• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
JasoNsider said:
Damn, there really are a lot of Ottawa peeps here! Just so you know, I help to run a gaming meetup and will be doing a post-SC2 launch gathering.

http://meetup.com/techboom

Damn man. Sounds awesome, but sadly I have work this week (just graduated so I'm working full time at the CRA now). :(

I should join the group and meet up sometime though. :)

Hazaro said:
Need good stalker support for collosi, zealots much better for tanking since they cost no gas + warp in templar with 10 warpgates + insta storm

You need to toss in your army when you are maxed and your larva are built up and you have map advantage.

I was referring to how Idra seemingly always loses to Collosus. :lol

LaneDS

Man, it burned watching HuK lose that many Colossi without that thermal lance upgrade. No way that was intentional on his part, right?

LaneDS

Ultralisk victory round 2. Crazy.

Can't believe HuK lasted as long as he did that round with some of the mistakes he made.

This is my first time seeing a zerg player win (I've only seen a handful of matches) but I feel like it wasn't indicative of how a zerg commander CAN win. I mean he really didn't do much, army got decimated, got 2 ultras and a bunch of lings and that pretty much did it as he built a few more to add onto that.

Huk must have not played well. I'm no super competitive player so maybe I'm wrong.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-Pyromaniac- said:
This is my first time seeing a zerg player win (I've only seen a handful of matches) but I feel like it wasn't indicative of how a zerg commander CAN win. I mean he really didn't do much, army got decimated, got 2 ultras and a bunch of lings and that pretty much did it as he built a few more to add onto that.

Huk must have not played well. I'm no super competitive player so maybe I'm wrong.
It's more what you didn't see happening. (Idra being a master of when to make drones or make units and keeping his upgrade up while planning to use Ultra/ling (He got melee first).

Here's an interview with HuK.
http://www.fnatic.com/feature/7759/HuK-quot-I-want-to-be-the-next-Lim-Yo-Hwan-for-SC2-quot.html

wow, 7098 viewers on Day9's cast. He's got a nice little community building up for himself and it looks like he's already making some revenue with it with all the Razer plugs.

MrCompletely said:
wow, 7098 viewers on Day9's cast. He's got a nice little community building up for himself and it looks like he's already making some revenue with it with all the Razer plugs.

+ youtube views in the thousands...

I have still never played SC1.. Sigh.. How I wish they would release some mega high resolution patch to make it easier on the eyes. goddam.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Vigilant Walrus said:
I have still never played SC1.. Sigh.. How I wish they would release some mega high resolution patch to make it easier on the eyes. goddam.
SC1 is still beautiful and don't tell me it's nostalgia. Played and completed both original and Brood War just a month ago, looks great.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lol cannons into carrier. Sounds like a bronze player build. Ridiculous match. :lol

Dimaga should've just expanded after he expanded a baneling on WhiteRa's mineral line. Can't believe he continued to mass Banelings even after seeing that WhiteRa was going for Void Rays.

LaneDS

Yoshichan said:
SC1 is still beautiful and don't tell me it's nostalgia. Played and completed both original and Brood War just a month ago, looks great.

I won't tell you it's nostalgia, but I will hint heavily that you're wrong!

I love SC1, but it's an ugly, ugly game at this point. It hasn't aged well on both a 2D and 3D level (the CG, portraits).

Also, nice win by WhiteRa. As usual.

RavenFox

Banned
Zergling.jpg

Solid Zerg in the house

Narag

Yoshichan said:

Been playing it stretched out currently and it looks fine as always to me despite the improper presentation.

LaneDS said:
I won't tell you it's nostalgia, but I will hint heavily that you're wrong!

I love SC1, but it's an ugly, ugly game at this point. It hasn't aged well on both a 2D and 3D level (the CG, portraits).

For the cutscenes, briefings, and portraits, that's a given. To this day, I cannot fully make out how Kerrigan is supposed to look in her portrait. 2D I don't think has aged so poorly.

LaneDS

BananaBomb said:
So what's the deal with this game's DEMO? Are we getting one? Blizzard demos are the best. I loved sc1's demo so much.

No word on a demo yet. I'd imagine much later we will. But Blizzard has no need for a demo, it'll sell a bajillion (technical term) copies no matter what they do.

~Kinggi~

Banned
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Zealous awesome job on those youtube walkthrough videos. I just watched the first 14 all queued up in a row. I never played the first Starcraft but damn the story and voice acting is fantastic.

Makes the possibility of seeing the story continue in HD graphics with awesome cg suddenly awesome. Although i will say one of the cool things about watching SC 1 was how it switched sides between the races to get different perspectives. The fact that the first game is Terran only kinda sounds like a real bummer, since i found them to be the least interesting, even though they have comedic value.

Ill watch the rest of the videos tomorrow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know that mods only made SC1 look uglier!

IquEOiRKq.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Narag said:
Been playing it stretched out currently and it looks fine as always to me despite the improper presentation.

For the cutscenes, briefings, and portraits, that's a given. To this day, I cannot fully make out how Kerrigan is supposed to look in her portrait. 2D I don't think has aged so poorly.

It's true that looking at Kerrigan's portrait in Starcraft 1, she looks nothing like in Starcraft 2.

Then again, i don't recognize Raynor either. :lol

Kunan

holy crap that bust was insane! I thought Whitera had it for sure then suddenly everything detonated and the lings poured in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom