• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield's pronoun-removal mod has been banned by NexusMods, site confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Really, dude? The first thread you made on this that got locked wasn’t sufficient?

It's official word from nexus mods,

so...

6a6d1124cf69e5588588bc7e397598f6.png

If you're looking for a site which hosts mods censored by Nexus Mods, including the Starfield 'No Pronouns' mod, simply Google for 'Based Mods'

I will not link it here for reasons which will be blindingly obvious if you actually look at that site
Holy shit the mods on that site are horrible! For example "Historically Accurate 1800's Hogwarts - Makes the NPCs skin tone whiter".

Scared Grown Man GIF by Deadstream

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You can go online and find whole media centers who spends millions trying to fight against the use of pronouns...you are not being cancelled for it. Just that the cultural pendulum isn't on the side of people against it, they aren't being cancelled over it. The canadian law just says you cant discriminate on gender expression...but if I tell someone my pronoun is he, and they go out the way to go "she she she" they are just an asshole. Don't be an asshole, you know?
You can call yourself whatever pronoum you like ... and so do I ... thats what freedom means.... freedom is not you call yourself a CAT and I have to call you a CAT or Im a asshole ... freedom goes both ways

Having a law that forces anyone to call anyone whatever they feel like is anything but "freedom" ..

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

You can go online and find whole media centers who spends millions trying to fight against the use of pronouns...you are not being cancelled for it. Just that the cultural pendulum isn't on the side of people against it, they aren't being cancelled over it. The canadian law just says you cant discriminate on gender expression...but if I tell someone my pronoun is he, and they go out the way to go "she she she" they are just an asshole. Don't be an asshole, you know?
"being an asshole" shouldn't be grounds for jail time in the first place. Thats just a small group of loud individuals being manipulative control freaks because not everyone wants to go along with their fantasies.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
In other words, according to NexusMods, you can "objectify" women in video games!

pPSRJ0p.jpg

As long as you get their fuckiiiiiiiiin pronouns right?

Genius Reaction GIF

It's hilarious how the tables have turned on the feminist movement. They get completely ignored now it's all about the LGBTBBQCHICKENRIB brigade

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Damn whats that movie with the quote 'Its every Americans damn right to chose to be arsehole if they want', Demolition Man?.

Whatever happened to that kind of thinking. Thats 'free world' thinking, which is a bad thing in clown world it seems.
I genuinely believe the world is in dire need of more assholery. Too much colluding and manipulation when we should just be punching each other.

supernova8

Banned
Damn whats that movie with the quote 'Its every Americans damn right to chose to be arsehole if they want', Demolition Man?.

Whatever happened to that kind of thinking. Thats 'free world' thinking, which is a bad thing in clown world it seems.
Part of the problem is the younger generations (plus some older karens) who don't know how to just respectfully disagree.

The good thing about GAF (compared to reeeeeeeeeeeeee) is that (in most cases) people may have heated debates but in the end we know it's just words that don't mean anything. Some people are incapable of processing like that.

You can call yourself whatever pronoum you like ... and so do I ... thats what freedom means.... freedom is not you call yourself a CAT and I have to call you a CAT or Im a asshole ... freedom goes both ways

Having a law that forces anyone to call anyone whatever they feel like is anything but "freedom" ..
If you name is john, and I keep calling you chris, I'm an asshole...don't be an asshole...your life will have 0 impact by making someones a little bit better calling them their preferred pronouns. You have to go out of your way grand standing your politics in order to get fired for calling someone the wrong pronoun.
"being an asshole" shouldn't be grounds for jail time in the first place. Thats just a small group of loud individuals being manipulative control freaks because not everyone wants to go along with their fantasies.
Theres no jail time associated with calling someone the wrong pronoun. This is a false claim.

Stuart360

I genuinely believe the world is in dire need of more assholery. Too much colluding and manipulation when we should just be punching each other.
Its funny i mentioned that quote without even realizing the context because that messed up world in Demoliton Man is the kind of loopy world we will get 30 or 40 years from now if the world carries on as it is. With the 'dinosaurs' like Stallone, and even the Simon Phoenix character, being the voices of reason in a messed up 'utopia' world lol.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Nope. Having a sense of righteous indignation, against behavior which denies a fundamental reality of human nature, is definitely NOT stupid...sorry. This becomes especially the case, when the people/groups/activists (whomever) require that you participate in their delusion and disorder.
First the left went overboard.., and now the right has gone firmly overboard as well.. and so it goes around and around..

No one is denying your reality, it's rather just a another challenge for your view of the society we live in. None of this is going to make the world nor biology cease to exist.

Last edited:
Of course it is a statement. Think about why they specifically targeted that mod for removal. They are likely members of reeee.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
If you name is john, and I keep calling you chris, I'm an asshole...don't be an asshole...your life will have 0 impact by making someones a little bit better calling them their preferred pronouns. You have to go out of your way grand standing your politics in order to get fired for calling someone the wrong pronoun.

Theres no jail time associated with calling someone the wrong pronoun. This is a false claim.

Freedom is freedom... politics have fuck all to do with this ... I can choose to not participate in another person delusion... thats my choice.. and if you want to enforce on me.. the asshole here is you

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I thought choice and inclusion was the whole point? Most people in the world are still singular traditional pronouns and not promouns for multople people. You can't force your beliefs on everyone, it's a choice. Respect goes both ways. Anything else is pure communism.

Guilty_AI

If someone refused to use a preferred pronoun — and it was determined to constitute discrimination or harassment — could that potentially result in jail time?

It is possible, Brown says, through a process that would start with a complaint and progress to a proceeding before a human rights tribunal.

Unknown?

No one's life will be better by letting them believe in Santa Clause.

This is nothing like calling someone the wrong name purposefully. If your name is Bill and I call you Joey despite knowing you don't like it, that's assholery, because it's your legal name. Calling you He/Her when you want to be called Ze/Zur is not assholery because that's what the person is and anything else is made up.

Last edited:
I truly believe the only reason someone would download this mod is because they are scared they themselves may use various pronouns unless the option is taken away. Its hilarious how people get triggered by things that don't affect them at all, it's just an option

Guilty_AI

I truly believe the only reason someone would download this mod is because they are scared they themselves may use various pronouns unless the option is taken away. Its hilarious how people get triggered by things that don't affect them at all, it's just an option
No one would know this existed if it wasn't taken down. Its been decades and people still haven't figured out the streisand effect.

And there's a big chance the mod was made to generate this exact reaction in the first place.

decisions

Removing the mod is stupid enough (is it really a thoughtcrime to say, "I want to mod my Starfield to just have men and women in it"?), but the complete spinelessness of doing so while not being able to stand behind it and say it is a political statement is so lame.

Doing that is an instance of the rhetoric that "my stance is not part of any argument, it is simply the truth" which is often used by people who can't defend their positions. It was a popular strategy in elementary school.

Last edited:

Hoppa

the effort it took to make a mod for this in the first place. just click the he button and play the game

LRKD

It's not political, it's just pronouns they aren't a big deal. EVERYONE has them. But if you mod them out it's political AND a big deal. HOW DARE YOU!!!

Guilty_AI

Doing that is an instance of the rhetoric that "my stance is not part of any argument, it is simply the truth" which is often used by people who can't defend their positions authoritarian figures and manipulative people. It was a popular strategy in elementary school nazi germany, facist italy, communist soviet union, and also used by abusive partners.
fixed

LakeOf9

Good, no reason for them to host content they obviously don’t agree with (and I mean if the inclusion of an incidental pronouns menu option in the character creator once in a 100+ hour game bothers you so much you want to actively mod it out of your game then you’re an easily offended loon and I have no real sympathy for you)

DeaDPo0L84

Not a political statement yet proceeds to allow multiple mods catering to the "other side". If you're gonna be a douche concerning mods at least man up and admit it, or they/them up.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

You can say the same thing about your post. Why are you so triggered about this mod that lets people remove an option in the game on their PC? Let them, this doesn't affect you at all.

Joramun

It is too bad they have become political. I used to really like that site. The whole point of mods is the freedom to change the game as you wish.
  • You can only mod the way they want you to mod
  • You can only speak the way they want you to speak
  • You can only dress the way they want you to dress
Where will it end?

ryzen1

Imagine being triggered by a single dropdown on the character creation screen, which option has no effect on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom