• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Spiral Knights today and get
* Double Energy in Spiral Knights
Play Spiral Knights now and receive the Mist Tank to double your energy. Mist Tank double energy bonus will be effective through June 16th, 10am Pacific Time.

* Team Fortress 2 "The Spiral Sallet" Hat
Receive a free Spiral Knights-themed Team Fortress 2 hat by unlocking an achievement in Spiral Knights!
To receive the free TF2 hat, players must reach the first Clockwork Terminal from any gate in the Haven Arcade and unlock the 'Mission Accomplished' achievement. (Players who've already unlocked it will also receive the hat.)

InertiaXr

I've been trying to play Spiral Knights, but it keeps failing at the login screen. I tried going into offline mode like was suggested a page or so back, but that didn't work either. Are their servers just getting hammered by people like me who are trying it out on Steam?

Forkball

Sgt.Pepper said:
That ain't the big problem for me anyway. It is that I can't change resolutions without this crap crashing.
Yeah for some reason the game is running terribly. So many random pauses. It might be a server problem, but the game worked fine on my older, less powerful computer.

Also I guess you don't get jack if you already got the achievements when the game came out months ago. I DEMAND A VINTAGE SPIRAL SALLET.

Forkball said:
Yeah for some reason the game is running terribly. So many random pauses. It might be a server problem, but the game worked fine on my older, less powerful computer.

Also I guess you don't get jack if you already got the achievements when the game came out months ago. I DEMAND A VINTAGE SPIRAL SALLET.
You'll still get the hat once they get a way to link the old account and your Steam account

I actually don't think the hat is one day only.

Binabik15

kswiston said:
Fallout New Vegas is 75% off on Direct2drive. The game is steamplay so no reason not to buy

Can I purchase form d2d.co.uk from Germany and with a German CC card? Game isn´t on sale in Germany or the German site just sucks. Well, it´d suck even if the game is on sale.

Nabs

Spiral Knights w/ Steamworks is pretty cool. It automatically adds steam friends to your list, and adds voice chat to the game.

StuBurns

Banned
I have another question if GAF will indulge me, what happens with SteamPlay? Do all games on both platforms have it so you only have to buy it once? Is it always retroactive too? If I bought SMB today, when the Mac version comes out will I own it?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
animlboogy said:
Thanks for the code! Just bought this. I watched my brother play a bit of this recently, it came off as the better game over 3.
Stacked with the 75% off? It's a little over $10 with that. Def worth a buy.

Nabs

StuBurns said:
I have another question if GAF will indulge me, what happens with SteamPlay? Do all games on both platforms have it so you only have to buy it once? Is it always retroactive too? If I bought SMB today, when the Mac version comes out will I own it?

Yeah, you'll own it on Mac when it is ported over.

Exuro

Nabs said:
Spiral Knights w/ Steamworks is pretty cool. It automatically adds steam friends to your list, and adds voice chat to the game.
Yeah I played the game before and the Steamworks additions are really nice. Looks like all games have Steam Wallet function as well. I'd like to see more Free to Play games like APB Reloaded and Vindictus.

Quote from EA:
"It's unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis II from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA. Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service--many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis II from Steam."

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, so much for that huge discussion we had about EA yesterday. I wonder if we'll ever find out what rule(s). I guess the rules might be NDA'd or something so we can't even know?

balladofwindfishes said:
Maybe Valve put in new rules regarding having enough keys.
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but as someone pointed out, it seems unlikely that Crysis 2 sells enough to run out of keys at a non-sale price midway through a random summer week.

sk3tch

Here's another 15% off Direct2Drive code if that one above runs out. NOTE: these are referral codes. They get me (or the other guy) a 20% off coupon in the future. No money is gained or anything.

C6AC17118C5805EFFED389D1F28E6292

this link should keep you up-to-date with 15% off codes.

PaulLFC

About how long does it take to reach the first clockwork terminal? I've only completed the tutorial so far, and reached the first zone/town (forget what it's called now).

Vastag

PaulLFC said:
About how long does it take to reach the first clockwork terminal? I've only completed the tutorial so far, and reached the first zone/town (forget what it's called now).

It took me an hour more or less

coopolon

Really happy about that Fallout New Vegas. I wonder if D2D is ever going to stop letting the 15% off codes stack, it's pretty crazy how good of deals they're giving.

Spiral Knights is actually pretty enjoyable. For some reason I haven't unlocked the achievements despite doing the necessary things. Anyone else having this problem?

kswiston

coopolon said:
Really happy about that Fallout New Vegas. I wonder if D2D is ever going to stop letting the 15% off codes stack, it's pretty crazy how good of deals they're giving.

I ended up with an IGN prime account (had a Fileplanet Sub for WoW patches and I think they upgraded everyone to Prime), so I have been getting 15% off everything on D2D, on top of sales. Really handy for preorders which are already 10% off. If a game is Steamplay, I get it first day for $38.25 off D2D and transfer over my key.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
coopolon said:

fucking BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

Why do you hate me GOD?!

"Your coupon or discount is not valid for the product in your cart."

I can't seem to get the codes to work.... ever. :(

edit : seems the codes are region restricted. Boo-urns.

kswiston

3chopl0x said:
Is it even possible to gift games on D2D or am I completely locked out of this deal for no good reason?

I already have NV on steam. If you want I can buy it for you, send you the key, and you can pay me back via paypal. Send me a PM.

I just bought New Vegas off D2D, and this is what I got:

Your transaction will require review by a Customer Service Agent. Please contact Customer Service for further information. We apologize for this inconvenience.

The hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom