• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see Axis Game Factory and MF2 getting released on steam. Getting quite a good collection of tools now.

Who wants to make a game with me?

OK, I could find Axis Game Factory on Steam, but what is MF2? I added A.G.F. to my wishlist by the way. This is one of the things I love about being here, all the exposure to stuff I might not have considered had I been on my own.

OK, I could find Axis Game Factory on Steam, but what is MF2? I added A.G.F. to my wishlist by the way. This is one of the things I love about being here, all the exposure to stuff I might not have considered had I been on my own.

Ah they are calling it "clickteam fusion" now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/248170/ (MF2 is multimedia fusion 2)

Used for games like big sky, angry video game nerd adventures, boshy etc

Purkake4

Banned
You guys have really gone above and beyond when it comes to generosity. It's something I really appreciate, especially considering how broke I've been these past few months. I'd like to do something a little more elaborate once the winter sale hits if I can, but for the time being, here's a little something.

The bitComposer bundle (Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves) is one of those funky new Humble keys, so you should get a URL rather than a key. (I didn't realize it'd be a single key for all four when I picked it up.) PM me if there's a problem.
Thanks!

Parsnip

Extra from bundlestars.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-F90AA2C21AB5AE6D - Taken by Accoun

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump, what happens when you are entered in multiple raffles at one time?

Every 35-45 seconds ModBot wakes up and checks to see if it has any work to do. It will first process creating new giveaways, then dealing with entries, then dealing with draws, then sending receipts and loot statements and stuff.

The entry stage works like this: Check the PM. Did they enter for two games in one PM? If so, reject. Next, have they already entered for another game in the same giveaway? If so and the giveaway is not free-for-all, reject. Otherwise accept the entry.

The dealing with draws stage works as following: Are there any non-raffle giveaways? If so, draw them awarding the win to the first person to enter who meets the rules. The rules are based on the giveaway itself with the exception of the global 15 minute throttle timer which I have explained before. This is the point in time where your last win timer is compared to the global throttle or per-giveaway timer rule. Move on to raffle giveaways. Give me a random raffle giveaway whose timer has expired. Draw them awarding the win to a random person who entered who meets the rules. Do a total of 3 draws, leave any other draws pending in the queue for next time.

So basically if there's a free-for-all giveaway for Bastion and Limbo and you enter for both. ModBot randomly picks to process Limbo first. You win it. It now starts the Bastion giveaway. You win again, but since less than 15 minutes have passed you don't meet the rules and another draw occurs and then someone else wins. If the free-for-all giveaway has, say, 100 games, then more than 15 minutes will pass before the beginning and the end, so you could potentially win more than one.

Purkake4

Banned
Every 35-45 seconds ModBot wakes up and checks to see if it has any work to do. It will first process creating new giveaways, then dealing with entries, then dealing with draws, then sending receipts and loot statements and stuff.

The entry stage works like this: Check the PM. Did they enter for two games in one PM? If so, reject. Next, have they already entered for another game in the same giveaway? If so and the giveaway is not free-for-all, reject. Otherwise accept the entry.

The dealing with draws stage works as following: Are there any non-raffle giveaways? If so, draw them awarding the win to the first person to enter who meets the rules. The rules are based on the giveaway itself with the exception of the global 15 minute throttle timer which I have explained before. This is the point in time where your last win timer is compared to the global throttle or per-giveaway timer rule. Move on to raffle giveaways. Give me a random raffle giveaway whose timer has expired. Draw them awarding the win to a random person who entered who meets the rules. Do a total of 3 draws, leave any other draws pending in the queue for next time.

So basically if there's a free-for-all giveaway for Bastion and Limbo and you enter for both. ModBot randomly picks to process Limbo first. You win it. It now starts the Bastion giveaway. You win again, but since less than 15 minutes have passed you don't meet the rules and another draw occurs and then someone else wins. If the free-for-all giveaway has, say, 100 games, then more than 15 minutes will pass before the beginning and the end, so you could potentially win more than one.
When does it check the "haven't won a game in last day/week"? Is it when you enter or when the actual draw happens?

Grief.exe

Thanks Stump

When does it check the "haven't won a game in last day/week"? Is it when you enter or when the actual draw happens?

Sounds like the drawing takes place, then it checks if you meet all of the throttle rules. If you don't check out, then it draws from the pool again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

As I noted in the post you quoted:

The dealing with draws stage works as following: Are there any non-raffle giveaways? If so, draw them awarding the win to the first person to enter who meets the rules. The rules are based on the giveaway itself with the exception of the global 15 minute throttle timer which I have explained before. This is the point in time where your last win timer is compared to the global throttle or per-giveaway timer rule.

So, when the draw happens, not when you enter.

denx

I noticed that a lot of items being sold on the market were wiped away earlier today. It seems like Valve deleted item entries whose prices were too low. For example, Beat Hazard cards were selling for less than $0.10. Now they are selling for around $0.15. Don't know if this was a glitch or if Valve is actively taking action to stop market prices from crashing into the ground.

On one part, this is good since I can now make more money from cards. On the other hand, this meant I had to repost on the market most of my items since their entries were deleted. That was sorta annoying. :p

Caerith

I noticed that a lot of items being sold on the market were wiped away earlier today. It seems like Valve deleted item entries whose prices were too low. For example, Beat Hazard cards were selling for less than $0.10. Now they are selling for around $0.15. Don't know if this was a glitch or if Valve is actively taking action to stop market prices from crashing into the ground.

On one part, this is good since I can now make more money from cards. On the other hand, this meant I had to repost on the market most of my items since their entries were deleted. That was sorta annoying. :p
It was probably a glitch. There are still a lot of things selling for the same (dirt cheap) prices they were a week ago. Can't say if they're the exact same items, but it doesn't seem to be a case of Valve messing with the market.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good news!

Enhanced Steam for Firefox has now been updated to version 4.4 and has been fully certified by Mozilla.

The update should install automatically when you restart Firefox.

Woohoo passed 500 with this bundle!

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Razor2: Hidden Skies -- MB-9E6C4C2444B653BD - Taken by drizzle
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-F956116C4EB3DE78 - Taken by Cth
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-3C34D3CCFA40DDDF - Taken by denx
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-147D9A33FD6B088B - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Is Valve/dev's cut 10% off market purchases? I forget. If it is (or less) I could see Valve setting a floor on prices to make sure they get SOMETHING back from those transactions. Dunno if that's what happened, though, given other comments in this thread.

Caerith

Is Valve/dev's cut 10% off market purchases? I forget. If it is (or less) I could see Valve setting a floor on prices to make sure they get SOMETHING back from those transactions. Dunno if that's what happened, though, given other comments in this thread.
Valve's cut sets an effective floor of $0.03 (you make $0.01). At $0.02 you make $0.00 and at $0.01 you make $-0.01. You might laugh at the idea of owing Valve money, but you won't be laughing when Garry crowbars your knees.

Cth

Thanks bobnowhere for Hydrophobia.. i remember playing the demo on XBL a while back and havent had a chance to see what they improved!

denx

It was probably a glitch. There are still a lot of things selling for the same (dirt cheap) prices they were a week ago. Can't say if they're the exact same items, but it doesn't seem to be a case of Valve messing with the market.

It probably was a glitch. The market has been shitting the bed for most of the day, but I dunno.

Woohoo passed 500 with this bundle!

Extras:

Thanks for UFO! That game has been on my wishlist for ages.

cicero

woah. Sorry if this is a little late, I just logged in now and noticed it. Thank you very much, Swatseal, for Magicka Plus Crusader Kings II. I appreciate it very much.

AsylumX

The thing is that the market rules are set so that Valve and the Developers make more money when you sell things at $0.03 than at $1.00. Don't get fooled by the money earn per transaction, you must look at the percentages they charge for that transaction. Valve + Dev charge 66,6% of the sale at 0,03 and that goes down to the minimum that is 15%. Also, you need to take into account that if things are dirty cheap more people will buy them, so you increase your accumulated sales volume. And even if that doesn't happen, 66% of 300 is more than 15% of 1000. Win - Win scenario for valve + devs...

It's pretty rewarding though. A lot of them are actual mini puzzles instead of just laying out in the open like in Asylum and they unlock a ton of challenge maps.

I'm liking it, there's just A LOT. Especially some green ones can only be gotten by Catwoman, albeit not too many. The cats are too separate, so it can get annoying.

I just noticed the typo in my old post. God, I've doing that too much lately.

Geedorah

I'm liking it, there's just A LOT. Especially some green ones can only be gotten by Catwoman, albeit not too many. The cats are too separate, so it can get annoying.

I just noticed the typo in my old post. God, I've doing that too much lately.

hehe, gonna have to go back to this post too for editing <3

I loved collecting 100% of the trophies in each Batman game - Origins was definitely the "easiest", but I still found it a lot of fun. The puzzles in the open world were just flat out lazy however - like 6 were hidden in the same damn outbuilding-on-the-roof thing you gel open...

Yes, third time was the charm and beat XCOM Enemy Unknown on my first playthrough. I have to admit though that I played it on easy - however I did not load a single time after missions so those soldier who died also stayed dead - including my other colonel sniper. I lost total of 17 soldiers and the ingame the playthrough lasted 234 days.

Victory didn't come easy though:
Three of my soldiers got mind controlled in the last room, had to put one of them down. Luckily one of them broke free from the mind control (4 turns I think it last) and shot the final blow to the enemy. I actually thought the alien I shot wasn't the boss but maybe I just got confused..thought the boss went hiding in the back and I shot one of the "side guys"
. Anyway very honored by the acts of the heroes of XCOM team, you did well. Onto next playthrough, will be starting at normal of course, probably at Ironman aswell.

Awesome game and will be playing it for a long time. Luckily bought old XCOMs for under 4 euros total too on steam so will be great to play them too. I'm not actually sure whether I have played them in the 90s.. one XCOM-like game I do remember from like over 10 years ago, finnish developed Payback Time 2 was pretty good and enjoyable game back then, I think it missed management compared to XCOM though.

Bought Outer Limits bundle, funny how Race Injection includes 7 steam entries, they have actually taken JaseC needs into consideration. Here is a spare from the bundle:

Oh well done :D. Easy is not so easy is it!?! :) Funnily enough that's exactly how I played it too. I think I only quit out and re-started a couple of times. The first time was because of an annoying glitch where one of my favourite snipers clipped i.e. fell right through the floor to outer space :/.

cicero

Woke up this morning and decided to check the coming soon section on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261940/

captureuys9i.png

You have no idea how much emotion that one screenshot brought on. My childhood is now apparently one day away from being on steam, heck I even have a cat named Zia.

It is just....wow.

Wow. I had no idea there was even a The Mysterious Cities of Gold game coming out. Those mid to late 1980s cartoons on Nickelodeon were fantastic. So many good memories watching this and all of the other cartoons during that great period for animated television. Were you also a fan of Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartakus_and_the_Sun_Beneath_the_Sea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIgB0C7ygSY

AsylumX

Risk of Rain is very addicting, I can't believe I have already put 16 hours in playing a game that I bought 5 days ago.

Wow that's a lot of playtime. I'm really interested in this game right now, but I'll take my chances and wait for a 10% or 20% discount during the comings sales.

Ugh, my girlfriend is amazing. She gave me my Christmas present early. 50 dollars in Steam credit.

Now the wait for the Christmas sale begins. I don't even think there's anything I want right now. Anyone? Recommendations? Using a Gt425 on a laptop. No idea what to buy in the meantime.

Lunaniem

Ugh, my girlfriend is amazing. She gave me my Christmas present early. 50 dollars in Steam credit.

Now the wait for the Christmas sale begins. I don't even think there's anything I want right now. Anyone? Recommendations? Using a Gt425 on a laptop. No idea what to buy in the meantime.

I would just recommend waiting for the Autumn sale next week if you can.

Anustart

I'm liking Deus Ex more on my new computer. Playing it on my laptop wasn't a great experience because I was in this futuristic setting with inconsistent framerates. Just hit China and having a better experience.

mikeGFG

Banned
Guys, I'm going to dump my 360 at Best Buy tomorrow in exchange for a $100 Steam Wallet card.

When the holiday sales hit, thats like 200 games right there

XdDoK80.jpg

Wow. I had no idea there was even a The Mysterious Cities of Gold game coming out. Those mid to late 1980s cartoons on Nickelodeon were fantastic. So many good memories watching this and all of the other cartoons during that great period for animated television. Were you also a fan of Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartakus_and_the_Sun_Beneath_the_Sea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIgB0C7ygSY

Yep big time.

Oh god that opening takes me back...a long way back :( The suggested videos on youtube are not helping either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ighLADtZU. Damn.

I wonder how much the game will be. Guessing $15 from the kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom