• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Francois424

Neo Member
That's too bad. Things like this actually push me towards cancelling my sub. Playing the economy (fairly) is one of my pleasures in an MMO.

Look at it from the bright side: the richer ppl get, the more they spend on stuff.
So we're not "out of the loop" from the economy yet. =)

Miletius

Look at it from the bright side: the richer ppl get, the more they spend on stuff.
So we're not "out of the loop" from the economy yet. =)

It's just frustrating that the response to this issue, among others, is "eh, it happens lets just run with it." I understand that mistakes happen -- in fact, I expect that at any given patch there might be an error that requires customer service to react. I didn't expect, however, for them to be so lackadaisical about the solution.

HBroward

It's just frustrating that the response to this issue, among others, is "eh, it happens lets just run with it." I understand that mistakes happen -- in fact, I expect that at any given patch there might be an error that requires customer service to react. I didn't expect, however, for them to be so lackadaisical about the solution.

They aren't being lackadaisical about it. Here is a post about it they just made 30 minutes ago:
We're always watching for any potential economic exploits and correct them as a very high priority, and we absolutely do investigate and take action against anyone we've found that takes advantage of exploits like this. We actively monitor the game and have data that assists us in finding people who abuse game systems. Rest assured that players who have been found abusing any exploit will have appropriate actions taken against their accounts.

I'm sure by this time tomorrow we will hear the crying of those caught.

Francois424

Neo Member
I must say that I am (positively) very surprised...
Looks like they *finaly* decided to take the economy seriously.

Now all that we need are server consolidation to fix the low-pop issue on more than 50% of the servers and we'll be all set !

aett

The Oceanic server transfers were this week, right? Hopefully the rest of us can transfer soon. Not that it matters that much until the LFG tool is out.

Yaska

new QA is up

We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

Doesn't really sound promising.

aett

The new Q&A says that transfers aren't starting until Summer and will be only from/to certain servers. Eventually you'll be able to transfer as you wish, for a fee. At least LFG is confirmed to be in 1.3, but I think in the meantime I'm going to be sticking to TERA.

Edit: beaten by seconds

Francois424

Neo Member
I hope they try to "stuff" servers instead of "aleviating load" on the more stuffed ones.

Even if they would pay ME to transfer back to my old Low-Pop (nathema), I'd tell them to shove it.

aett

I hope they try to "stuff" servers instead of "aleviating load" on the more stuffed ones.

Even if they would pay ME to transfer back to my old Low-Pop (nathema), I'd tell them to shove it.

They should also take a page from TERA and grant bonus experience based on how long you wait in a login queue (starting at 10 minutes). Not useful for 50s, but great for leveling alts.

isny

napkin dispenser
The new Q&A says that transfers aren't starting until Summer and will be only from/to certain servers. Eventually you'll be able to transfer as you wish, for a fee. At least LFG is confirmed to be in 1.3, but I think in the meantime I'm going to be sticking to TERA.

Edit: beaten by seconds

Thank god, take my money so I can transfer to the GAF server and actually raid again =/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
lol wtf didn't they say dual spec would come out shortly after 1.2? Come on Bioware this is like my number 1 feature and the most wanted feature of a lot of people. Dual spec made WoW 100x better and 300x less frustrating. I hate how it seems as though they are purposefully delaying these big features for the sake of releasing them in a "1.X" patch. trolololol 1.3 already has new legacy and group finder, gotta wait another 2 months.

Enosh

Run through Black Talon by yourself repeatedly I think is the right answer
what?
you only get social points where there are other people in your party and scales depending on how many people there are in the party, the more the better

running bt at 50 with 4 other people is the best way to get social points outside of constantly leveling with someone

Miletius

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

This doesn't seem like the right way to go about this... so, "unmotivated" players are left to languish on dead servers?

Francois424

Neo Member
"unmotivated" probably meaning Inactive players, or those that only play the game 100% solo (ie: no GTN usage, no Crafting whatsoever, and quit at 50).
Personally, I needed too much money to burn to remain on my dead server (where GTN simply dosen't work).

If they target correctly (and dont open transfer to The heaviest server, but to the ones just below that level), it will help a lot. Let's wait and see I guess, but they should just've merged empty servers togetter and kept going until they reach a healthy population on another one. Then move on to the next batch of low-pop.

Oh well.

gatti-man

"unmotivated" probably meaning Inactive players, or those that only play the game 100% solo (ie: no GTN usage, no Crafting whatsoever, and quit at 50).
Personally, I needed too much money to burn to remain on my dead server (where GTN simply dosen't work).

If they target correctly (and dont open transfer to The heaviest server, but to the ones just below that level), it will help a lot. Let's wait and see I guess, but they should just've merged empty servers togetter and kept going until they reach a healthy population on another one. Then move on to the next batch of low-pop.

Oh well.

It read to me like non raiding non pvping non gtn selling. Keller's void pvp has been absolute crap lately.

FLEABttn

Banned
I wonder if they'll take faction into account when they open up certain servers to transfers. I know our guild can't recruit or pug for shit, but I found out from my buddy in a top 3 guild that they often have to spam general for up to 2 hours before their raid starts in order to plug a singular hole, regardless of roll required. But the sith side of the server is well off.

gatti-man

Quote:DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players except isaccard to get onto a higher population server. /quote

Fixed.

Izayoi

Banned
They aren't being lackadaisical about it. Here is a post about it they just made 30 minutes ago:

I'm sure by this time tomorrow we will hear the crying of those caught.
If it's anything like the previous exploits, "appropriate action" means a meager one week ban and nothing else. They're still free to use their ill-gotten riches as they see fit.

Meanwhile, they'll continue to permaban people who play the auction house and make money legitimately.

CzarTim

What's this? Nobody from TOR GAF trolling the TERA and GW2 threads? Don't tell me we're mature adults who don't shit on other people's fun.

Francois424

Neo Member
*snip* Meanwhile, they'll continue to permaban people who play the auction house and make money legitimately.

That really happens ? I've been playing the GTN since launch, and I have couple friends that have been doing it as well (albeit not 24/7) and we've been left alone so far.

FLEABttn

Banned
What's this? Nobody from TOR GAF trolling the TERA and GW2 threads? Don't tell me we're mature adults who don't shit on other people's fun.

To be fair, I shit in the GW2 thread, but only because I honestly think what I played today was the worst MMO beta I've played in the past 8 years, and yet this was the one with an entrance fee.

Not trolling though. Not trying to get a rise out of people for the hilarity of it, despite what others in the GW2 thread may think. There's so much wrong with what's going in in the game right now that it's embarrassing for Arenanet to even roll this out like it's something to be proud of, and about as embarrassing for the people in the GW2 thread to think that 1) I'm trolling and 2) there's going to be some miracle patch that smooths everything out by launch. There's never a miracle patch.

I liked what I played of Tera, but not enough to buy it. No need to badmouth it in its own thread.

Izayoi

Banned
That really happens ? I've been playing the GTN since launch, and I have couple friends that have been doing it as well (albeit not 24/7) and we've been left alone so far.
A couple of my guildmates got permas for it (though one of them got hit for "farming lockboxes" earlier and that may have been why it was a perma), and I recieved a warning. Part of the reason my guild stopped playing.

Francois424

Neo Member
A couple of my guildmates got permas for it (though one of them got hit for "farming lockboxes" earlier and that may have been why it was a perma), and I recieved a warning. Part of the reason my guild stopped playing.

That's just wrong. Especially from an MMO perspective.
Wow, just Wow. ;_;

Miletius

If they're unmotivated why would they care?

I guess the cynic in me reads "unmotivated" as "casual player who might not read the forums very much." Make of that as you will, I just think it's kind of one of these things they should do for low pop servers automatically.

Tera I thought was garbage from the beta weekends I tried, but whatever, if they like it let them you know? GW2 I'm going to be all over though too. But I usually play several MMO's at once anyways.

I wonder if they'll take faction into account when they open up certain servers to transfers. I know our guild can't recruit or pug for shit, but I found out from my buddy in a top 3 guild that they often have to spam general for up to 2 hours before their raid starts in order to plug a singular hole, regardless of roll required. But the sith side of the server is well off.

Well hope it's like WAR did where they gave free transfers controlled by who needed more players before they later had pay to transfer options. Eventually those servers that had the transfer from options where shut down and the remaining players were merged into other servers. I hope they do something like that, as merges are far more effective than controlled transfers which only a few people will notice any results from.

Enosh

To be fair, I shit in the GW2 thread, but only because I honestly think what I played today was the worst MMO beta I've played in the past 8 years, and yet this was the one with an entrance fee.

Not trolling though. Not trying to get a rise out of people for the hilarity of it, despite what others in the GW2 thread may think. There's so much wrong with what's going in in the game right now that it's embarrassing for Arenanet to even roll this out like it's something to be proud of, and about as embarrassing for the people in the GW2 thread to think that 1) I'm trolling and 2) there's going to be some miracle patch that smooths everything out by launch. There's never a miracle patch.
eh from what i have heard the only real problem is performance issues for some players, which i am confident they can fix until release
still not sure if i should actually get it (not in the beta) since i am really not feeling the combat system from the videos
in a time where MMOs have various procs, buffs and debuffs that change up your priority system along with WoW adding more and more secondary resources (both of which I really enjoy), I look at GW2s combat and it feels kinda, idk, bland, still not sure removing all resources except CDs was such a gret idea

also raids, I love raids, the shitty pve in gw1 is what made me quit it for wow in the first place

not interested in tera at all due to it's art style, don't feel the need to shit up their thread because of it :p

Milly79

Probably not the best place to ask/discuss this, but what was going on earlier on the fleet?

..or are you trollin' me.

image.php

Who?

Cystm

Anyone have any suggestions for a new thread title? I really need help...

I was thinking about using lines from the game.

"Somebody hates you? But you're sooo...likeable."

"Observation: I am awesome."

“You don’t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your subscription.”

"Is not broken, is a feature."

Edit: Yeahhhhhhhhhhh. :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

I posted in the thread a couple of times but I don't think I'm trolling despite the fact I have some criticisms. I didn't think GW2 is the end all be all of MMOs but it's a fun game for what I've played so far. Not planning on leaving TOR any time soon though.

Foudre was being a bitch (well, him and Azura) during a Gargath/Snowblind/Belsavis-what-the-fuck-ever world boss and pulling me with their Sorc pull.

I was just trolling him.

And you, kinda. :)

Extrication fascination! You love getting pulled be honest :p

Customer support got back to me:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your missing The unyielding title and karrggas palace speed run codex.

I am pleased to inform you that after confirming your eligibility I have been able to grant you the following entries to your character!"

<3

&#8220;You don&#8217;t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your subscription.&#8221;

"Master I have crafted something beyond perfection!"

Milly79

Extrication fascination! You love getting pulled be honest :p

Customer support got back to me:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your missing The unyielding title and karrggas palace speed run codex.

I am pleased to inform you that after confirming your eligibility I have been able to grant you the following entries to your character!"

<3

Bitch, please.

Seriously though, I just sent you a message about that a few hours ago... :lol

You better run more content with us. We know you want to come home. :)

aett

“You don’t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your subscription.”

"Better than getting shot at."

Bitch, please.

Seriously though, I just sent you a message about that a few hours ago... :lol

You better run more content with us. We know you want to come home. :)

Well i had like 15 mails and the customer support thing caught my eye first :(

Yea it was a good time, shame you kept trying to kill me and sabotaging our speed run, swear you were running after me on fab with the bomb on you!

I'll run with you guys any time, we smashed it

HBroward

&#8220;You don&#8217;t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your subscription.&#8221;

I'd be a fan of any HK line in there, considering (spoilers for 1.3)
he is supposed to be the big new feature of 1.3, gaining a rebuilt version as a companion!

And that was a great Nightmare run last night, thanks for running with us Azura!

Top Bottom