• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect was worked on by 10 teams, 200+ people

Hanmik

about the Dance minigame... I read a review where they said, that when you chose to play the dance part. C3PO pops up and tells you that he is worried because the file has been corrupted, and that the files for places like Jabba´s Palace have been exchanged for dance routines instead..

that is their way of making the dance game "legit" in the star wars universe..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am with you here. I am in tears listening at hologram girl, but let's be honest, this shit was nearly just as bad (helped by the fact the lyrics are incomprehensible), and it was actually in the movies. You can't pretend it doesn't exist.

that was bad, but it was just some muppets singing for 'atmosphere'. If Han Solo had started dancing with Jabba, I'd agree with you.

Limanima

What a waste of resources...

ib0HcA14Dce4BB.gif

Kinect gifs are always so god damn fun!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I with they'd stop with the 'kids may be happy with this' like 'oh its shit but maybe stupid kids will like it'. Kids like good stuff too.

Are there any kinect games with accurate controls, or do you basically have to design carefully around the inaccuracy?

I can only imagine this will sell well on the basis of people thinking 'they are the controller' and 'ooh lightsaber fights'. And then will be disappointed. I really just don't get kinect.

Margalis

Banned
That Hologram Girl video...oh my.

It's like too bad to even be parody. BUT IT'S REAL!

Edit: I love how every positive review is basically "this sucks but it's fun if you just try to have a fun time and don't focus on stuff like gameplay - also it helps if you are five!"

There is literally not a single game ever made that you can't give a good review to using that criteria. "ET makes no fucking sense and has no real gameplay but if you are a kid who likes ET and just has fun running around floating out of holes with your stretchy neck it's a blast! - 8/10!"

Afrikan

..I...I...i can never look at Darth Vader the same way again T_____T

oh man it is 4:40am in the morning and I'm trying not too laugh to loud, but that was just wrong.....just wrong..

here is my post from the other thread

I think what makes this so frustrating is the realistic looking characters.... I think if they didn't go for a realistic artsyle for this mode, some wouldn't make a big deal...if it were cartoony then it might have not been a big deal.

but when you see a realistic looking Han Solo dancing and moving like that....its like someone is forcing you to forget your memory of what you remember of Han Solo....that is what might put Hardcore Star War fans off. I never pictured him moving his hips like that.

its like taking a Hardcore Death Metal legend or Country Singing legend and digitally making him sing and dance to some rap shit. His fans would be LIVID!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OK, lets try to be positive - can you play the game without being forced to dance? I'm not waving my fucking arms around in my lounge. If so, the rest of the game sounds kind of alright...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've actually liked half of those dance videos and it made me seriously think about using my 30 day code for SWTOR.

Alx

And they are always the same ones, so much fun!

Yah, at least make new ones. The family playing ricochet is from 2010... (I'll give a pass to the girl playing kinectimals, because that one is creative and genuinely funny ^^ ).

About the reviews : they look all over the place... I suppose that the feedback will be extremely subjective since everybody probably had expectations from a SW motion game, but it's strange that some people say the controls feel right when others feel they're broken. I'd be curious to try a demo of the main mode.

Hanmik

Yah, at least make new ones. The family playing ricochet is from 2010... (I'll give a pass to the girl playing kinectimals, because that one is creative and genuinely funny ^^ ).

About the reviews : they look all over the place... I suppose that the feedback will be extremely subjective since everybody probably had expectations from a SW motion game, but it's strange that some people say the controls feel right when others feel they're broken. I'd be curious to try a demo of the main mode.

yeah.. I really don´t get how some sites praise the Motion controls and others bash them to hell and back..

So they just gave up on making that stuff they showed years ago playable and made this instead - I wonder how much money went down the drain?

(well, all of it I suppose based on the videos)

Hanmik

So they just gave up on making that stuff they showed years ago playable and made this instead - I wonder how much money went down the drain?

(well, all of it I suppose based on the videos)

the only thing that is gone, is the onscreen characters doing stuff before you do them.. ! lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
the only thing that is gone, is the onscreen characters doing stuff before you do them.. ! lol

Yeah, now you have to wait half a second before they do anything and it's not what you want them to do anyway.

Marco1

The best way for me to describe this game is from a parents perspective such as myself. I pre-ordered this from shopto and it arrived 5 days before the official release discounted to under £30, I'll admit this sent alarm bells ringing but it's for my son who LOVES star wars and still plays every iteration of lego star wars on DS, wii and 360 and never complains.
So I install this to 360 as I imagine it always being on and I don't want my disc drive prematurely wearing out. My son starts playing and all I hear is," Dad why will he not move when I step forward? Dad why does the lightsaber go through the robot and not kill him, Dad why will he not jump when I jump, Dad I tell kinect to play and it won't play, Dad why does C3PO not sound like him, Dad look Dad when I lift my hands up to lift the tree it's not working, Dad you can have this back now and can you turn on the wii."
Thanks Microsoft, you owe me one.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The best way for me to describe this game is from a parents perspective such as myself. I pre-ordered this from shopto and it arrived 5 days before the official release discounted to under £30, I'll admit this sent alarm bells ringing but it's for my son who LOVES star wars and still plays every iteration of lego star wars on DS, wii and 360 and never complains.
So I install this to 360 as I imagine it always being on and I don't want my disc drive prematurely wearing out. My son starts playing and all I hear is," Dad why will he not move when I step forward? Dad why does the lightsaber go through the robot and not kill him, Dad why will he not jump when I jump, Dad I tell kinect to play and it won't play, Dad why does C3PO not sound like him, Dad look Dad when I lift my hands up to lift the tree it's not working, Dad you can have this back now and can you turn on the wii."

hilarious.

Oppo

They should have rendered the models to look like abused action-figures in a stop-motion style, to complete the Robot Chicken effect.

lucius

5.5/10 from IGN!

Waste of resources confirmed.

Seriously though the game will sell millions I am sure so that's all that matters for this game, I won't be buying it though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seeing the positive reviews for the Pod Racing mode it makes me wonder why they don't just go ahead and make a full-fledged version. On a side note, the N64 game was great.

Seeing the positive reviews for the Pod Racing mode it makes me wonder why they don't just go ahead and make a full-fledged version. On a side note, the N64 game was great.

Episode I Racer HD would have been perfect to coincide with the 3D re-release of TPM.

Personally, of all the things about Kinect Star Wars, the R2 themed Xbox looks cool, yet part of me wishes they made an X-Wing or TIE themed one too.

Cheech

Thanks for the review (and saving me some cash). I owe you a beer!

See, kids have taste too. They just don't eat any shit thrown at them.

Top Bottom