• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

How do I buy these deals in the UK?

Will I get into any bother if I do?

Shove in any old US address as your billing address. Try to keep it to a state where they don't charge sales tax to make it cheaper (Googles head office address works quite nicely) then just use your card as normal. It works fine.

Just be careful on your next physical purchase for Amazon. Sometimes it will use that address as your shipping address and Google will get whatever you ordered!

FloatOn

hey guys I'm done with my 3DS games and can finally come back to ste-

*zelda comes out*

boo-this-man.gif

That would be good news; hopefully it would mean that 2K is one of the publishers Valve was talking about when they mentioned a number of them were working on SteamOS versions of their games. Even if this would only apply to their more PC-focused games (Firaxis), that would still mean Civ 5 could have a Linux version at some point as well.

That may actually happen. There has been rumors floating around since October that XCOM, Borderlands 2 and Civ 5 will be coming to Linux from 2K Games. XCOM is already listed in the SteamDB, so it's a 100% guarantee at this point.

When Valve first announced SteamOS and Steam Machines, they used this promotional image:

controller_livingroom.jpg

Notice that the two cats are playing Civ 5? I think that's a given too.

Hasney

How was AA5? I still need to finish AAI, which I stopped playing on the 2nd case because Poke Y came out.

The second best one behind AA3 for me. Absolutely adore everything about it and my housemate had to tell me to shut up during the last case due to me yelling at the console with all the twists.

That may actually happen. There has been rumors floating around since October that XCOM, Borderlands 2 and Civ 5 will be coming to Linux from 2K Games. XCOM is already listed in the SteamDB, so it's a 100% guarantee at this point.

When Valve first announced SteamOS and Steam Machines, they used this promotional image:

controller_livingroom.jpg

Notice that the two cats are playing Civ 5? I think that's a given too.
They did demo the Steam Controller on Civ 5.

FloatOn

nothing like 3ds talk in the steam thread to muck up your morning.

totes jelly

edit: also, I really need to learn how to play civ 5 one day.

AHA-Lambda

Shove in any old US address as your billing address. Try to keep it to a state where they don't charge sales tax to make it cheaper (Googles head office address works quite nicely) then just use your card as normal. It works fine.

Just be careful on your next physical purchase for Amazon. Sometimes it will use that address as your shipping address and Google will get whatever you ordered!

Use US billing address.

Check if you bank has an international charge and if so how much.

Thanks guys.

Can anyone tell em the difference between the 2 battlefield 4's on offer? One is instant access and the other is not?

These two, I can't tell:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BXONG7G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FYX1ESK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

JakeD

does anyone know if the retail version of Alice: Madness Returns requires origin? google seems to say yes, but the store page doesn't mention it.

Hasney

does anyone know if the retail version of Alice: Madness Returns requires origin? google seems to say yes, but the store page doesn't mention it.

A retail key will activate on Origin, I know that.

As for the disc... Not sure because it was in those early days of Origin where it may not be *required*

Luckily we have Streaming incoming.

That's probably what that cat is doing. Streaming to the big TV because they can, selfish bastard.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The second best one behind AA3 for me. Absolutely adore everything about it and my housemate had to tell me to shut up during the last case due to me yelling at the console with all the twists.
Nice! I need to finish AAI then, so I can get that one. Sadly I bought Kid Icarus last week, so I may not go back to it right away.

And by "sadly" I mean "this game is so absolutely fantastic that other games are probably going to have to wait because of it".

How I feel after a night of Civ V.

what_year_is_it.jpg

That game sucks away time like nothing else. I just had to wipe out France...

Even with careful management of my time, that game stole 40 to 50 hours of my life very quickly.

The Gods & Kings expansion didn't do much to hook me, but I just bought the Brave New World expansion from GMG, so we'll see if that does a better job.

Hasney

Yeah, there's 3 logos on the friends list. The globe thingy is logged on through the Steam website, phone for mobile and TV for Big Picture mode.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ah, yes. The wisdom of the great Mister Wood.
This is a good day.

Although, in this day and age, the crazy sales age, it's more like "don't pay more then five bucks for four videogames".
Good times.
Crazy good times.

In other news; The Shivah: Kosher Edition releases tonight. Last chance to buy the game for four bucks instead of five. It may be just one game, but I think it's worth it nonetheless.
Really looking forward to it. :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It has one of the worst most bullshit ending segments ever designed. I damn near quit the game for good and I suspect a great many people did.
You mean at the twist?
Inside the burning cabin?
That shit was crazy at hard. Nanosecond stuff.

Loved the rest of the game, though. Lovely atmosphere.
Poor chickens. Punchy-punch-punch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom