• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Don't know if this was posted, but Bioshock Infinite for $13.59, and a free copy of Mafia II, which the code will be emailed to your inbox within 10 days. Finally biting on Bioshock.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/426

There's a coupon that makes it even cheaper, someone posted it in the previous thread.

How come no one is talking about La Mulana for 3 dolllars? Surely this is the cheapest it has been.
We had the discussion in the previous thread.
Steam thread moves fast ;)

Tenrius

A new thread already? The previous one was started on August 14, where did the whole month go, damn it? ...

I know I'm going to think the same thing in a month or so, when there is a new thread, and this thought depresses me.

Your optimism and faith in Microsoft doing something for their users is adorable.

Can we leave this stuff for the XOne vs PS4 threads? No need to muck up a Steam thread with the anti-MS rhetoric until we hear what the plans are. There's 9 months before games could be potentially shut down. Yes, it stinks nothing has been announced yet. But this whole Microsoft is the Devil stuff is getting tired.

Dambrosi

Banned
Joining thread for the records.

Stalker games always stutter for me, I'm not sure if its HDD related, it was alot worse with my old HDD but even the new one has issues, anyone have this before? Happens when spinning or exploring
Fortune Summoners is the only game that does this for me. and it's a 2D side-scroller! Must be a compatibility issue, though I'm damned if I can find a solution. Otherwise, I've not had a single problem with any 3D game stutter-wise. Lucky me.

For what it's worth, I too am worried about what will happen to all my GFWL-encumbered games. I don't want my Motorstorm or SSF4 AE to just become unplayable due to this.

Miker

*SNIFF*

New thread smell!

Although I'm really waiting for Amazon to change the price for the Tomb Raider/Sleeping Dogs/Hitman pack.

Turfster

Can we leave this stuff for the XOne vs PS4 threads? No need to muck up a Steam thread with the anti-MS rhetoric until we hear what the plans are. There's 9 months before games could be potentially shut down. Yes, it stinks nothing has been announced yet. But this whole Microsoft is the Devil stuff is getting tired.

This has nothing to do with the console bullshit.
As a developer that got bitten twice on stuff Microsoft just dumped support for when they were 'done' with it (Silverlight, XNA) and a gamer that can't even play half his GFWL infected games, I've earned my bitterness.

Grizza

There's a coupon that makes it even cheaper, someone posted it in the previous thread.

We had the discussion in the previous thread.
Steam thread moves fast ;)

Doh! I probably payed a whole $2 more than I needed to. I hang my head in shame.

Mugatu

Lazy question, didn't GTA 4 use GFWL?

Anyone know if that's been patched out?

Sorry, my copy is through Gamestop and I don't have it installed at the moment.

Cheddahz

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Eets Munchies -- MB-E56952CA31CC7932
La-Mulana -- MB-1B51F2E2FBD23DD4

t1379383410z1.png
La Mulana is excellent, hope whoever wins it will enjoy it!

This has nothing to do with the console bullshit.
As a developer that got bitten twice on stuff Microsoft just dumped support for when they were 'done' with it (Silverlight, XNA) and a gamer that can't even play half his GFWL infected games, I've earned my bitterness.

CosmicQueso: "All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid"

Turfster: "It keeps me warm"

Grief.exe

Your optimism and faith in Microsoft doing something for their users is adorable.

I am always very optimistic about these type of things.

I'm not fully versed on how digital property rights and ownership function, but not issuing that type of patch could open Microsoft up to a variety of law suits.

When we purchased that product we entered into an agreement that they would be able to provide the service.
Rendering the product unavailable could cause many legal issues.

Stitch

Gold Member
Yay, new thread. Have some free games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-B5C7AB98D68F10D1 - Taken by Spawn
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-D502C1BA549A9024 - Taken by MajorMelchett

The_Monk

Nice raffle fellow GAFfer Cheddahz!

---

So, I've been playing Dead Space 1, I think this may be the best from them all so far. Only in Chapter 5 but the audio is amazing.

Kammie

Wow, the modbot thing is fancy. Nice work to whoever put it together.

I got excited for a second seeing that a Rambo game was coming out. The excitement lasted about as long as it took me to look it up in YouTube. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
that makes me wonder, are GFWL game saves saved locally or only through GFWL? do the saves still work after the game has converted from GFWL?

Locally, in Dark Souls case. Dunno about others but Dark Souls is in My Documents->NBGI->Dark Souls->Saves and your save is there.

----

As for CoD4: Mic fix works but is impractical as I shouldn't have to plug in a mic to boot the game. Plus the game isn't grabbing my mouse to let me aim/move my view. It's pure WTF.

Turfster

I am always very optimistic about these type of things.

I'm not fully versed on how digital property rights and ownership function, but not issuing that type of patch could open Microsoft up to a variety of law suits.

When we purchased that product we entered into an agreement that they would be able to provide the service.
Rendering the product unavailable could cause many legal issues.

A quick perusal of the Live EULA says they are not responsible for "third party features, the use thereof and claims relating to them", unless otherwise required by law, and that they can change the service for any reason or no reason.

They probably covered their ass, legally, and will point at the companies that made the games... some of which don't exist any more (THQ et al)
I think our best case scenario is hoping the companies do the change themselves, like we're hoping is happening for Batman and Bioshock.

Jawmuncher

Nice raffle fellow GAFfer Cheddahz!

---

So, I've been playing Dead Space 1, I think this may be the best from them all so far. Only in Chapter 5 but the audio is amazing.

It's definitely my favorite. Played the hell out of it on 360.
Someday i'll go back and play the whole series on PC.....Though I still need to grab Dead Space 2 on the cheap for that. Really wish they would've added that in the Origin Bundle.

The Cowboy

I was really eyeing that Red Orchestra and thought I needed 5 posts.
It could have been mine!

Just so it doesn't look like I'm taking all the keys, I've been wanting to try FTL for a while now and just managed to grab it from Stitch's modbot (thanks Stitch), is it OK for me to just give this person the RO key instead of doing another modbot with it (I haven't actually used it yet)? - I don't feel good about taking 2 keys in such a short period of time.

Let me know gods of Steam thread! (or Cyberquake).

A quick perusal of the Live EULA says they are not responsible for "third party features, the use thereof and claims relating to them", unless otherwise required by law, and that they can change the service for any reason or no reason.

They probably covered their ass, legally, and will point at the companies that made the games... some of which don't exist any more (THQ et al)
I think our best case scenario is hoping the companies do the change themselves, like we're hoping is happening for Batman and Bioshock.

Yeah I don't think Microsoft have anything to worry about. If anything I would expect disabling GFWL in games automagically would get them into more trouble due to licensing agreements.

Best we can hope is that they keep some aspect of the service running for activation, or the companies that still exist step in to remove it.

Jawmuncher

Just so it doesn't look like I'm taking all the keys, I've been wanting to try FTL for a while now and just managed to grab it from Stitch (thanks Stitch), is it OK for me to just give this person the RO key instead of doing another modbot?.

Let me know gods of Steam thread!.
Nah man you earned it. I've gotten my fair share of Steam Keys from GAF.
I was just joking around about MROranges post.

Shit I have all the games and have not played one of them. Hope Sega makes Relic patch them if need be.

koolaroo

How I feel everytime I boot up LoL for friends.

I would give the game more of a chance but every time I play either I get berated for sucking or my teammates suck as bad as I do and we can't even beat bots on easy. I figured after leveling to almost 30 in LOL this game would make more sense and yet...

Turfster

Just so it doesn't look like I'm taking all the keys, I've been wanting to try FTL for a while now and just managed to grab it from Stitch's modbot (thanks Stitch), is it OK for me to just give this person the RO key instead of doing another modbot with it (I haven't actually used it yet)?.

Let me know gods of Steam thread! (or Cyberquake).

Just don't trade it for RAGE.
On a more serious note, my 2 cents is that it would be okay.
If you really feel uncomfortable with it, you could do a new giveaway/raffle for it yourself.

So I got that message a while ago about being limited to 200 listings on the Steam market, and there's a counter, but it doesn't seem like it's updating. I went through my market history and I've sold 185 items, but the counter says I've created 181 listings. Kind of worried about accidentally going over the limit, anyone know how long it takes for the counter to update?

Jawmuncher

I would give the game more of a chance but every time I play either I get berated for sucking or my teammates suck as bad as I do and we can't even beat bots on easy. I figured after leveling to almost 30 in LOL this game would make more sense and yet...

MOBAs for me take as much skill as Fighting Games. You're either good at them or you aren't. If you aren't you better be willing to invest to get better. Which is a pain as you said when you have unsupportive players.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War -- MB-538731DFE9097B4D - Taken by Rob N Banks

New thread, new giveaway.

Tellaerin

La Mulana is excellent, hope whoever wins it will enjoy it!

I'm in it to win it. Nice giveaway!

(You know, seeing that avatar makes me "hear" all your posts in this breathless, ultra-excited anime girl voice when I read them. I think it's the expression that does it.)

Tenrius

So I got that message a while ago about being limited to 200 listings on the Steam market, and there's a counter, but it doesn't seem like it's updating. I went through my market history and I've sold 185 items, but the counter says I've created 181 listings. Kind of worried about accidentally going over the limit, anyone know how long it takes for the counter to update?

Why do you worry about that? If you're outside the US, you just have to agree to a form stating this fact. If you're in the US, I believe they'll need your social security number for their files, but it won't mean any additional taxes unless you earn more than a certain (fairly large) amount. Let someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom