• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

A.J.

Banned
I can't see the bundles as they've expired for me, but usually the more expensive packs come with better characters and premium currency/purple gems.
I get that. I guess that I'm surprised that the jump in offer size is so big so fast

skyhaven

Neo Member
The Sith bundle is just a 3-star Greedo.
There is no actual Sith in there and it's meant to 'prop up' a fledgling starter player who want to have an earlier access to Dark Side missions' minimum of 3-man squad requirement.
I find it fairly priced since I'm mostly F2P and take it as the entry price to the game.

It's a decent game, but the RMT is too influential and I'm fine sticking to like top1000 tier instead of banging my head against the Wall of Whales in top 500

Aselith

The Sith bundle is just a 3-star Greedo.
There is no actual Sith in there and it's meant to 'prop up' a fledgling starter player who want to have an earlier access to Sith missions' minimum of 3-man squad requirement.
I find it fairly priced since I'm mostly F2P and take it as the entry price to the game.

It's a decent game, but spending 3 digit cash on mobile game pack is dumb and I guess I'm fine sticking to like top1000 tier and just unlock my core squad.

Get gud, I've spent $10 on the game and I'm 100-200

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I just unlocked Luke from grinding on the Cantina for the last few days! Don't know how good he is without a lightsaber but it's time to work on that gear level!

Dwayne

I just unlocked Luke from grinding on the Cantina for the last few days! Don't know how good he is without a lightsaber but it's time to work on that gear level!

I like Luke, his attacks do around 1500 for normal and 2500-3000 for special when he's levelled up.

Blank!

No shit, you played longer than me with better cards and so did the top 500.

It depends on what server you end up joining too. My server isn't all that competitive, we've only got 2-3 big time whales with crazy Leia/fotp teams. Most others are still running bad versions of Phasma/Lum/Sidious teams. I can make top 20 without spending anything on refreshes and top 5 if I do.

Durden77

I'm not finding Luke that impressive. I've put a lot into him, have his critical chance buff at level 4, but he still doesn't seem to crit at often as some of my other characters. And he's kind of useless without criting.

Latley I've been replacing him on my team with Fives and seem to be getting better results. But maybe he gets better with time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's a decent game, but the RMT is too influential and I'm fine sticking to like top1000 tier instead of banging my head against the Wall of Whales in top 500

There are a lot of totally F2P players who are at the top ranks, so I kind of have to disagree that the RMT is too influential. It just takes time, and coming in after launch on a server with people who have been playing longer is rough. You just have to plan your team.:)

wihio

I made it to like 380 without spending a dime, just playing the game.

Definitely hitting the "grind" now though. Overall a fun game, but had the most fun between levels 15-40

Dwayne

Level 65 now unlocks a higher difficulty keycard battle training droid mission. Wonder how much better the drops are!

I got to the top 50 early on in the game. Then I didn't play for one weekend and feel to 2700 or something. Battled my way back up and now I'm on the edge of the top 1000. I have to refresh like crazy to find a manageable opponent because everyone is Sidious/Lum/Dooku level 6/7 star even way back here. I want a new server.

Fordfx2

What's the best way to get actual characters outside of spending real money?

Pretty much grind away for purple crystals doing the light and dark side fights, which unlocks the daily achievements until you get 350 and buy a Chromium data card with it and cross your fingers you get a Character out of it, mostly get shards though for a random character. That's how I got Dooku and a few others.

Aselith

PFI8x3s.jpg

True Palpy appears!

(courtesy reddit)

Blank!

first time trying Galactic War after the change.

Was fine, lost 7 characters total... sounds like more than it was. Jedi Counselor died due to Sidious healing debuff. That's a whole lot more brutal now, so I subbed Barriss into the team after that. My Sidious died to some BS triple attack from a Phasma/Geno Soldier/FotP attack. Could of reset it but it was the 2nd to last fight and had characters to burn.

Last 5 deaths was against the final team, I subbed in my "C" team just to see how well they'd fair... managed to get rid of 2 heroes and some cooldowns so there's that.

Didn't end up needing to reset (I usually don't though). Lack of retreating to clear debuffs/sub in fresh characters makes catching up on cooldowns much harder but with basically "infinite" tries with the A-team, you can always reset a bad start so meh? I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Just promoted my Genosian soldier. Also incredibly close to promoting IG-86. Only have 1,200 crystals after buying energy.

Durden77

Stormtrooper Han is starting to become incredibly useful. Once you level his taunt skill and passive up enough, he becomes a monster support taunter. He gives out so much turn meter, which can easily win games.

He's not the best for 3-staring missions because he's likely to die, but he's finally replaced Chewy in my PVP team.

liezryou

If anyone has something other then a lumi/chewie/sideous leader and wants a level 61 sideous/lumi leader, add me: 712-658-315.

BTW FOTP is too god damn strong right now. If you have him at a decent star and combo him with a poe + leia you can pretty much dominate any team, even one thousands of power above you.

EDIT: Just found out FOTP is bugged at 7* right now. When he goes from 6*->7* apparently his strength value switches with his agility value so he gets ridiculously tanky along with the highest DPS output in the game. So yeah, if you can drop hundreds to get 7* FOTP right now, you can probably rank 1 easy.

Blank!

If anyone has something other then a lumi/chewie/sideous leader and wants a level 61 sideous/lumi leader, add me: 712-658-315.

BTW FOTP is too god damn strong right now. If you have him at a decent star and combo him with a poe + leia you can pretty much dominate any team, even one thousands of power above you.

EDIT: Just found out FOTP is bugged at 7* right now. When he goes from 6*->7* apparently his strength value switches with his agility value so he gets ridiculously tanky along with the highest DPS output in the game. So yeah, if you can drop hundreds to get 7* FOTP right now, you can probably rank 1 easy.

What's made this combo so much stronger is at level 61, Poe has a chance of going first now. Because of how speed works, he can even get a turn before Dooku. It's all RNG, but your only chance is to use a Poe of your own and hope RNG is in your favor (or pray for a Dooku turn/stun before Poe moves). The 61-69 meta seriously sucks right now.

I can't wait to hit 70... Geno Soldier will also have a chance of going first so it would open up the ability to 1-shot Poe before he moves again. Still incredibly luck-based but at least possible.

I got on the Poe train late though, mine is 3 shipments away from 4 star :( I'll probably still use him at that level though... how sad is that.

dnmt

Banned
Maybe I'm missing something here but what exactly makes Geno Soldier and Poe so great? Both feel underpowered to me at the moment (they're ~L45 with L4 gear and some skill upgrades). Darth Sid, Luminara and FOTP are definitely insane though.

Should I focus on trying to hit level 70 with my characters or bringing the rest collection up to 60? I have,

Lv. 60 g.7 6s Phasma
Lv. 60 g.7 6s Asaaj
Lv. 60 g.7 4s FO Stormtrooper
Lv. 60 g.7 2s FO TIE Pilot
Lv. 60 g.6 3s FO Commander
Lv. 60 g.6 4s Poe
Lv. 60 g.6 4s Finn
Lv. 60 g.6 3s Resistance Pilot
Lv. 60 g.6 3s Resistance Trooper

Then about 20 other guys around level 40 to 50. I'm hitting at the edge of top 500 now in Arena, but in Galactic War I'm constantly running out on the last wave. I also know I'm doing it wrong without many healers. All I got besides Asaaj's spotty healing is a level 52 JC and Talia.

Blank!

Maybe I'm missing something here but what exactly makes Geno Soldier and Poe so great? Both feel underpowered to me at the moment (they're ~L45 with L4 gear and some skill upgrades). Darth Sid, Luminara and FOTP are definitely insane though.

Poe is just arena material, he sucks outside of that. In Arena though, his taunt lasts 2 turns, can cause expose on the entire enemy team, and reduces enemy turn meter. You can basically have your entire squad go first before the enemy squad if Poe goes first.

Combine that with some glass cannon 1-shotters, and you're looking at 2-3 dead characters before you even have a chance to go.

The kicker is, even if you do go after he taunts, you still have to get around his taunt/kill him. He's squishy, but any damage done to him is damage NOT done to the class cannons he's protecting.

Geno Soldier's assist call ends up having a 1 round cooldown, so every other round two guys are smacking you. He's got high crit/damage and he's also very fast (and gains meter on crit). Those glass cannons I was talking about that Poe protects? He's one of the farmable ones. Geno is one of those characters who (should) never leave your team IMO, he's useful everywhere.

Lum is great for PvE stuff but falls off in PvP. Healing ends up sucking when you start facing non-stop 1-shot teams. What point is there in healing for a turn, if you're going to blow up the next anyway. It's a wasted "turn" and to easy to exploit on defense with all the Sidious's everywhere.

Then about 20 other guys around level 40 to 50. I'm hitting at the edge of top 500 now in Arena, but in Galactic War I'm constantly running out on the last wave. I also know I'm doing it wrong without many healers. All I got besides Asaaj's spotty healing is a level 52 JC and Talia.

Bring up JC. His low cooldown heal makes him a main-stay in my Galactic War team. Personally, I run:

Lum (leader), JC, Sidious, Geno Soldier as my "main" group. My 5th slot is a rotation between Dooku, Fives, Barriss, IG-86. If I lose a Lum/JC before the last 3 fights, I'll simply reset and try again... it rarely happens but they're my main stay. I have a couple ringer teams (Phasma, Chewie, etc) that I'll throw in there for the last wave or two to burn cooldowns/try to kill some characters.

695-262-636 is my ally code. I'm currently level 45 and plan on adding those who posted their codes in this thread. This game has been a lot of fun and the next day or so will be quite exciting, as I will have enough shards for Sidious, Luminara, AND Poe.

Jaleel

Been pretty boss in Arena with:

(L) Sid 6*
Poe 4* G8 (Getting him to 7* ASAP, best arena taunter thanks to turn meter, expose and speed)
Kylo 7*
Lumi 6*
Leia 5* or IG88 5*(Will get 88 to 7* after Sid is 7*)

MuggerMD

Banned
Anyone have trouble farming Jedi Counsler? His shard drop rate seems really low for me. Like under 10%. Whereas other heroes are around 20%-30%. (Farming in light/dark battles).

Dwayne

Anyone have trouble farming Jedi Counsler? His shard drop rate seems really low for me. Like under 10%. Whereas other heroes are around 20%-30%. (Farming in light/dark battles).

I feel relatively sure they lower the drop rates the closer you are to getting the amount you need.

Top Bottom