• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Bisnic said:
I don't want to pre-order online, i want to have the game tuesday, not 5 days later while i wait for shipping. So i'll have to go check the 2 EB Games or Futureshop around where i live.

If you have Amazon Prime they'll do release date delivery for free, and if not you can pay to have it there on Tuesday. Also there was a thread here recently about free one year trials to Amazon Prime with a valid .edu e-mail address. Obviously not sure if that would apply to you but it might be worth looking into.

Xamdou

joelseph said:
Not available for in-store pickup.
My bad, also retail Gamestop stores are sold out of the C.E's and are only taking regular SC2 editions for pre-order.

Bisnic said:
I don't want to pre-order online, i want to have the game tuesday, not 5 days later while i wait for shipping. So i'll have to go check the 2 EB Games or Futureshop around where i live.

I doubt your local GS/EB stores will still have any C.E editions of SC2 since their all reserve for pre-orders. Your best bet is to stop by your local Bestbuy if you really want the SC2 C.E.

Bisnic said:

5 days? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
watervengeance said:
5 days? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Note : I said 5 days, that doesnt mean its true. I just say a random number in my head because i know there is little chance i would receive it day 1 by online preorders.

Xamdou

I am so glad I was able pre-order SC2 Collectors Ediition for $75 back in April at Gamestop.com when they had their 25% deal! I opt for release day delivery so my copy of SC2 C.E will be at my doorstep on July 27th 2010 !^___^!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The Lamonster said:
Woah, nice OP!! What is the //: all about??

It's just a stylistic touch. It's just what I imagine might be at the beginning of a basic command line for a computer in the Starcraft universe. Kinda like "C:/>"

Bisnic said:

Don't bother going to EBGames or GameStop. They ran out of preorders for the CE at least a month ago. If you want the CE, online is your only safe bet.

Bisnic said:
Note : I said 5 days, that doesnt mean its true. I just say a random number in my head because i know there is little chance i would receive it day 1 by online preorders.

I know nothing about preorders. :(

Zealous you may or may not want to put something in the OP warning people that when they uninstall the beta client, it will delete any maps created in the map editor (it deletes the maps folder in documents) so everything should back that up if they made any maps.

Althoran

jasonng said:
Sorry, already taken.

To those worried about MP, why not play co-op? Still fun and a good way to tip yourself into the deep end.

Okay I will take another

5ydxjc.jpg

Xamdou

chaoticprout said:
I knew that, but I haven't seen anything with Collector's Edition confirmed.

You could order it online at Bestbuy.com and choose in-store pickup so your guaranteed a copy of the C.E on release day. Or you can call your local BB to see if the might launch includes C.E, but I am guessing it includes both.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, EB Games weren't taking anymore preorders for the CE when i called them.
Luckily, i called my local Futureshop and i was able to preorder it for tuesday from them.
Fuck Yeah. No waiting for shipping even though i was late.

About Co-Op vs AI. Is it still possible for jerks to turn off alliances when their allies least expected it so they can destroy them while they are defenseless? I HATED those guys in Starcraft 1.

Why are you guys getting the CE now? You know they're going to release a CE battlechest once all three are out right? It just makes too much sense.

Xamdou

Bisnic said:
Yeah, EB Games weren't taking anymore preorders for the CE when i called them.

Luckily, i called my local Futureshop and i was able to preorder it for tuesday from them.

Fuck Yeah. No waiting for shipping even though i was late.

About Co-Op vs AI. Is it still possible for jerks to turn off alliances when their allies least expected it so they can destroy them while they are defenseless? I HATED those guys in Starcraft 1.

That's awesome, playing this game day 1! :D

Also I expect the July/August pickup thread to be full of Collectors Edition of SC2, as opposed to the plain vanilla regular edition.

ZealousD

Jamesfrom818 said:
You know they're going to release a CE battlechest once all three are out right?

They've never done this. Why would you assume that they will?

Truant

Download is nearly complete. It bothers me that the game is on my harddrive, yet I can't play it. Someone unlock that shit now and I'll pay you double, Blizzard!

LaneDS

Jamesfrom818 said:
Why are you guys getting the CE now? You know they're going to release a CE battlechest once all three are out right? It just makes too much sense.

After twelve years, I'm not going to wait five more for such a thing (I'd be surprised to see them do a CE Battlechest personally).

I just want the artbook, and am interested to watch the Making OfDVD at least once. Will try to pawn off the Thor WoW pet if at all possible too.

Bisonian

Jamesfrom818 said:

I'm not sure why these two options are exclusive... <crosses arms>

Xamdou

Jamesfrom818 said:

I've waited 12 years for this and you want me to wait another 2+ years for a C.E BattleChest Edition of all 3 games? :lol

Phionoxx

quite possibly in on this game sometime after release. Never played SC before, was always more of a CNC type guy but everything I have seen about the game looks awesome.

Dresden

Had to cancel my CE.

...rent+insurance+parking fees for next semester. ;_; I'll have to wait another week after release.

Mudkips

Banned
Man said:

You've got plans to go to Bacchus Moon with your friends this weekend, when the foreman calls you back to the vespene refinery. What do you do?

"But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"
"You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done."

Bacchus Moon is a hub of illegal activity and vice... why would I go there?

Mos Eisley is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Man said:

I'm a Thor Pilot :O

The Dominion military is always in search of brilliant individuals capable of formulating complex battle strategies. You are not one of these people. But if there's one thing we've learned over the years, it's that sometimes you just need someone who likes to smash things. From your test results, you're a perfect fit for this role. What better way to satisfy your borderline psychotic thirst for destruction than in the comfy pilot seat of one of the Dominion's most powerful weapons to date: the Thor! With this neosteel behemoth at your command, you'll be given free rein to obliterate as many of our enemies' air and ground forces as your uncaring little heart desires. Leave any notions of finesse behind you -- if you had any in the first place -- and report to the nearest recruitment center on Korhal IV immediately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Saty said:
Can someone link the source for SC2 having around only 15 minutes of CGI?
What? ..

CcrooK said:
So ya think Blizz may add the Xel'naga as a playable race within the next two games?

Absolutely not. They may have some buildings and shit for xelnaga that you could use in custom though, like in war3.

godhandiscen said:
Play against me. There is no fucking way you are worse than me. I am by the far the worst SC player I know of.

Lies. I am worse, because I am good at the game, but always play like a pile of steaming horse shit. That beats out just being bad because of the potential that is just completely demolished.

Truant said:
I have a GTX295 in my gaming rig right now. What should I upgrade to? Preferably nVidia since I don't want to reformat my system drive. Nothing too noisy, but other than that I'm not being picky about the price.

You gotta be effing kidding.

Tenks said:
My GF has banned from talking about Starcraft2 around her. Apparently her ex-fiance got lost in the world of warcraft and is convinced I'm going to do the same with Starcraft2.

Leave this woman. She is clearly off her rocker. You should be allowed to play WoW even if you wanted, if you're an idiot enough to get "lost" in WoW that is a completely different disorder situation than just enjoying WoW. She should understand that. Banned you from talking about it? Fuuuuuuu this is the strangest 2 sentences I've ever heard someone say in my life.

The Lamonster said:
All I want is the Razer StarCraft mouse. Please release soon :*(

Just get an orochi, now. It's even got a blue light just for starcraft. Crazy DPI and bluetooth when you want it (i always use mine plugged in) makes it the best mouse around IMHO.

Jamesfrom818 said:

Wha??? You must be delirious. It makes no sense to wait for a *possible* CE of a game that has singlehandedly redefined the idea of blizzard and valve time. This is worse than HL2 EP3 for f sake. Good luck waiting until the rapture to recieve the CE battle chest.

MYE said:
Anyone?

:[

Time to put an end to these System Requirement shenanigans. There's two versions of Starcraft 2 everyone needs to understand. There's the normal, maybe 100-200 units on screen usual max Starcraft 2 that you'll be playing the majority of the time, then there's the custom game or 8 player 200 food fights that stall any computer. If you want to max out the 200 food fights, well good luck. Just buy anything and everything you can afford, and maybe youll manage above 30fps in those fights.

The normal game is much simpler though. I can 30fps on high settings any normal SC2 game on my dinky m11x with a 1.7ghz c2d and 335m (much less than a 260m). Anything better than that will be a solid 30fps almost the entire game. A 330m with a better cpu should be just fine.

2.26 ghz c2d is not too shabby. I have 2.26ghz c2d with a bullshit 3470hd ati card in my thinkpad that is half broken (crazy textures on aero and windowed games) and it does great on medium settings in normal games. Even does acceptably on something crazy like art of defense with 6 players.

There is a major difference between playing the game acceptably (30fps most situations) and playing it maxed or reliably 30fps. It takes a lot to get reliable 30fps in all situations, so dont aim for it unless you want to dole out the cash moneys. On a desktop, any 200 series geforce or higher with a 2.8ghz dual or higher will do just fine. Don't even consider a quad if you're aiming for SC2, as I imagine it will never use all 4 cores, ever. Get an SSD to always beat everyone else in loading times.

There's really not much else to say...YES your computer will play sc2 acceptably, NO it wont be reliably 30fps unless you shell out for the primo shit.

My netbook played at about 20fps on low gfx in normal games FFS.

Man

Okay, that is pretty low. 45min for a 20hour game? I hope that doesn't include point & click chatter (probably not as I would not describe those as scenes).

LaneDS

Man said:

Neat. Got Ghost as my result.

As you've guessed by now, this has all been a test. We know that you've always felt... different. When your mom told you that you were "special" for hearing voices in your head, she wasn't kidding. Our wranglers have identified you as an individual with tremendous psionic abilities. However, until you learn how to control these abilities, you pose a danger to yourself and everyone around you. Luckily, the Dominion has a place for "special" people like you -- the Ghost Academy. You are hereby recruited into this elite institute to train as one of the Dominion's elusive ghost operatives. Pack nothing for your journey. Where you're going, your past life is irrelevant.

ZealousD

Man said:
Okay, that is pretty low. 45min for a 20hour game? I hope that doesn't include point & click chatter (probably not as I would not describe those as scenes).

I'm sure it doesn't. Likely also doesn't include all the dialogue during missions.

LaneDS

ZealousD said:
I'm sure it doesn't. Likely also doesn't include all the dialogue during missions.

I'd say "likely" should be "definitely". I'm sure there will be far more than 45 minutes of story in the game. And I imagine there will be plenty of conversations with crew members on the ship in between missions that wouldn't fall into any of the above categories.

I'm sure while playing it nobody is going to think "man, this is lacking in story".

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HAttyboy said:
So, how many on GAF is Protoss?
Hopefully not too many, as I am one of them!

ZealousD

HAttyboy said:
So, how many on GAF is Protoss?

I played random during the beta, but I'll probably play Protoss as my main for retail.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so getting this on the first day.

im just torn between getting the limited edition or not...the flash drive and the mini pet dont seem worth 40 bucks....i guess the other stuff is cool but i have limited attention span for any of it

Tenks

Terran all up in this bitch

I played way more games as Zerg but Terran's OPness is too hard to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom