• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 preview

Toxa

Maxrpg said:
KyleKatarn.jpg

There is only one EU Jedi.

Best SW games ever

That1Guy

VaLiancY said:
I want some limbs to come off as much as you do.:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZqDZlaj5U

On Page 12 of the GamePro review, they hint that- "We're actually talking to the ESRB about some stuff that we want to do with the lightsaber to make it really feel more like a lightsaber and much more visceral - without violating any ESRB policies, of course." "Like what?" I ask. " I can't tell you right now, but it's definitely nastier than anything we did last time."

Sounds like de-limbing to me!

tim1138

Phrostbyte said:
On Page 12 of the GamePro review, they hint that- "We're actually talking to the ESRB about some stuff that we want to do with the lightsaber to make it really feel more like a lightsaber and much more visceral - without violating any ESRB policies, of course." "Like what?" I ask. " I can't tell you right now, but it's definitely nastier than anything we did last time."

Sounds like de-limbing to me!

Might wanna remove that link as providing links to magazine scans is ban worthy, and since you're a junior it'd probably be a permaban.

Read the Gamepro article. I know I just sound like I'm a hater but damn does the story sound stupid and convolted. Starkiller is a clone of multiple clones and he still has feeling for Juno and now he turns on Vader again and all this is happening only a year before A New Hope. Ugh. On the bright side, it sounds like the lightsaber won't just be a big stick anymore.

tim1138

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Read the Gamepro article. I know I just sound like I'm a hater but damn does the story sound stupid and convolted. Starkiller is a clone of multiple clones and he still has feeling for Juno and now he turns on Vader again and all this is happening only a year before A New Hope. Ugh. On the bright side, it sounds like the lightsaber won't just be a big stick anymore.

I have a feeling the clone story arc is just going to be a red herring and at the end (or near end) you'll find out you were the original Starkiller all along.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Willy105 said:
Hey, I am a big fan of Dave Filoni, but that's make me an expert. I am just here to talk about these things with other people that know more stuff about it than I do.

Where's your input, then? I was under the impression you knew a lot more about this considering you are an insider. Mind sharing with us some insight, or are you just going to be another joke poster?
There's plenty of information out there on how SW canon is handled, an earlier post already addressed it.

VaLiancY said:
IGN got a preview up.

Stormtrooper armor falls off as you attack them.:lol Whiffle-bat lightsaber returns.

All these new features their excited about adding like dual wielding, mind trick, and force rage is shit Jedi Academy did 7 years ago.

cacildo

This just in, Wii version being developed by Red Fly, same guys behind Wii versions of Ghostbusters and Mushroom man (i think)

Wii version also supports 4-player multiplayer, probably offline multiplayer. No talk about Motion+ support.

Again, no talk about motion plus support.
None.
After 4 years of wii, Lucasarts still has nothing to say about a proper lightsaber game.

V_Ben

Banned
cacildo said:
This just in, Wii version being developed by Red Fly, same guys behind Wii versions of Ghostbusters and Mushroom man (i think)

Wii version also supports 4-player multiplayer, probably offline multiplayer. No talk about Motion+ support.

None.
After 4 years of wii, Lucasarts still has nothing to say about a proper lightsaber game.

Red Fly? Wonderful News! :D

Wasn't Red Fly's Cook or be Cooked M+ supported?

What I'm curious about as well is if this is related to that Beat-em-up they were shown to be working on for the Wii?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
cacildo said:

None.

Don't worry, you'll get one on the PS3 compatible with the awesome Move® motion controller.

cacildo said:

None.

Lack of motion+ and red fly at the helm deflates most interest for me in this version.

Let's hope that Lucasarts does make that proper lightsaber game for Wii soon with the emergence of Move and Natal to provide additional platforms for ports.

EDarkness

cacildo said:

None.

No offense to Red Fly (I even know people who work there), but my interest in the Wii version just went down a notch. "Kiddiefied" Wii version incoming. Heh, heh.

Kilrogg said:
Don't worry, you'll get one on the PS3 compatible with the awesome Move® motion controller.

Hahahahaha...none of the versions will support good motion controls. Devs are just too lazy to implement them

cacildo

Kilrogg said:

I wish!!!

But when it comes to the wii version there´s really no excuses: wii motion+ has been around for more than a year. They should have made this a mandatory motion+ game.

Edit: Also this

317b18m.jpg

WillyFive

cacildo said:

None.

Well, at least it's a more respected developer?

cacildo said:
I wish!!!

But when it comes to the wii version there´s really no excuses: wii motion+ has been around for more than a year. They should have made this a mandatory motion+ game.

Agreed. Red Steel 2 really showed the way forward for using both motion+ sword fighting and pointer controls at the same time. This control scheme could be perfectly applied to lightsaber combat and force powers, respectively. I think we'll have to wait a while longer, however, before that comes to fruition in the SW universe.

I hope that at least red fly uses pointer controls for force powers as they did in mushroom men. That's the only hope I have for them doing this port. That and not doing this with some awful cartoony art-style, what an awful decision for GB Wii.

Rlan

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
According to GiantBomb, the force unleashed 2 is coming to every system except psp. Does this mean it's gonna be on psp2 but they just can't announce it yet? Cause it certainly doesn't make sense not to have a psp version.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-force-unleashed-ii-hitting-almost-every-platform-on-1026/2076/

As a dude who worked on The Forced Unleashed PSP, I can say that shit was hard! Good luck if anyone picks it up. At least they don't need to put a ton of extra content like TFU1 did :)

fernoca

Though, taking the lightsaber aside..what would Motion Plus add to the game? (seriously, I'm clueless :p)

Because the first one was fast paced, quick action game that had you shooting lightning pushing or pulling enemies..and using the lightsaber..and some misc. weapon you had..or as a combo finisher like.. "electrocute an enemy..run to it, slash it"..or "pull and enemy then hit it and go for the homerun"..

So, what would the; more precise Motion Plus add to it?..without drastically changing the core game that much... not including the lightsaber?

Zenith

Banned
Screens

[IMGIMG]

Something seems seriously off with the image quality, and Worthplaying always publishes screens in the condition it received them in. Maybe the small ones are from the Wii?

edit: embarrased. they were showing before.

Collector's Edition

SWTFU2_PS3_CELG.jpg

SWTFU2_X360_CELG.jpg

Comes with:
•Premium Collectible Steelbook
•Exclusive In-Game Content
◦Three exclusive challenge mode levels
◦Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept “Deak Starkiller” skin
◦Exclusive Lightsaber crystal
•Exclusive Mimobot USB Designer Drive Preloaded with Bonus Content
◦Starkiller 2GB Flash Drive designed by Mimobot
◦Digital art book, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

What a shitty collectors edition. Where's the soundtrack or a hardcover art book? The only thing that looks cool is the fantastic steelbook packaging.

Cep

Banned
rainking187 said:
Collector's Edition

SWTFU2_PS3_CELG.jpg

SWTFU2_X360_CELG.jpg

Comes with:
•Premium Collectible Steelbook
•Exclusive In-Game Content
◦Three exclusive challenge mode levels
◦Exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept “Deak Starkiller” skin
◦Exclusive Lightsaber crystal
•Exclusive Mimobot USB Designer Drive Preloaded with Bonus Content
◦Starkiller 2GB Flash Drive designed by Mimobot
◦Digital art book, featuring insights into the art of The Force Unleashed II

Why are they showing the CE already?

Do we even have gameplay yet?

We may be seeing the CE version now because they feel confident in that they'll get many sold. I for one am contemplating this strongly considering I still can't find a copy of the sith edition of the previous game.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Hell yeah--that steelbook will look nice next to my Ultimate Sith Edition of the first game.

UrbanRats

Digital-artbooks in CEs are a joke.. come on, throw a book in there, if i wanted to save money, i would've gone with the normal edition.

EDarkness

fernoca said:
He seems to be wearing a cape/hood...

Disappointed at no collector's for the Wii..I'd love that USB.. :lol ..oh well..

Yeah...why no collector's edition for the Wii version? This is the kind of thing that makes people avoid Wii games. It just doesn't get the same treatment as the other systems. Even if they didn't include the extra USB, the art book and such should be available.

I hope it does well...there is no way that they can make a third one of these right? I mean eventually they'll have to turn to something that could be similar...and that would be Jedi Knight :D

Valcryst

Neo Member
I just fuond the perfect present for my birthday! Loved the first one (yeah, even the star destroyer part)...got the Sith Edition, it was my first platinum!
And after playing it I watched the first two movies in a row :D

mik said:
Hell yeah--that steelbook will look nice next to my Ultimate Sith Edition of the first game.

I was writing the same thing!

glaurung

I'd be real thankful if someone would point me toward a store that is still selling the Ultimate Sith edition of the first game for the PS3. UK or EU preferred.

It seems to be some kind of a freakish rarity.

MutFox

Banned
I agree that Lightsabers feel weak,
but melee weapons in Video Games are almost always weak.
It's no excuse though.

After playing the Demo, I put it to Easy, just to make the Lightsaber feel a little more powerful.
The Demo demonstrated that this was a crap Star Wars game.

Jedi Academy wasn't that great,
Though online Lightsaber battles were pretty entertaining.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MutFox said:
Jedi Academy wasn't that great,
Though online Lightsaber battles were pretty entertaining.
What? Jedi Academy was fantastic in singleplayer gameplay wise. The story was pretty atrocious, but they combat was just fucking great and made it totally worth it. They had great variety with the level design as well. No, it wasn't as good as JK2, but it was still really damn good.

Sutanreyu

luka said:
Kyle Katarn is the Chuck Norris of Star Wars.

God I want another Jedi Knight.

This so hard.

Best part about JKII was the friggen saber duels. They actually required skill. The online community for that game was seriously unlike any other. They had the coolest mods.

I miss that game so hard... My CD is super scratched.

Top Bottom