• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Gaming Community Thread | 1313 games, but 1313 ain't one

It would have been good I feel.

Corsi lamented that it was the best thing he ever worked on.

It very well may have been. I certainly would have hopes, and anticipated it, cynically or not.

But yeah, that cynicism. Its just making me not mind the cancellation. Not like I would if a dev I had more trust in had been making it.

I fucking love Star Wars
i9tV2iN.gif

PBalfredo

Subscribed. I've been getting into the X-wing Miniatures Game, which has an OT that should be added to the links in the OP. Playing that has inspired me to download some of the good old flight sims from GOG. I finished up the campaign in X-wing Vs TIE Fighter and I'm early in X-Wing Alliance now.

My greatest prayer is that between EA's Star Wars game succeeding and Star Citizen becoming a huge thing, the stars will align and someone will call up Lawrence Holland to give us a new Star Wars flight sim.

eFKac

Subscribing.

Looking forward to Battlefront.

Really hope to see a Star Wars game for Project Morpheus! It has everything, seated cockpit experiences, ligthsaber duels, slower exploration of notable Star Wars locations, and so on...drooling.

Metalmarc

Great work Op, how about an offical Star Wars OT over on the off topic side? You should totally make one, that is seprate from the episode 7 and Rebels threads.

JDHarbs

Amazing thread OP. Great work. May I suggest that you include some of the great Star Wars tabletop games as well?

Star Wars: The Card Game
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniature Game (GAF thread here.)
Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Star Wars: Armada
Star Wars Roleplaying Game

I've played all these, with the exception of Armada, and they are all brilliant games for any Star Wars fan. X-Wing being my favourite.
Subscribed. I've been getting into the X-wing Miniatures Game, which has an OT that should be added to the links in the OP.
Good suggestions. I'll get started on a tabletop section.

did you forget that bounty hunter game on gamecube
There were a lot of games that I left out that could've been added. Bounty Hunter, Jedi Power Battles, and Battle for Naboo to name a few. I knew I would've missed some so I included a full list link at the top of that section.

Edit: If enough people want any additions to be made then I can add them in.

Eolz

Wow, I didn't expect a Star Wars gaming OT.
That OP and that header are awesome!

Didn't like many SW games recently, but JK, Rogue Squadron, Tie-Fighter, and Racer are some of my favourite games ever.

PBalfredo

The amazingly terrible Yoda Stories.

yoda.jpg

Awesome. You've done a fantastic job already. :)

I had a strange affinity for the Yoda Stories demo that came on some Lucasarts demo disc (which I think also had Star Wars Monopoly on it as well). Weren't the map randomized each time you played? I guess I liked it because it was Baby's Youngling's First Rogue-Like

Yeah, we had the sample/demos of them both in "The LucasArts Archives Vol. III " and we also had "The LucasArts Archives Vol. II: The Star Wars Collection". Seems like they had a few of the archives out in the 90s. LucasArts Archives

I remember those. I think I had The LucasArts Archives Vol. II: The Star Wars Collection, because I sure as hell didn't buy Rebel Assault I and II on their own, thank goodness. That purchase was pretty much just for the TIE Fighter CD-ROM. Though it must of been something else I got the Yoda Stories demo on, because it was definitely just the demo version; Hoth was the only planet I could play on.

eFKac

Talking about 1313, I just discovered this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh820gAO7e8

Am I the only one to see this now?

nice, haven't seen quite a few bits from this.

Watching it now, when next gen has firmly settled in, puts some things into perspective.
That was quite an optimistic target render :-D The smoke, or main character models, especially facial animation, soft shadows, we still haven't achieved anything like it in a released game. Would have been a downgradeaton drama :-D

I was so pumped for Battlefront that I recently bought a new PC. Planning on getting another GTX 970 for SLI (or maybe whatever Nvidia mainline card comes out by then) when Battlefront rolls around.

Subscribed. Star Wars games are awesome.

This thread is making me nostalgia pretty hard. The GOG versions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter are not the Collector CD-ROM versions, right? What all does that mean? No voice work? Maybe I should dig out my old CDs and try to get them to work. I bookmarked the GAF topic on getting the X-Wing series to work on Windows 7, though I haven't gone through the steps myself yet.

If they ever bring them to Steam, I'll be on them in a flash.

adj_noun

Yay! Star Wars game thread! :DDDDDDD

Confession: I thought Teras Kai was pretty cool back in the day. I blame it on youth.

I actually can't think of another game that let you PvP Luke and Darth Vader in a lightsaber fight (sort of), which is a real shame. I bet you could do a darn cool Star Wars fighting game nowadays.

Right now I'm playing through an Empire campaign in Empire at War. Again.

PBalfredo

Am I the only one who thought 1313 wasn't really that cool?

For as much I could totally dig how deep in the original trilogy aesthetic it was after so much prequels stuff, a part of me worried it would just be Uncharted In Space. Much like how Force Unleashed felt like the devs were playing too much God of War and Galactic Battleground was pretty much an Age of Empires total conversion, so there is precedent.

For as much I could totally dig how deep in the original trilogy aesthetic it was after so much prequels stuff, a part of me worried it would just be Uncharted In Space. Much like how Force Unleashed felt like the devs were playing too much God of War and Galactic Battlesground was pretty much an Age of Empires total conversion, so there is precedent.
I thought the same thing when I saw the game.

You mean cover-based shooter with one of the most boring and overrated characters in the Star Wars universe. The EU doesn't count.
Living life on the edge.

For as much I could totally dig how deep in the original trilogy aesthetic it was after so much prequels stuff, a part of me worried it would just be Uncharted In Space. Much like how Force Unleashed felt like the devs were playing too much God of War and Galactic Battleground was pretty much an Age of Empires total conversion, so there is precedent.
But what's wrong with Uncharted in space? The first Force Unleashed game was amazing.

And Uncharted is Tomb Raider with a male protagonist.

PBalfredo

But what's wrong with Uncharted in space? The first Force Unleashed game was amazing.

Nothing wrong with it exactly, but I want my Star Wars games to embody Star Wars first and crib from other games I've played already second, even if those games are good. Force Unleashed is a good example since they took so much from God of War's playbook that when you fight a mini-boss like an AT-ST, you're swinging around a wiffle bat until the QTE shows up and the game remembers "Oh right, lightsabers" because that's how GoW does things.

MaddenNFL64

Subbed, and ready!

So, did anyone leak the Battlefront trailer yet? Gotta be some crappy 5 second phone footage somewhere...

I would have loved to see Factor 5 work on a new Rogue Squadron with current hardware. I'm still impressed with Rogue Leader on the old Gamecube.

Rootbeer

Banned
The rumors of 1313 being revived better be true. THAT is the current gen SW game we really need about now.

Just think, if it hadn't been canned we'd probably already have played it on Steam or PS4 by now. So sad.

Galdius

I would have loved to see Factor 5 work on a new Rogue Squadron with current hardware. I'm still impressed with Rogue Leader on the old Gamecube.

This.
Some weeks ago I played the first level of Rogue Squadron II and it was really good. I can't imagine what they would be capable of making with the current gen consoles.

Top Bottom