• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

you're a much better person that i am for trying to deal with this crap
there's some all right people in this forum but sometimes when i browse a thread and three quarters of the answers are console/pc warriors flinging shit at each other i can't help but feel like this is gaf and all right people are just a minority

by the way, if you're as kind in real life as you are here then you must be like a fucking sunshine for your relatives

Like everything else, in this world there are good things and bad things as well good and bad people. It's up to you who you want it to be and focus on. And by the way, who I am here I simple am everywhere. I find it funny how some people react more to a person who focus on the good things rather than on the bad ones. I think it's because, if you on GAF trollin' or being harsh to a game/company/GAF member it's "Ok, 'cause it's GAF" but to me it's the other way around. I'm glad Moderators to their jobs but sometimes I feel they have way too much work in that matter, they could use a break.

.GAF next-gen threads and r/gaming are other places to stay away from if you wish to have continued faith in humanity.

I've seen in here some harsh comments but the worst ones are the ones when GAFfers react to other GAFfers instead of a game/company/etc. Personal offenses towards anyone simply because they share different opinions it's what shocks me the most.

I think it can be just as infectious and inluential as the negative and abrasive behaviour commonly seen elsewhere on GAF.

This is what I believe! We have the power to be influential for good and for bad, it's our choice to choose a "side". Always a pleasure to read your posts.

OK, I decided not to wait to pay it forward from my earlier Modbot win . Here's your chance to win a game before it is released. Thanks again Steam thread and GAF for being such a welcoming community, hope you enjoy it!

That's amazing, you won my second most wanted title and now you give me a chance to have my first most wanted title. Thanks for the chance and for the kind words towards the Community :)

OK, I decided not to wait to pay it forward from my earlier Modbot win . Here's your chance to win a game before it is released. Thanks again Steam thread and GAF for being such a welcoming community, hope you enjoy it!

Great giveaway. I'd be all over it, if I didn't own it myself already. :lol

Performance in AC4 isn't that great, unsurprisingly. The game runs at a lot lower framerate than it should. Never dips under 30, but it'll fluctuate between that and 60 with no go-between. Very jarring.

I said wow.

I am not entering as I am still to play the first one thanks to a lovely fellow GAFer. Still, nothing is getting played but FTL since I got sick and needed a chicken soup game to play. Oh well, the backlog will still be there when Mistress
Master
FTL is finished having their way with me.

I've entered a few ModBot giveaways lately and while I can't compete with the generosity shown in the last few pages here are a few select games; I tried to pick good ones!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anodyne -- MB-7F86F0E6F397DC75 - Taken by Tolerance
Bastion -- MB-70EBB513D95C8B4E - Taken by KamenSenshi
Hamilton's Great Adventure and DLC -- MB-E092472EF36A3030 - Taken by Kifimbo

Storm360

Ah, that blows, At a time where I may either be playing or not playing alot lately depending on how things go, and if it's the latter wouldn't mind some other people getting use of my library.

Either way, Its for the best I guess, I'm paranoid of VAC and my CD Keys being used.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's up to us to make this place a better place every time we post fellow GAFfer. As an example, I know I've written many posts that were right to the bottom of a page and many were ignored because a troll post was "stronger" and got more hate from others. As an example, I just made a post on the Xbox One thread couple of days ago to wish them all good luck, have fun, etc etc and then, right above said post an ex-GAFfer (banned) said he was hyped, happy that some PS4's are having problems and Killzone and Knack are not games. I mean... it added nothing to the discussion and only brought more pointless hate towards each other.

It's sad when I see those posts, it really is, but for every bad or sad post one makes, another good one can also happen, it's up to us. I mean... sometimes I feel I'm like Ned Flanders you know, from Simpsons and I almost loose my faith but then I remember that episode when he met a similar Flanders but on another Town and that gives me hope because I know there's plenty of great people in here. The others just don't know -yet- how lucky their are to be part of this Community and sometimes it takes a Ban for them to understand that, which is a shame. As for myself, I will never stop because I truly care about these fellow GAFfers that build this Community every day.
<3

If you are ever feeling down, you can always count on Monk to make your day brighter. A shining beacon of hope in a raging ocean of despair.

Man, thank you. This is a fantastic giveaway, and you're incredibly kind and generous.

Soooooooo

I bought Guacamelee from the Humble Bundle store on the $7.49 deal. Am I not able to gift a key? There is no gift box icon next to the Steam key box. I really just wanted it for the DRM free since I already have it on Steam. Have they completely removed the ability to gift at all now?

Sadly it's basically a port of an iOS game.
Darn, it doesn't look... terrible? I guess reviews shouldn't be hard to find.

Also, I completely forgot there was a remake/new series/whatever of this show coming out! Looks like it started airing in France a week or two ago.

I bought Guacamelee from the Humble Bundle store on the $7.49 deal. Am I not able to gift a key? There is no gift box icon next to the Steam key box. I really just wanted it for the DRM free since I already have it on Steam. Have they completely removed the ability to gift at all now?
You have to give the person you want to gift it to the Humble Key/URL they give you in the email. They did it to prevent people from buying Steam keys cheap then onselling them at high markups.

Edit: This sort of link: https://www.humblebundle.com/?key=xxxxxxxxxxxx

-Deimos

Soooooooo

You can still gift by sending the link. I don't remember how it works exactly.

Or if you have the steam key, just send that to the recipient.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-3627E6B0A8377CE5 - Taken by vvise

Yes, third time was the charm and beat XCOM Enemy Unknown on my first playthrough. I have to admit though that I played it on easy - however I did not load a single time after missions so those soldier who died also stayed dead - including my other colonel sniper. I lost total of 17 soldiers and the ingame the playthrough lasted 234 days.

Victory didn't come easy though:
Three of my soldiers got mind controlled in the last room, had to put one of them down. Luckily one of them broke free from the mind control (4 turns I think it last) and shot the final blow to the enemy. I actually thought the alien I shot wasn't the boss but maybe I just got confused..thought the boss went hiding in the back and I shot one of the "side guys"
. Anyway very honored by the acts of the heroes of XCOM team, you did well. Onto next playthrough, will be starting at normal of course, probably at Ironman aswell.

Awesome game and will be playing it for a long time. Luckily bought old XCOMs for under 4 euros total too on steam so will be great to play them too. I'm not actually sure whether I have played them in the 90s.. one XCOM-like game I do remember from like over 10 years ago, finnish developed Payback Time 2 was pretty good and enjoyable game back then, I think it missed management compared to XCOM though.

Bought Outer Limits bundle, funny how Race Injection includes 7 steam entries, they have actually taken JaseC needs into consideration. Here is a spare from the bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:[/highlight
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you past.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-6D8AF30C0459AD42 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Well, I can help you out with it if you're interested lol. It's $6 here.
Thanks, but it's alright for now! I did love the Stronghold series back in the day, made for some awesome LAN gaming.

Played Payday (first one) for the first time with a couple of friends last night. It's pretty fun!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (Ubi Shop Code from AMD) -- MB-83F069296BB8CBEE - Taken by toddhunter
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-B8FF6FA8B0143B69 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Basement Collection -- MB-E76D1A143E5EA321 - Taken by valouris

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Shank 2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

louiedog

Wolves and dogs are basically the same thing.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-0A25F2735BA3C90B - Taken by bronson. 78 entrants total.

t1384914439z1.png

Lain

Pretty cool giveaway, thanks for creating it.

Tellaerin

You guys have really gone above and beyond when it comes to generosity. It's something I really appreciate, especially considering how broke I've been these past few months. I'd like to do something a little more elaborate once the winter sale hits if I can, but for the time being, here's a little something.

The bitComposer bundle (Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves) is one of those funky new Humble keys, so you should get a URL rather than a key. (I didn't realize it'd be a single key for all four when I picked it up.) PM me if there's a problem.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-ABFFC1F513118AD8 - Taken by FauX
Warfare -- MB-E491061D3DBE2F5D - Taken by Aitor
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-9B24BB597BA811E2 - Taken by gwynplaine
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-5BB42A3FB8DFE21F - Taken by Eanan
Insane 2 -- MB-D450BD32B8F406FD - Taken by user237
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-1A497C96F16741B0 - Taken by jediyoshi
Race Injection -- MB-D3F69E90E0BBD9F1 - Taken by Firehead
Humble bitComposer Bundle -- MB-21A494FFF734B43F - Taken by bronson
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-6690D211B0DEF31C - Taken by Grampa Simpson
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-2B962291675B2A31 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-D89827E53E19B5E0 - Taken by Purkake4

zkylon

zkylewd
Assassin&#8217;s Creed®IV Time Saver: Collectibles Pack
This pack will save you time by revealing all of the collectibles locations on your map. Note that you will still need to travel to these locations and beat the game play in order to get the rewards.

ac4 why do you do this

and there's one for each kind of collectibles

jasec ubi found out how to tap into both your weaknesses lol

You guys have really gone above and beyond when it comes to generosity. It's something I really appreciate, especially considering how broke I've been these past few months. I'd like to do something a little more elaborate once the winter sale hits if I can, but for the time being, here's a little something.

The bitComposer bundle (Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves) is one of those funky new Humble keys, so you should get a URL rather than a key. (I didn't realize it'd be a single key for all four when I picked it up.) PM me if there's a problem.

Thanks for Hydrophobia! Been wanting to check it out and always missed past giveaways for it.

Eanan

hmmm seems I win gumboy even though I entered for race injection :S

Good old modbot alwyas throwing those curve balls :p

Cheers anyway

jediyoshi

Thanks! The bundle is pretty rad, would've picked it up if I didn't already own BoT and Hydrophobia

Interesting to see Axis Game Factory and MF2 getting released on steam. Getting quite a good collection of tools now.

Who wants to make a game with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom