic.

I assume there will be a lot of "What downgrade?" and also a substantial amount of "Duh, nobody ever thought it was actually going to look like that"

Elixist

Can't wait for the downgradeaton thread. The GAF meltdown will be epic.

its funny because we have a decent idea of what the consoles are capable of now. where as during watch dogs hype it was alot more easier to the pull the wool as it were.

Gameboy415

Oh my god...
If I can just freely fly around on a Speeder Bike like in that clip, this may very well end up being one of my favorite games of all-time! :D

Ah, just noticed it'll be releasing on November 17th.

Well, time to save up for a PS4 + Battlefront + Playstation Plus + Gold Headset. I have until November :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom