• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

hhmm, my computer won't be here in time for the sale, I'll have to buy everything from my laptop and then install everything in the new machine, will I run into any trouble doing that?

Sorry, Steam noob here and I didn't see this answered in the FAQ.

There is nothing to worry about. Have fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit I'm in the hall of shame, it's a first o_o

Then again it's only recently I've become very proactive in Steam stuff lol

So yeah... it's that dilemma again that I had in Ubisoft week.

Should I buy certain Paradox games (Warlock/CiM) now or wait til the Summer sale?

Derrick01

Banned
Can't wait to see the price wars between amazon and steam during the sale. Especially now that Amazon can seemingly sell steam keys for previously non steamworks games. At least I don't think NBA and MLB 2k12 are steamworks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can't wait to see the price wars between amazon and steam during the sale. Especially now that Amazon can seemingly sell steam keys for previously non steamworks games. At least I don't think NBA and MLB 2k12 are steamworks.

A number of past NBA games were Steamworks, and ISTR at least one that was Steamworks but wasn't actually sold on the Steam store.

Boss Doggie

I'm sure they'll show up again, Paradox seems very sale-friendly. I doubt the prices will be different, though, so it might be a good time to get into them before your backlog triples at the end of the month.

Hmm true. I actually held back on Rayman Origins last Ubi-sale in hoping that the 50% off would go down to 75%.

But yeah I guess 50% is the price they'd go down to. I recall CiM being 50% as a daily deal.

Speaking of which, is there a site that records the "sale" history of a game (i.e. if it has been on a sale before)?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hmm true. I actually held back on Rayman Origins last Ubi-sale in hoping that the 50% off would go down to 75%.

But yeah I guess 50% is the price they'd go down to. I recall CiM being 50% as a daily deal.

Speaking of which, is there a site that records the "sale" history of a game (i.e. if it has been on a sale before)?

http://www.steamprices.com/ - Shows price history and price difference between 3 regions.
http://www.steamgamesales.com/ - Shows games on sale, price history and price of Steam redeemable games on different digital download services.

I like the first one better for price history. I like the second one better to find deals on Steam games on other DD services.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: "PC gaming master race". We try not to ban people for using certain words, but it sure does suck when either someone goes into a console thread to let loose a stream of system wars piss, or when someone who doesn't like PC gaming does the sarcastic LOL LOL MASTER RACE QUOTE UNQUOTE AIR QUOTES </SARCASM> MORE LIKE LIVING AT A HOMELESS SHELTER AFTER THEY HAVE TO SPEND 9 GRAND (IT'S OVER 9000!!!!! THE POWER LEVEL </DBZ REFERENCE>) ON THEIR PC. If you're out to enjoy the games you're playing and talk to other people, you're not going to get banned. If you're out to try to twist the knife on someone or troll or just be a jerk or a snotty person, well, that's gonna be a problem.

Boss Doggie

http://www.steamprices.com/ - Shows price history and price difference between 3 regions.
http://www.steamgamesales.com/ - Shows games on sale, price history and price on different digital download services.

I like the first one better for price history. I like the second one better to find the same product on other places, but I never buy shit on other places, so...

Thanks.

Hmm it seems Cities in Motion had a 75% discount before. Damn, I missed it.

goodfella

hhmm, my computer won't be here in time for the sale, I'll have to buy everything from my laptop and then install everything in the new machine, will I run into any trouble doing that?

Sorry, Steam noob here and I didn't see this answered in the FAQ.

Gabe got yo back.

RE: "PC gaming master race". We try not to ban people for using certain words, but it sure does suck when either someone goes into a console thread to let loose a stream of system wars piss, or when someone who doesn't like PC gaming does the sarcastic LOL LOL MASTER RACE QUOTE UNQUOTE AIR QUOTES </SARCASM> MORE LIKE LIVING AT A HOMELESS SHELTER AFTER THEY HAVE TO SPEND 9 GRAND (IT'S OVER 9000!!!!! THE POWER LEVEL </DBZ REFERENCE>) ON THEIR PC. If you're out to enjoy the games you're playing and talk to other people, you're not going to get banned. If you're out to try to twist the knife on someone or troll or just be a jerk or a snotty person, well, that's gonna be a problem.

^ I laughed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I can't believe I didn't make the wall of shame this time. My Steam rating sucks right now, too. I need to step it up, maybe a few summer sale games will help.

K' Dash

Gabe got yo back.

yeah, he does <3

GabeNewell1-620x250.jpg

Angry Fork

Basically if you're among fellow PC brothers and sisters 'master race' is okay, if you go into Battlefield 3 thread to troll/make fun of console users with 'master race' that's a nono.

All is well comrades.

8uSAU.jpg

There was some reason I didn't buy sonic and sega racing on PC when it was cheap before... what was it Steam GAF? No online for Pc or something?

EDIT:

Oh, I assumed someone would have posted this already.
Crusader Kings franchise is paradox daily, S&SAS racing is daily

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
There was some reason I didn't buy sonic and sega racing on PC when it was cheap before... what was it Steam GAF? No online for Pc or something?

Yeah, I've heard that Sega didn't include online multiplayer in the PC version for some reason. It's only 3.74 and I like kart racers so I'm totally gonna buy it, though.

Nabs

EDIT:

There is no online but it plays at 60fps and you can force lots of extra AA if you have the power to spare. It also supports splitscreen.

I think I'mma pick it up again so I have it on Steam. I don't even remember where I have it.

1-D_FTW

EDIT:

Well unless you're buying it specifically to play with friends, lobbies would have been empty by now anyways.

I've bought it on sale for 4.99 and think it's a decent arcade racer that entertains enough to justify 5 dollars.

EDIT: It's down to 3.74? Defintely recommended at that point.

Bonus point since you can go into the menu and disable items (to make it truly play like an arcade game) and "Catch Up".

Mrbob

Is any of that extra content worth it for Crusader Kings 2 or just get the base game? I really just want it for the Game of Thrones mod.

Slightly disappointed in no daily for Warlock but I didn't expect one, game is too new. Going to pick it up before the day is done. 10 bucks is still a great price for it.

kami_sama

It's Crusader Kings 2 a good entry game to Paradox strategy games? I've read that, but I want to be sure before I purchase it.

Rapstah

It's Crusader Kings 2 a good entry game to Paradox strategy games? I've read that, but I want to be sure before I purchase it.

Yes. It's absolutely entirely contained, but you can translate a lot of what you learn from it to Eu3 and the more complex games. It's also incredible on its own.

Derrick01

Banned
CK2 is great, my goty so far. Actually it'd be the only game on my list if I made one right now. My point being just buy the damn thing!

Levyne

Banned
How can you tell if an Amazon download can be activated on Steam? I'm asking because Risen is on sale and I have enough credits to get it for free. I guess I could always make a steam shortcut and that would be good enough.

I guess I should also ask is Risen worth playing?

Or maybe I should just hold onto my Amazon credits for their competing/matching offers of Steam sales...

Mrbob

Amazon will tell you what version, check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ODQC1O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You see Steam Download version. Very smart of amazon to start grabbing Steam codes.

I don't believe Risen download from amazon is the steam version. Risen 2 is Steamworks though.

CK2 is great, my goty so far. Actually it'd be the only game on my list if I made one right now. My point being just buy the damn thing!

But do I buy any of the dlc? Is it worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom