• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Anyone know?

GFWL encrypts save games in order to protect their specific achievements.

You will probably lose your save when the games are converted over, but it is possible the studios may leave in a way to read those saves.

What I'm getting at is I very much doubt that the games will generate and read save game data the way it currently functions.

Jawmuncher

Since I'm deploying next week and won't be able to see my lovely Steam Gaf for a bit thought i'd do a decent giveaway. Might do some more during the week. All I ask is whoever wins plays it relatively soon (I know how those Steam Backlogs can be).
EDIT: I'll add Mafia 2 whenever I get it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock: Infinite -- MB-9F62C4BD4DA21EFE - Taken by Purkake4. 41 entrants total.

t1379384625z1.png

jsrv

GFWL encrypts save games in order to protect their specific achievements.

You will probably lose your save when the games are converted over, but it is possible the studios may leave in a way to read those saves.

What I'm getting at is I very much doubt that the games will generate and read save game data the way it currently functions.

well damn, I guess I should be glad I didn't spend time on the PC version of Dark Souls yet assuming they'll convert it later down the line

The Cowboy

Just don't trade it for RAGE.
On a more serious note, my 2 cents is that it would be okay.
If you really feel uncomfortable with it, you could do a new giveaway/raffle for it yourself.
Yeah, just don't like taking to much TBH (especially 2 in under 1 hour), so I nuked the code and am posting it again.

Credit for this key goes to Cyberquake as it was originally a key he/she posted (so if you get it please thank him/her).
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad GOTY -- MB-FF5ED545CBDA3F65 - Taken by Grief.exe

yoshizzle

Since I'm deploying next week and won't be able to see my lovely Steam Gaf for a bit thought i'd do a decent giveaway. Might do some more during the week. All I ask is whoever wins plays it relatively soon (I know how those Steam Backlogs can be).

Very nice giveaway!

Stay safe!

Sajjaja

Awesome giveaway. Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, where are you deploying to?

Cheddahz

Banned

Wait, you're deploying next week?!? Well be safe man, just from talking to you on here, you seem like a cool dude and I wish the best for you

The_Monk

I wish the very best of luck to you when deploying fellow GAFfer, we will be here, waiting for your return. Stay safe out here.

Oh and nice giveaway. I already entered for La Mulana giveaway so I won't enter for this one, because I wouldn't feel okay with myself. But good luck to everyone entering!

Grief.exe

What branch Jawmuncher?

Will miss seeing you around various threads.

Thanks for the giveaway Major! I've been on the fence about trying that game!

denx

Awesome giveaway, thanks!

OverHeat

« generous god »

Be safe, is it your first tour? I was in Afghanistan in 2010-2011 as infantry and I loved the experience

The Cowboy

Very nice giveaway. Stay safe out there matey.

Jawmuncher

What branch Jawmuncher?

Will miss seeing you around various threads.

Thanks for the giveaway Major! I've been on the fence about trying that game!

I wish the very best of luck to you when deploying fellow GAFfer, we will be here, waiting for your return. Stay safe out here.

Oh and nice giveaway. I already entered for La Mulana giveaway so I won't enter for this one, because I wouldn't feel okay with myself. But good luck to everyone entering!

Wait, you're deploying next week?!? Well be safe man, just from talking to you on here, you seem like a cool dude and I wish the best for you

Awesome giveaway. Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, where are you deploying to?

Very nice giveaway!

Stay safe!

Awesome giveaway, thanks!

Very nice giveaway. Stay safe out there matey.

Be safe, is it your first tour? I was in Afghanistan in 2010-2011 as infantry and I loved the experience

I wish you all the best and hope you have a safe return Jawmuncher, try and post when you can.

Stay safe over there.

Take care, Jawmuncher. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Stay safe, okay?

Ah a new thread, how exciting to take part in it early on instead of just lurking.

Stay safe in the sandbox Jawmuncher.
First, Thank You for your service. Keep safe.

Second, great giveaway.

Wow, very nice giveaway! Finished it recently and loved it even more than the first Bioshock.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll be deploying to Afghanistan and am with the active army. Depending on my work situation you still might see me pop up on steam gaf from time to time. Hopefully they haven't blocked neogaf on the work computers there lol. Was great R&R after work hours last deployment.

Kammie

Here's a free game.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-5D7C66E2EC49C0CB - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 1 entrants total.

t1379375266z1.png

denx

Gotta say I'm disappointed in the lack of an anniversary Steam sale, but I'm even more disappointed in what Activision called a "sale". Goddammit Activision, how hard is to put your games in a decent sale??

Turfster

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll be deploying to Afghanistan and am with the active army. Depending on my work situation you still might see me pop up on steam gaf from time to time. Hopefully they haven't blocked neogaf on the work computers there lol. Was great R&R after work hours last deployment.
Take care, Jawmuncher. Hope to see you back with us soon.

yoshizzle

Gotta say I'm disappointed in the lack of an anniversary Steam sale, but I'm even more disappointed in what Activision called a "sale". Goddammit Activision, how hard is to put your games in a decent sale??

That Activision sale was the worst.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah a new thread, how exciting to take part in it early on instead of just lurking.

Stay safe in the sandbox Jawmuncher.

The_Monk

Depending on my work situation you still might see me pop up on steam gaf from time to time. Hopefully they haven't blocked neogaf on the work computers there lol. Was great R&R after work hours last deployment.

That would be really nice fellow GAFfer. Hope you can give us a "Hi guys, everything's fine!" while you there.

Stay safe, okay?

Wow, very nice giveaway! Finished it recently and loved it even more than the first Bioshock.

Jame Retief

Neo Member

First, Thank You for your service. Keep safe.

Second, great giveaway.

Jawmuncher

Just another post to say thank you all for the kind words.
That long post i've been editing with all the encouraging quotes is great to see.

Tenrius

I've been playing MoH: Airborne, by the way, got to the third level (there are six in total). It's a nice game, the graphics are still pretty good (I remember it being the first UE3 game I ever played, was really impressed), the gunplay is fun enough and even the absolutely super high difficulty level I'm playing on doesn't feel unfair.

It feels like the game is only a few steps away from true greatness though. Sure, you paradrop every time you load a checkpoint and you can choose where to land every time, but it's ultimately a gimmick: your options are pretty limited and while you can land on an otherwise unreachable rooftop and sneak somewhere, it doesn't matter much in the long run, because you still land in the same general area. I had a moment when I had to load the same checkpoint several times in a row, because I kept dying, and it became very apparent that you don't really have much of a choice in regard to landing positions. If only the levels themselves were bigger and you could choose the actual jumping spot as opposed to just steering in the right direction.

Still, it feels like a very decent game, which entices you with all the joys of modern on-rail shooters while maintaining a quasi open approach to level design. A typical level has multiple mission objectives located in different map corners and you can tackle them in any order, a scheme not often seen in the modern FPS genre. Besides, it's been a long time since I played a WWII shooter, so the setting is nice for a change (never would have thought I'd say it, but times change).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
New thread, yay!

How the hell did I get the 5th place on the wall of shame? Ever since 2 weeks ago I'm not able to post from work (or even log in). Do I really spend that much time here outside of work?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It would be awesome if modbot could take all the unclaimed codes from the last thread and post them here.
At the end of September, Stump is going to put all keys that are at least one month old up in a free-for-all giveaway.

Presumably this will continue happening monthly, so if you want you can just wait for that to happen instead of plumbing the old thread.

MRORANGE

New thread, yay!

How the hell did I get the 5th place on the wall of shame? Ever since 2 weeks ago I'm not able to post from work (or even log in). Do I really spend that much time here outside of work?

I blame mobile-GAF, wait until GAF start using push notifications on iOS and Android for thread reply's, it's game over for all of us.

derExperte

Why do you worry about that? If you're outside the US, you just have to agree to a form stating this fact. If you're in the US, I believe they'll need your social security number for their files, but it won't mean any additional taxes unless you earn more than a certain (fairly large) amount. Let someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

If he ever used a (maybe fake) US address just filling out that form will lead to Valve asking for additional info. It took months before they finally sent me the mail in which they requested that info and only Gabe knows when they'll get to verifying it. So if he's in the same situation as I am...

PS Oh nice, wall of shame, didn't think I'll make. Gotta tell my parents, so proud.

Veezy

que?
Love this thread. Trying to get involved in some more multiplayer gaming on steam, but I'm kinda regulated to a controller due to my room set up. Can anybody recommend some good online games that are playable with a controller? Side request, any good local multiplayer games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom