• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
jediyoshi said:
Games > Activate a product on Steam

Thanks. Worked without a hitch.

Holy shit Steam is awesome! I always find new thing that make it better and better. I would have never known the difference had I just got this game on Steam instead.

Anyway I'm excited to play this. I need a good RPG to wash out the taste of Arcanum from my mouth.

Upon further investigation in the FAQ, I found this:
It said I have to contact Customer Service too review my transaction, why?

Direct2Drive is a no-card-present merchant. For that reason we may require Customer Service to approve your transaction. This is in the best interest of our customers and to protect your account from unauthorized use. Internet fraud has caused many merchants like Direct2Drive to take these steps in order prevent this issue from growing. We understand this may delay your purchase and inconvenience you, but we appreciate you understanding this as we provide a secure service.

So I guess that means my transaction went through and I now have to just sit and wait. Wonderful.

Symphonic

DarkSoul520 said:

So I guess that means my transaction went through and I now have to just sit and wait. Wonderful.

Getting this same thing. Mildly frustrating.

coopolon

DarkSoul520 said:
I just bought New Vegas off D2D, and this is what I got:

The hell?

Just submit a support ticket. In a few hours they'll get back to you and tell you try the purchase again. Some dumb security thing they do where they randomly decide to screen people, except they're not actually screening anything since you just have to send them an email, they never asked me for my CV# or anything.

DarkSoul520 said:

I would not wait but instead contact them right away since when I did it took several hours for them to back to me clearing my account. And in my case anyway the purchase had not gone through, I had to buy it again, but that very clearly stated in the email the support person sent to me.

kswiston

Never had a single problem with D2D, and I have purchased at least 20 games from them. Wondering if you hare having some server issues or something.

coopolon said:
I would not wait but instead contact them right away since when I did it took several hours for them to back to me clearing my account. And in my case anyway the purchase had not gone through, I had to buy it again, but that very clearly stated in the email the support person sent to me.

Thanks for the heads up, I submitted a support ticket. Its really confusing because after I had paid through Paypal, it took me back to the original checkout page to tell me that my transaction needed review. So, I'm unsure if the transaction went through or didn't at all. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to get back to me.

Free games! Downloading Global Agenda as we speak. Little to no experience with MMOs. Couple WoW hours. Couple LOTRO hours. And that's about it. Any tips regarding what I'm getting myself into?

I'm setting a budget of around 70 USD for this summer sale.

Sanic

I wish a free to play version of Planetside would come to Steam.

No idea how it would hold up now, but I enjoyed my time with the game when they had their F2P 'reserves' program going for a year back in '06-'07.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Do I have to download New Vegas from D2D to get the product ket or do they just give it to me? I'm pretty much just going to turn around and DL it via steam anyway - so it'd be nice to avoid having to do it twice.

Exuro

Wellington said:
Do I have to download New Vegas from D2D to get the product ket or do they just give it to me? I'm pretty much just going to turn around and DL it via steam anyway - so it'd be nice to avoid having to do it twice.
No, once you hit the download button they give you the key so you can activate it on Steam.

Forkball

Wellington said:
After you buy it, D2D will ask you to click the download button to retrieve your key. It takes you to a separate page where you can either download the game directly from them, or use the activation code in Steam.

coopolon

Wellington said:

You actually have to hit the download button on D2D, but it doesn't download anything, it just takes you to a page with the code. So no, you don't have to download anything to activate on Steam, despite hitting a download button.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since Eve is down, gave Spiral Knights a try. So Cute ^_^

Went through 3 dungeons so far. Definitely glad its on Steam too. I can directly log in. Hopefully Invictious and League of Legends come soon. Then I can have them all on Steam ^_^

One more ^_^

Echoplx

Snuggler said:
Everyone buy New Vegas. It's a great RPG and even full price gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

It's 90% off too (if your an idiot who cant do maths like me :D), probably the best deal it will get for a looooong time.

Grinchy

Banned
loblaw said:
I'm trying. D2D doesn't seem to want to give it to me.
You're supposed to be the kind of consumer who goes out of his way to hand his money over to a company. At least that's the impression I get.

Shit, they don't even let you sign in with your D2D login to put in a support ticket. I've never seen a company make it so difficult to purchase a digital product.

Symphonic

Grinchy said:
You're supposed to be the kind of consumer who goes out of his way to hand his money over to a company. At least that's the impression I get.

Shit, they don't even let you sign in with your D2D login to put in a support ticket. I've never seen a company make it so difficult to purchase a digital product.

Worst part is I tried 3 times before I realized that it was technically processing my order, which means I'm going to have to get 2 of those orders canceled.

3chopl0x said:
It's 90% off too, probably the best deal it will get for a looooong time.
Well, that's not quite true. The promo code doesn't overlap with the 75% off, it is a 15% off $12.50 :)

Otherwise it would be $5.

Cobra84

Narag said:
D2D hates me and won't let me buy it!
Similar problem here, they won't let me gift it or use another account to buy it for my brother. Click and Buy is my only way to buy anything on my main account.

Never mind, the gift option finally showed up after several time of adding and removing it.

Grinchy

Banned
loblaw said:
Worst part is I tried 3 times before I realized that it was technically processing my order, which means I'm going to have to get 2 of those orders canceled.
Fuck I did multiple attempts too! I better go check...

loblaw said:
Man I really hope they didn't go through, because I did the same. Fuuuuuuuu. I don't have that much money in my bank!

EDIT: Nothing is showing up on either my paypal or my bank....and I did this at around noon.

Forkball

So I played The Cat and the Coup, but the game glitched or something and the guy got stuck while falling and I can't continue. BOMBA.

Symphonic

What the shit? They sent me an email saying that they were having technical issues and that it should be resolved. Site still tells me that I can't purchase it with my card.

edit: And my support ticket is expired so I can't continue with it. After 30 minutes! What a joke.

Just got my email from support from D2D! Attempting to re-purchase now also for you guys worried about mulipurchases. "I have cleared your account and sincerely thank you for your patience! Please return to making purchases with us as you normally would. No purchase has completed from your previous attempt."

Symphonic

InfectedZero said:
Just got my email from support from D2D! Attempting to re-purchase now also for you guys worried about mulipurchases. "I have cleared your account and sincerely thank you for your patience! Please return to making purchases with us as you normally would. No purchase has completed from your previous attempt."

Now why the hell didn't they do this for me?

Whatever, used Click-and-Buy. This is why I use Steam.

Customer Service on D2D cleared up the problem pretty quickly. Went and bought New Vegas without a hitch the second time around. Activated and downloading from Steam now.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
ok cool just bought formyself at 90% off and bought as second as a gift for a buddy that uses steam..2 copies for 22dollars soo good.

any Critical mods to grab for New vegas?

Grinchy

Banned
Well it looks like D2D fixed the issue very quickly. I was expecting days before getting a response on my support ticket, but it happened within an hour.

My original credit card had "failed" 3 times though, so I had to use PayPal (which is just going to pull money from the "failed" card lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom