• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time, I thoroughly recommend it.

These days, it is very simple to mod and get it looking amazing. Only problem is you need a fairly beefy rig to run all of the shaders, they are all run in a wrapper and it is fairly unoptimized.

Skyrim is the easiest of TES games.

Skyrim is the most accessible game in the Elder Scrolls series, you're gonna have a lot of fun if it's your first ES game.

Thanks for the encouragement. I played about 2 hours last night and generally like what I'm seeing. I don't have a great machine (yet) so I can just play on medium to high settings in 1080p and be content.

Caerith

Debatable, Skyrim does get rid of some stuff and consolidates a lot of ther features into linear navigation, but it's not really a game-changer for me. Overall the series has been adapting to gaming conventions which depending on your mindset can be good or bad.
There's a rather comprehensive video on the evolution (devolution?) of the Elder Scrolls series, if anyone cares.

Thanks for the encouragement. I played about 2 hours last night and generally like what I'm seeing. I don't have a great machine (yet) so I can just play on medium to high settings in 1080p and be content.

The main problem is you'll be playing that same 2 hours about 20 more times until you finish it.

I'm not going to hate on it too much (it was good for what it was), but if you ever feel it dragging and are wondering "is the good/interesting bit about to come up" then bail out. It never really does.

fantomena

Okay, Im on the "mother" boss in Typing of the Dead and I need to write words associated with stuff. How do I do that? Im now at "in-game locations". What to write?

Edit: Found out.

Miker

Thanks Xelios, entered for the final King's Bounty game that I don't have. I haven't touched the other two, but I guess if they keep on improving them, it's probably best to start at 3.

Dr Dogg

I swear at this rate Jase and Xel are giving away more games than they have on their accounts. Almost like swapsies with stickers in the playground. Got to love the generosity though.

Khronico

Thanks xelios!

Wait, whats the Hacker Evolution Duality Plus 4 DLC? I took the part 1 of the inception dlc but then I saw that.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks xelios!

Wait, whats the Hacker Evolution Duality Plus 4 DLC? I took the part 1 of the inception dlc but then I saw that.

It's the base game and four of its DLC, recently got added to the IndieGala BTA. And you're all welcome.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I swear at this rate Jase and Xel are giving away more games than they have on their accounts. Almost like swapsies with stickers in the playground. Got to love the generosity though.

Between Jase and Xelios they have given away more games than I ever played. And I've played a lot of games.

MRORANGE

Dishing out games is Xelios and JaseC's side hobbies,
main being collecting games for their steam accounts.

One day it's gonna get nasty and turn into a pissing contest.

Let it rain I say.

Anustart

Thanks Xelios for Euro Truck Simulator!!

I know everyone was excited for the second one, which I haven't played, is the first as good?

Tellaerin

Happy Friday, folks!

I know this isn't as extravagant as some of the giveaways around here, but I hope people will get a little enjoyment out of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-84D0789967E0ACDC - Taken by Japle. 24 entrants total.
Borderlands GOTY -- MB-16F2F853DFF2FB62 - Taken by Gez. 23 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-CFBDCCDD6A9EDF2F - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 6 entrants total.

t1385245358z1.png

derExperte

Alien Spidy shall be mine, thx Xelios.

And I got a popup from Steam that told me that Spacebase DF-9 is 20% off for everyone who owns a DF game. Which is probably everyone.

xelios

I wonder how Xelios manage to get so many Steam Keys....

Do you work for Lord Gaben?

:D

They're mostly just from bundles. But lots of people don't want to buy a whole bundle for a game or two so this lets them get what they want (or something they don't).

XShagrath

Thanks for Hydrophobia, Xelios!

EDIT: I'm a fucking moron. I looked at my list of games to see if I had it, but I was looking at installed games. If there's some way to add this key back into the mix, go for it.

Or if anyone wants it, just PM me, I guess.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That would require the 151 winners to actually read and respect the giver's request.

Well that seems silly.

Thanks for Hydrophobia, Xelios!

EDIT: I'm a fucking moron. I looked at my list of games to see if I had it, but I was looking at installed games. If there's some way to add this key back into the mix, go for it.

Or if anyone wants it, just PM me, I guess.

You can nuke the key yourself.

How to repost keys

If you posted a key and no one took it, so you want to update the giveaway rules or just repost it:
- Just send the key to ModBot again so it knows to update the giveaway information or note that it's a new giveaway.

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

If someone else posted a key, you took it, and you realized that you didn't want it:
- First, don't do this. You're being a jerk.
- Second, you should contact the person who did the original giveaway so they can give it away again by following the above instructions.
- Third, if you ABSOLUTELY want to give it away yourself and you 100% definitely did not use the key, follow the above nuke instructions and then submit it yourself.

xelios

Thanks again for EIC, xelios.

By the way, are you the GAFfer with the highest Steam level, or is there another?

That I know of, but my friend 7extonly who I believe has signed up for GAF but was having difficulty with a proper e-mail is level 194.

How the heck did you get your level so high? At your level, do you get booster packs often?

I get 2-3 booster packs per week on average when there are no major sales, so it's not crazy or anything. I also still have 90+ games I need to idle for cards for them to be eligible for booster packs though, and I've been trying to do that before the sales since more people are crafting badges during sales, which = more boosters.

As far as getting that high level, it's just crafting lots of badges. For most people I'd say it's not worth leveling much, maybe to 20-30 to get a few showcases. The amount you spend and the opportunity loss from using cards you could have sold far outweighs any money coming in from getting more boosters at a higher level. I doubt I will ever level past 120 as it just takes too many badges to get a level now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom