• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

Kylo giving his hand to Rey seems to be trailer bs. Kylo has fire and smoke behind him, the rey shot seems somewhere else at night.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
pPqvjpl.gif

LEAVE REY ALONE! :mad:

I feel like this is gonna be E3 gif material.

My guess is that Luke and Snoke have the biggest beef and try to get their apprentices to annihilate each opposing side. Rey and Kylo Ren say fuck that, shake hands, and go off on adventure to find whatever Luke and Snoke are racing to get.

RedStep

Kylo looks like he has a carbonfiber bandaid on his face.

At the beginning of the trailer it's very wide and noticeable, and at the end it's just a thin black line.

If the story picks up right after TFA, maybe it heals over the course of the movie. WE GOT A CONTINUITY CLUE OVER HERE!

Jarmel

Banned
My guess:

Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning.
Kylo can't gun down his mom and starts heading back to the light.
Luke turns his back on training Rey.
Rey/Ben join forces to fight Snoke.
Rey gets captured by Snoke.
Ben has to go to Luke and convince him to save Rey.

That’s probably close to what I expect.

ESB is darker than ANH but it's not grimdark nor is it driven by prophetic nonsense, as this seems to be.

Driven by prophetic nonsense?

What does that even mean?

The entire franchise is heavily predicated on prophecy, fate, destiny, etc., as it should be given that it's more myth and fantasy than sci-fi.

Pineapple

At the beginning Snoke goes, "When I found you, I saw raw, untamed power...and beyond that, something truly special..."

He's likely talking about either Rey or Kylo...but I'm curious what the "truly special" quality about either of them could be if it's not their intrinsically strong aptitude for the Force...

18-Volt

My guess:

Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning.
Kylo can't gun down his mom and starts heading back to the light.
Holdo kills Leia and takes full control of Resistance forces
Luke turns his back on training Rey.
Finn and Rose defeats Phasma and Hux to free Stormtroopers to fight against Holdo and forces, Finn finds out how to do that since he's the only one that freed ( with help of Del Toro's character)
Rey/Ben join forces to fight Snoke.
Rey gets captured by Snoke.
Ben has to go to Luke and convince him to save Rey.
Galactic civil war breaks out, Holdo brands Finn, Poe and Rose as traitors
Luke and duels with Rey but Rey defeats them and they fall back

Few additions.

TheXbox

Can we shitcan all the speculation that Rey is Luke's daughter? I can't imagine he'd be such a dick to his own daughter.

It's a clear misdirection. Snoke's quote early on is to Rey (not Kylo), Rey quote at the end is to Snoke (not Kylo).

This would be so insane

And we discussed this years ago in a thread(I forgot which one) of where the story would head. Where Rey would turn evil(But she can't because that's cliche and it'd be bad), but she's doing it so she could master both sides.

It would be bonkers if this trailer is completely misleading and we had it all wrong. I'M SO EXCITED

Managed to grab Saturday tickets, but this shit is selling out way faster than I remember TFA. By tomorrow weekend tickets might all be gone.

Bentendo

I'm convinced that the scene where Kylo reaches his hand out is the past. Notice that the bandage that is prevalent is missing in that scene. Definitely misdirection.

jwillenn

No way Rey and Kylo joining forces i think it was clever editing :)

Kylo pretending to join...

betrays her to turn her in to Snoke...

I'm wrong...

but right about one thing...

Phasma beats Finn...

Finn undergoes crazy rewiring and is reassigned with the FO...

nah... still wrong...

Yeah, Luke was talking to the audience when he said this is not going to go the way you think...

****! got something right!

Not

Banned
pPqvjpl.gif

LEAVE REY ALONE! :mad:

Don't worry, she'll break out of there like a good Mary Sue would!

The only way Rey is getting out of this movie liked by the fanboys at all is if she's rendered helpless and has to be rescued by a dude

Preferably Luke and/or Kylo

Come on NERDS

didn't live up to the Force Awakens final trailer, but that's alright because that one was arguably the best trailer for the franchise. it was so good.

this, edited kind of weird but I'm liking the content at least. that ice fox thing looked cool too.

We don't need the damsel trope YET AGAIN guys. Free your mind.

Sole reason this isn't happening.

Plot twist: She isn't in distress.

I'm also guessing that Rey isn't a Palpatine Clone\Love Child. I think she is just so strong in the force that Luke is afraid that if he loses her like he did Ben that he would be dooming the galaxy.

Top Bottom