• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Sorry to see the event go, was good fun and makes me hopeful for future events.

Ended up pretty much getting everything as well.

I see in todays patch notes they've changed the Minefield boss on the new OP so you will always have to disarm a minimum of 4 mines, gonna be a nightmare.

How tough is the Nightmare Pilgrim? Guild is trying to hit up some of the achievement quests and we haven't touched him yet. How geared should folks be for it?

Heysoos

1.2.1 Patch Notes
4/24/2012
Classes and Combat
Jedi Knight
Sentinel
Zen (with Ataru Form) now correctly reduces the global cooldown of Cyclone Slash.
Smuggler
General
Charged Burst's damage has been increased by approximately 5%.
Gunslinger
Damage for Aimed Shot, Speed Shot, and Quickdraw has been increased by approximately 5%.
Sharpshooter
Trickshot's damage has been increased by approximately 5%.
Imperial Agent
General
Snipe's damage has been increased by approximately 5%.
Sniper
Damage for Ambush, Series of Shots, and Takedown has been increased by approximately 5%.
Marksmanship
Followthrough's damage has been increased by approximately 5%.
Trooper
Commando
Gunnery
Havoc Rounds now applies the correct healing increase to Kolto Bomb. It previously applied a smaller increase than intended.
Companion Characters
General
Companion quickslots now update correctly when a new companion is summoned, correcting an issue that could cause the previous companion's abilities to continue displaying on the new companion's hotbar.
Earpieces and implants now properly apply their stat bonuses when equipped on companions.
Flashpoints and Operations
Flashpoints
Lost Island
Resolved an issue that could cause Doctor Lorrick's lab door to become stuck while closed when the fight was not active.
Players now appear on Project Sav'Rak's platform after the encounter. This addresses an issue that could prevent players from completing the Flashpoint if all group members exited the area before using the bridge controls.
Operations
Explosive Conflict
The range of Stormcaller's Electric Discharge and Firebrand's Missile Barrage has been increased to 35 meters.
A total of 4 mines must now be successfully defused in order to complete the minefield encounter.
Chests in Hard Mode no longer drop Black Hole gear.
Items
General
The cost for PvP consumables has been reduced to 10 commendations.
Corrected an issue that prevented item rolling prompts from appearing for Custom (orange) items.
The cost for Rated War Hero PvP gear has been reduced. This does not impact the time required to obtain base War Hero gear.
Legacy
The Rocket Boost ability can now be used inside and isn't restricted by areas that do not permit vehicles. It cannot be used in combat or in Warzones.
PvP
Warzones
Alderaan Civil War
Players can no longer be knocked off of speeders while traveling to the battlefield.
Voidstar
Players no longer earn defender credit for defending a previously destroyed objective.
Space Combat
Corrected an issue that could cause Space Combat audio to fade out or pan inappropriately from the left to right speaker.
Drexel Sweep: Corrected an issue that caused the first several enemies ships to disappear upon loading into this mission.
Makem Te Assault: An issue that could cause the Smuggler player ship to clip through enemies at the beginning of this mission has been corrected.
UI
General
Helmets now work correctly when unifying colors on the character sheet.
An issue that caused stackable items to display incorrect stack numbers when replaced on the hotbar with another stackable item has been corrected.
The dialog for setting keybindings is now canceled properly if the player presses the "X" button to close it.
Corrected an issue that prevented the mail window from opening after refreshing the UI with the mail window open.
The World Map will now properly update as missions complete and/or progress.
Corrected an issue that sometimes prevented "new mail" notifications from functioning.
Character Creation
During character creation, Legacy Cyborg appearance options are now labeled.
The display of selected options in character creation has been improved.
Groups and Targeting
Group frames now appear correctly when the option "Use Operation Frames as Group Frames" is toggled off.
Guilds
Corrected an issue that could cause insufficient Guild Bank funds for repairs or respecs to appear even if sufficient credits were available.
Players will no longer become "stuck" and unable to receive a guild invite if they were sent an invite just before entering a cinematic or while the loading screen is present.
Social
Corrected an issue that prevented players from adding offline players to their friends list.
Players now correctly see a red phase gate (and are appropriately blocked from entering) if they are not permitted to join a group member's class phase.
Chat tabs now preserve the selected font size if they are detached from the main chat window.
The list in /who now automatically updates when the window is opened with the /who command.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
An issue that prevented players from logging out of the game if the ESC button was used to close the logout window has been addressed.
Corrected a sound issue that caused a loud, unintended sound on the Republic and Imperial Fleets (and potentially other areas with many characters present).
Corrected some issues with French and German in-game text/dialogue.
Corrected an issue that could cause characters in cinematics to appear grey in color.
Objects that can be interacted with will no longer stop glowing if players get too far away from them and then return..
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.1/4242012

Lain

Well, today canceled my subscription.
I still have the free month to play so I'll keep playing some more, but it is time for me to move on from this game, given my friends quit playing a month ago or so (they only came back briefly for those free 7 days, so I managed to at least get a couple HM FPs done), so me and the other friend still playing are just wasting our time doing nothing of worth in the game like dailies and leveling alts.

arimanius

Corrected an issue that prevented players from adding offline players to their friends list.

Thank god. That was so annoying.

Surprised they buff snipers. Always thought they were in a good spot and people just underestimated them because they aren't a flashy class.

Heysoos

Snipers/Gunslingers are fucking deadly. Hate fighting those guys alone. I'll just get snared by the time I see them, I can't use my leap to close the gap either, so they can just keep putting shots in me. If I don't disappear to get focus off me when they snare me, I'm usually done unless another player jumps in and focuses them. Deadly fuckers. :p Really is seriously underestimated class.

Snipers/Gunslingers are fucking deadly. Hate fighting those guys alone. I'll just get snared by the time I see them, I can't use my leap to close the gap either, so they can just keep putting shots in me. If I don't disappear to get focus off me when they snare me, I'm usually done unless another player jumps in and focuses them. Deadly fuckers. :p Really is seriously underestimated class.

Hard to tell since it seems like 60% of players are now rolling Mauraders. Too many glow sticks in my face to see any snipers

Somnia

I started the game with a sniper and loved it, decided to come back to the game recently and join Republic GAF as a Shadow (Emeric), but I really want to try a gunslinger too. Very underplayed class as everyone wants to move around and not learn new tactics.

HBroward

So happy to see those sniper buffs. I wonder if this is the weapon damage increase they mentioned, or if that is still coming also.

Edit: Chests in hard EC no longer drop black hole gear. :( Guess we missed that boat.

I also find it amusing they were complaining about burst and TTK in pvp, then buff one of the best bursting specs, marksmen sniper. I foresee more bitching ahead.

So happy to see those sniper buffs. I wonder if this is the weapon damage increase they mentioned, or if that is still coming also.

Edit: Chests in hard EC no longer drop black hole gear. :( Guess we missed that boat.

I also find it amusing they were complaining about burst and TTK in pvp, then buff one of the best bursting specs, marksmen sniper. I foresee more bitching ahead.

You also have to do a minimum of 4 mines in the boss, oh joy...

HBroward

You also have to do a minimum of 4 mines in the boss, oh joy...

That just provides more chances for our group to wipe if I would be potentially getting the title. It'll be fun. I have only really heard people having issues defusing 4 mines on hard, but I think our group has good enough dps for it not to be an issue hopefully.

Tarazet

Seriously, more Marksmanship Sniper buffs? I had a Followthrough crit for over 4900 in a D7 the other day. That's an attack that uses less than 10 energy and is instant.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm well aware of what an alpha test is. You'd think bugs that prevent you from completing a raid would be stamped out before beta, even. I alpha tested for LoTRO and all of the fights and mechanics worked long before there were even proper models for bosses, or textures for the room. How do you explain that? SWToR's launch was sloppy, the game was rushed out the door, you can't deny that.
I'm not denying that. I'm denying you and everyone else have been visiting Bioware's facilities and performing internal acceptance testing.

I think most people on GAF who want SWTOR to fail because they are still bitter about BW turning KOTOR from a single-player RPG series into an MMO.

That and the standard Bioware haters who are bitter they no longer make BG2-like games any more.

SWTOR is a great game and I enjoy it, in the end that's all that matters.

Wallach

Sniper buffs? Picked a good time to change mains, sweet.

On a side note the IA story is pretty fucking cool. Wish the other class stories were handled this well.

Miletius

Today's patch somehow broke my game. Now getting inconsistent crashes after exiting warzones. It's not terrible because it doesn't happen every time, and it always happens when I leave a WZ, but it's still rather annoying.

Yo man, GAF had no issues with that. Just cause Soultakers sucks...

Just kidding.
Come home.

---

Y HELLO THAR SNIPER BUFFS!

Don't tempt me..

Like I said to you last night I think I would struggle for a position in your ops and there one of the things I enjoy doing most.

Also... MVP!

Screenshot_2012-04-03_14_39_22_721174.jpg

Milly79

We doing nightmare pilgrim on saturday?

Umm, we will see. May have to plan it for a different day, as we have pushed our raid times forward and Blood was saying you guys wouldn't have many on at that time.

----

Also, going to throw this out there now, and will post again when the new thread goes up:

GAF Empire has cleared out the guild page, removing over 70 people that haven't logged in over 35 days. Most of them were from GAF. So, if at any point you would like to be re-invited, type /who The GAF Empire in game and whisper anyone from: Dark Council, Grand Moff, or obviously the Guild Leader.

Btw, who is making the new thread? Myself or Trevin need to PM you with the correct officers for GAF Empire (granted you're throwing this information in the OP).

Cystm

Send me your officers list too then, please. Like with ImpGaf, A boss kill screen shot would be nice to throw in with the OP.

HBroward

Anyone know what the exploit was?

Apparently people were able to sell an item for 2750 credits, and buy it back for 1 credit. Some people reportedly had over 750 million credits. I can't even imagine sitting there clicking that long! But yeah, some people cleared the gtn on their servers and bought everything available, in addition to all the legacy upgrades. Hopefully these people are banned or rolled back.

sangreal

Apparently people were able to sell an item for 2750 credits, and buy it back for 1 credit. Some people reportedly had over 750 million credits. I can't even imagine sitting there clicking that long! But yeah, some people cleared the gtn on their servers and bought everything available, in addition to all the legacy upgrades. Hopefully these people are banned or rolled back.

don't bet on it

HBroward

Predeesh, there are more than 2 egg spawn points on Alderaan, go find them and start camping!
Hey,

There are more than two egg spawns on Alderaan. From what I can gather so far, the community has not found all of them yet.
Georg "Observer" Zoeller
Principal Lead Combat Designer

Milly79

Predeesh, there are more than 2 egg spawn points on Alderaan, go find them and start camping!

Nah. I got two, you and Cam got one. That's good enough. :p

Plus I got the Squab now as well. :)

----

I think someone did do the CR bug on Keller's Void, however. A shit load of the augmented stuff has gone missing, and switching the rarity isn't helping. There are no melee weapons up anymore. It seems if they did it, they just hit the augmented stuff up. Unless all the auctions somehow expired at the same time...

Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but I got mail saying I sold stuff, but it wouldn't tell me what and how much it sold for. Nice. :\

Jomjom

Banned
Is there any way to get Social points while playing solo?

I rolled an Imp character, but all of my RL friends only play Republic, so I don't have anyone to do FPs with.

If the answer is no to my question, is there currently a GAF Republic guild on The Swiftsure I could join? I'm currently a level 32 Sith Jug.

Thanks!

markatisu

Is there any way to get Social points while playing solo?

I rolled an Imp character, but all of my RL friends only play Republic, so I don't have anyone to do FPs with.

If the answer is no to my question, is there currently a GAF Republic guild on The Swiftsure I could join? I'm currently a level 32 Sith Jug.

Thanks!

Run through Black Talon by yourself repeatedly I think is the right answer

sangreal

They would have no choice but to either ban or rollback these guys since one of them could literally wreck the economy on their particular server. I wouldn't ban then, but definetly roll them back a couple of days.

They didn't punish anyone for the big credit exploit after launch or any of the huge Ilum exploits, so I wouldn't expect anything

Francois424

Neo Member
They would have no choice but to either ban or rollback these guys since one of them could literally wreck the economy on their particular server. I wouldn't ban then, but definetly roll them back a couple of days.

They didn't do squat when the server opened and hundred of ppl (if not thoulsands) made millions and millions of credit using the same trick with other items.
Well, not entierely true... they did get one week ( ! ) of suspention, and then were free to go on shopping sprees and kept ALL their money.

I woudn't expect any better from them this time around.
/agreed with Sangreal

Miletius

They didn't do squat when the server opened and hundred of ppl (if not thoulsands) made millions and millions of credit using the same trick with other items.
Well, not entierely true... they did get one week ( ! ) of suspention, and then were free to go on shopping sprees and kept ALL their money.

I woudn't expect any better from them this time around.
/agreed with Sangreal

That's too bad. Things like this actually push me towards cancelling my sub. Playing the economy (fairly) is one of my pleasures in an MMO.

Top Bottom