• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gvaz said:
Apparently Alice is restricted to Origin till the 17th. Lame.

Alice: Madness Returns (Metacritic 69, IGN: "through questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, and repetitive gameplay, I was pulled out of the experience more than I would have liked.", Eurogamer: "Worst of all is that exploring Wonderland is, in practice, about as full of wonder as watching paint dry.", GameSpot: "Playing Alice: Madness Returns isn't as exciting as looking at it") by American McGee (who most recently released Bad Day L.A., Metacritic 28) sure is the kind of game that I'm so anxious to play and pay full price for that I couldn't possibly wait 3-4 days.

Objective complete EA, I'm Origin exclusive from now on!

Volcynika

Stumpokapow said:
Alice: Madness Returns (Metacritic 69) by American McGee (who most recently released Bad Day L.A., Metacritic 28) sure is the kind of game that I'm so anxious to play and pay full price for that I couldn't possibly wait 3-4 days.

I like it :(

Also, I didn't even know it was going to come to Steam, so my friend already gifted to me on D2D. Oh well!

The M.O.B

Alice is great, don't rely on BS critic reviews. They just made because EA forgot to send the monthly check.

I'm 4 hour into it and i'm not feeling hardly any of the complaints IGN and others have had.

The M.O.B said:
Alice is great, don't rely on BS critic reviews. They just made because EA forgot to send the monthly check.

I'm 4 hour into it and i'm not feeling hardly any of the complaints IGN and others have had.

Did you play and/or like the original game? How does it compare?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The removal of Crysis 2 from the Steam store is something between EA and Valve, it has nothing to do with Crytek:

From here

Also the fact that EA was so maddenly nonspecific about which "business terms" got them in trouble with Steam suggests that we won't like what it is.

Mentioned this in the other thread, but does anyone know if Steam will be releasing FEAR 3? It's not on there right now, but I could have sworn it was branded as Steamworks a while ago.

1-D_FTW

Stumpokapow said:
Alice: Madness Returns (Metacritic 69, IGN: "through questionable level design, graphical inconsistency, and repetitive gameplay, I was pulled out of the experience more than I would have liked.", Eurogamer: "Worst of all is that exploring Wonderland is, in practice, about as full of wonder as watching paint dry.", GameSpot: "Playing Alice: Madness Returns isn't as exciting as looking at it") by American McGee (who most recently released Bad Day L.A., Metacritic 28) sure is the kind of game that I'm so anxious to play and pay full price for that I couldn't possibly wait 3-4 days.

Good times. Reminds me of Shift 2. I probably would have buckled and pre-ordered had it been available on Steam with the 40 extra pre-order events. Once that never happened and it released and I realized it was Shit 2: Redux, they lost the sale forever. I wouldn't even bother for 5 bucks at this point.

Salsa

Friend of mine is selling a Total War Shogun 2 Steam key starting tomorrow for 30 bucks.

Lower than the last sale right?

PM if interested!

markot

Banned
Htown said:
The removal of Crysis 2 from the Steam store is something between EA and Valve, it has nothing to do with Crytek:

From here

Also the fact that EA was so maddenly nonspecific about which "business terms" got them in trouble with Steam suggests that we won't like what it is.
Well, the post is pretty non specific too >.<

The improved content delivery system has been enabled for HD videos in the beta:

6/15/2011

- Fix a crash occurring if a multiuser chat got enough participants with long enough names
- Fix cloud-related assert/crash at shutdown
- Ensure user is logged in properly when accessing Steam web sites from the in-game overlay
- Facebook suggested friend UI improvements
- Fixed media playback using external player
- High definition trailers are now delivered via an improved content delivery system
- Prevent redeeming gifts of DLC or expansion packs for users who do not own the base game

Not sure if there's any visible changes.

Salsa

oh wtf Steam

my DNF gameplay hours went from 15 to this:

iMZaW.PNG

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

:(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

iMZaW.PNG

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

It was completely hooped for me too, took me probably 10-12 hours to clear but my playtime was like 6 according to Steam.

Sanic

SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

[/IMG]http://i.min.us/iMZaW.PNG[/IMG]

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

I'm sure it's coincidental, but Steam hasn't been tracking my DNF playtime correctly, or sometimes at all. I've put in close to twice the amount of time the Steam counter says I have, but when I exit the game, it either doesn't add any time, or it adds an incorrect amount. Very odd.

SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

http://i.min.us/iMZaW.PNG[IMG]

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

:([/QUOTE]

DNF took 15 years of development for 2.9 hours of gameplay confirmed. But really, is the full game better than the demo?

KarmaCow

SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

http://i.min.us/iMZaW.PNG/IMG]

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

The same thing happened to me with AC2. Went from 17 hours to 4.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Awesome deal, New Vegas bought (worked without a hitch as well)

SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

http://i.min.us/iMZaW.PNG[IMG]

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

Well, according to Steam, I never opened "Portal 2 - The Final Hours" D:

Is there any way to get that DNF demo yet aside from registering through Gearbox? I've got a key from Borderlands, but with Hackpocalypse 2011 happening out there, I'm not too keen on spreading my info around any more than I have to.

BTW, take it for what it is but EA customer support agent said she doesn't expect Battlefield 3 nor Mass Effect to arrive on Steam. That they will be exclusive to Origin as will others.

Salsa

LovingSteam said:
BTW, take it for what it is but EA customer support agent said she doesn't expect Battlefield 3 nor Mass Effect to arrive on Steam. That they will be exclusive to Origin as will others.

Knowing EA, they will probably be Origin exclusive.. for a month or two

LovingSteam said:
take it with a pound of salt when anyone but EA themselves say so through official channels

BigAT

Did Fallout 3 vanilla ever get below $10 on Steam? I know ~$11 is an absurdly good price for New Vegas, but I don't have the time to play it right now and I could definitely wait if it were to possibly be cheaper eventually on Steam.

SalsaShark said:
oh wtf Steam

iMZaW.PNG

doesnt make any sense

and i like that feature

Steam is always way off for me in regards to hours played for almost all of my games. I also don't always get achievements when I should, but that rarely happens.

Wait, why do i have to give d2d my phone number?

That is lame. I don't want to get a phone call with my pin number. That is what my email is for.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Lawl. Shit. I just bought New Vegas from D2D and completely forgot about those 15% off codes. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
hamchan said:
Hopefully all this F2P stuff is a precursor to DotA2 being F2P.

I've been thinking about that, and the only way I can see Dota 2 being F2P is if you have a Steam account that already owns at least one game (to access the community features). Smurfs and trolls will wreak havok if the game is available to every account regardless if they own a game or not. I've noticed it first hand in League of Legends when I created an alt to play with a low level friend. Every single game I played with him had a leaver, feeder, or racist and nobody gave a shit because they could easily sign up for another account.

ok... now it tells me to that my limit at getting the phone thing to work has been reached and I need to contact their customer support.

Their customer support that demands i make a new login because their sites are not linked! I don't have the patience for this.

I'll just wait until the steam sale and buy it in a manner that I know works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom