• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Zom

Banned
My guess:

Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning.
Kylo can't gun down his mom and starts heading back to the light.
Luke turns his back on training Rey.
Rey/Ben join forces to fight Snoke.
Rey gets captured by Snoke.
Ben has to go to Luke and convince him to save Rey.

I buy this

Ristifer

Luke even calls out the misdirection in the trailer: "This is not going to go the way you think."

We got nothing to worry about here.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
MSRiDTN.gif

TheXbox

Finn fights Phasma in the First Order hangar from the opening shot of the trailer. Looks to be in a First Order officer's uniform as well. I expect this comes after the stuff with Benicio?

kevin1025

Banned
Fuck. It's impossible to ignore Star Wars deets for 2 months on the Internet. Some motherfucker is going to spread leaks bra

I read a couple of the leaks, none of them really mention anything I've seen in this trailer from what I can tell.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
we don't deserve porgs

Oozer3993

Oh Star Wars, how far you've fallen. From fun space-opera adventure in Episode 4 to this grimdark fantasy shlock set in space.

Anyone else think Mark Hamill has shrunk? He seems to be channeling Peter Dinklage in this trailer.

This is Luke Prime, not Bigger Luke, so it's natural that he would look smaller.

I am so happy that you've given me an opportunity to link the greatest conspiracy theory ever!

HariKari

My guess:

Sounds pretty Disney. Very believable.

The "Will Rey go bad?" hanging question leading into the third movie would be way too tempting to pass up.

Not

Banned
My guess:

We don't need the damsel trope YET AGAIN guys. Free your mind.

Sole reason this isn't happening.

bionic77

That was an okay trailer.

Was hoping to be a bit more hyped but I still don't know shit and I'm still excited for Episode VIII.
Nothing is ever going to top that Han reveal for me.

Shit brought me close to tears.

Just hoping for a great movie. What makes me happy is it looks different. Hope they pull it off.

III-V

on second viewing Luke is 100% talking about Kylo. The next scene is a flashback to Lukes academy burning down. and then Kylo's mask after that.

molnizzle

I really think most of it was misdirection and very out of context scenes meant to trick you into thinking they've revealed something. Seriously I barely trust anything I saw in the trailer.

Yeah I mean we all went into TFA thinking that Finn was the next Jedi. Shit, he had a lightsaber on the damn poster.

Trust nothing with modern Star Wars.

As grimdark at the trailer is, the movie is also supposed to be pretty hilarious. They never put the humor in the trailers, but I'm telling you those Porgs are gonna be amazing.

Well, Empire had probably the most amount of goofy jokes in it of the OT (though it's not necessarily the funniest.) I can certainly see TLJ having a lot of humor, especially since the Dern planet stuff wasn't shown in the trailer.

My guess:

Was thinking similarly. I can dig it if most of this happens.

watership

I loved the new trailer.

but as a star wars design nerd, I was really hoping for new ships/vehicles, but they just look like variations on a theme. Vader's Tie.. Kylo Ren's Tie. AT-AT, New Order AT-ATs... People tried to placate me that the retro design of the Force Awakens as trying to remind fans this is star wars again, but i'm worried this will be another design nostalgia run.

Top Bottom