• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Since I'm deploying next week and won't be able to see my lovely Steam Gaf for a bit thought i'd do a decent giveaway. Might do some more during the week. All I ask is whoever wins plays it relatively soon (I know how those Steam Backlogs can be).
EDIT: I'll add Mafia 2 whenever I get it.

Entered, great giveaway. Thanks and be safe — a deployment in Afghanistan doesn't exactly sound like a vacation. How long is it going to be, like a year or so?

Just adding to the bunch but I've always enjoyed your posts Jawmuncher, stay safe! Great giveaway, hope whoever gets the game enjoys it.

Love this thread. Trying to get involved in some more multiplayer gaming on steam, but I'm kinda regulated to a controller due to my room set up. Can anybody recommend some good online games that are playable with a controller? Side request, any good local multiplayer games?

Sonic allstar racing transformed for all of those. And it's currently on sale :3

The_Monk

New thread, yay!

How the hell did I get the 5th place on the wall of shame? Ever since 2 weeks ago I'm not able to post from work (or even log in). Do I really spend that much time here outside of work?

So this is why you have been less productive? Ah, Get back to work!

Best regards,

Your Boss

Not really your Boss, keep posting, really like your impressions and opinions good sir!

Grief.exe

Love this thread. Trying to get involved in some more multiplayer gaming on steam, but I'm kinda regulated to a controller due to my room set up. Can anybody recommend some good online games that are playable with a controller? Side request, any good local multiplayer games?

Spelunky and Sonic Racing would be great for local multiplayer with controllers.

Lingitiz

Divekick probably.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Man, those summer sale threads moved at an insane pace, especially the first couple of days.

Where 100 posts per page is needed, otherwise you'll hit refresh and three pages will have been added. What fun.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, King of Fighters XIII, Volgarr The Viking, Rogue Legacy, and DC Universe (free to play as well),

Sajjaja

FIGHTING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!

Jawmuncher

Entered, great giveaway. Thanks and be safe — a deployment in Afghanistan doesn't exactly sound like a vacation. How long is it going to be, like a year or so?
Thanks.
Yeah just about.

I blame mobile-GAF, wait until GAF start using push notifications on iOS and Android for thread reply's, it's game over for all of us.

Mobile GAF is definitely where a lot of my posts come from. Never hurts to whip out the phone for a sec and do a post. Though it really adds up.

Miletius

Thanks.
Yeah just about.

Mobile GAF is definitely where a lot of my posts come from. Never hurts to whip out the phone for a sec and do a post. Though it really adds up.

Same. GAF is good on pub trans, when I get home I am rarely on -- too many other distractions. That's probably why my posts are riddled with bad grammar and spelling though.

Retne

I blame mobile-GAF, wait until GAF start using push notifications on iOS and Android for thread reply's, it's game over for all of us.

This would be absolutely devastating to my work. I'd be checking my phone constantly and get stuff done way slower.

Tellaerin

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll be deploying to Afghanistan and am with the active army. Depending on my work situation you still might see me pop up on steam gaf from time to time. Hopefully they haven't blocked neogaf on the work computers there lol. Was great R&R after work hours last deployment.

Well, crap, man. I had no idea. Stay safe and God bless, and make sure to keep in touch with us here when you can!

Jawmuncher

Same. GAF is good on pub trans, when I get home I am rarely on -- too many other distractions. That's probably why my posts are riddled with bad grammar and spelling though.

Oh I definitely know the feeling. My iphone auto corrects badly and I never seem to catch it.

Well, crap, man. I had no idea. Stay safe and God bless, and make sure to keep in touch with us here when you can!

Thanks and I definitely will.

Acccent

Celebration for this fine new steam ot episode

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

La Mulana -- itshiddensomewhere

t1379376976z1.png

edit: this might be kinda hard considering the time limit, haha. If no one finds it I'll do a normal giveaway.

ss_lemonade

Since I'm deploying next week and won't be able to see my lovely Steam Gaf for a bit thought i'd do a decent giveaway. Might do some more during the week. All I ask is whoever wins plays it relatively soon (I know how those Steam Backlogs can be).
Great giveaway! I didn't enter because I'm already in the La Mulana raffle.

Stay safe!

Whools

It's a few years old but Castle Crashers is fun, I remember seeing some complaining about it's local multiplayer though, IIRC you can't play with a KBM and Controller, you need 2 controllers or something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to get La Mulana, but I'm a little bit scared of its difficulty. It's a good game, isn't it?

But my 3G connection is crap, I rarely get a sliver of internet when I'm outside.

Man, I wish you good luck, and most important of all, please take care. Hoping to see you post here again soon.

So this is why you have been less productive? Ah, Get back to work!

Best regards,

Your Boss

Not really your Boss, keep posting, really like your impressions and opinions good sir!
Hahaha, actually now that GAF is partially blocked I have no option but to work :(

Lurking and not being able to post doesn't feel nice. It's like being banned without being banned. Thanks for the kind words Monk, you're as classy as always!

Jawmuncher

I

Man, I wish you good luck, and most important of all, please take care. Hoping to see you post here again soon.

Great giveaway! I didn't enter because I'm already in the La Mulana raffle.

Stay safe!

Thanks Guys. I'll definitely try to pop up when I can.

ahaha okay guys I won't underestimate you anymore.

You don't know the horrors people go through for free games lol.

Cheddahz

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Eets Munchies -- MB-E56952CA31CC7932
La-Mulana -- MB-1B51F2E2FBD23DD4

t1379383410z1.png
Reposting this for anyone who didn't see it!

ss_lemonade

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is pretty sweet. I just haven't had the time to play much but I'm cool with some online racing
Why?! I did find it! It was hardass btw.
For more competition lol (I'm in the raffle too T_T)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been gone all day but come home to find a nice new thread! You guys rock.

And thanks MRORANGE for putting the Enhanced Steam OT in the first post. :)

I'd like to get La Mulana, but I'm a little bit scared of its difficulty. It's a good game, isn't it?

I haven't been hooked on to it. Guess it's too much of a puzzle for me but I want to do a blind run.

I don't think there's anything too remarkable about it besides its difficulty to be honest. The mechanics aren't that hard the main problem is there are not a lot of hints on where exactly to go and it's easy to get lost /confused with room puzzles. If you've played Shadow Complex you know exactly where to go. Even SOTN (and actually all the DS Castlevania games) have "natural" paths to follow. Here there's like three separate areas near the entrance part of the dungeon and it's easy to just get deeper and deeper to get lost.

If you read the steam community forums though most people play with a guide when they're stuck. There was like one guy in a recent thread out of ten who said he beat it blind.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If it's not an update so I don't die every five feet, I don't care.
Where do I sign that petition?

I haven't been hooked on to it. Guess it's too much of a puzzle for me but I want to do a blind run.

I don't think there's anything too remarkable about it besides its difficulty to be honest. The mechanics aren't that hard the main problem is there are not a lot of hints on where exactly to go and it's easy to get lost /confused with room puzzles. If you've played Shadow Complex you know exactly where to go. Even SOTN has path to follow. Here there's like three separate areas near the entrance part of the dungeon and it's easy to just get deeper and deeper to get lost.

If you read the steam community forums though most people play with a guide when they're stuck. There was like one guy in a recent thread out of ten who said he beat it blind.
Sounds exactly like the kind of game I play for 20 minutes and end up hating. Didn't know it was so confusing, thought it was just hard. I'm tempted to pass then.

Acccent

eh, I guess ModBot has trouble editing posts from which I've manually removed the code. Whoever won the game, let me know!

FYI: the post had the "It's on my profile" message hidden in an email tag, and the code was on my steam profile :)

Adnor

Banned
Finished Binry Domain. Was expecting something more after reading so many recomendations in NeoGAF, but it was a pretty cool game. Didn't get the best ending though.

BruteUA

Celebration for this fine new steam ot episode

edit: this might be kinda hard considering the time limit, haha. If no one finds it I'll do a normal giveaway.

Thanks a lot! I'm not sure whether to feel like a detective or a stalker for finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom