• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be buying much during this Summer sale. I've got a small list of games I want and they're all normally $10-$20 so I shouldn't be spending much.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You should add a new question to the OP right after the JaseC one:

How do you pronounce Soairse?

I won't be buying much during this Summer sale. I've got a small list of games I want and they're all normally $10-$20 so I shouldn't be spending much.

Same here, Actually there's not much that I want that hasn't been on sale, although this will be my first official Steam sale.

I'm really waiting for all the new games to finally come out.

Ledsen

Everyone should get Crusader Kings II. It's an amazing and unexpectedly funny grand strategy game that lets you fulfill all the world-conquering ambitions you've ever had... if you can avoid being assassinated by your brother (who is jealous of you and also slightly crazy), your wife (who is unsatisfied in bed and thinks you're a rude slob) or your cousin (who hates you because you executed his favorite mistress). Godspeed.

Same here, Actually there's not much that I want that hasn't been on sale, although this will be my first official Steam sale.

I'm really waiting for all the new games to finally come out.

Good luck with that guys! There's not much I want either but I already know how it's going to pan out.

Finally got Max Payne 3 to function (while pistols worked fine, shotguns wouldn't fire at all and smgs did nothing but spam bullets the moment I picked them up). Turns out Nvidia had yet another driver update. I swear I just updated my drivers like a week or two ago.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh hey, just noticed that DOTA2 popped up in my Steam library. Is it open to everybody now or did get Valve put it for sale? That would explain why I have it.

Yeah I noticed that you can buy your way into the beta right now so that must be why it showed up on my account.

It never gets old to open your library from time to time and notice new games poped-up since the last time you checked lol.

You can buy invites, but you must have just gotten a wave as I think you would have noticed spending forty dollars.

Megasoum

Banned
You can buy invites, but you must have just gotten a wave as I think you would have noticed spending forty dollars.

I'm getting all the Valve games for free on steam because of my job so I guess they considered it to be available when they added it to the store. Or I was in a wave but I never opted in (dunno if you needed to?) since I don't really care for DOTA.

Well shit, jumped on Crusader Kings 2 at the start of the sale and now its 50% less than what I paid. I guess I violated the cardinal rule of the steam sale though, its my own damn fault.

In any regard, I'm doing my part in supporting top quality gaming.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well shit, jumped on Crusader Kings 2 at the start of the sale and now its 50% less than what I paid. I guess I violated the cardinal rule of the steam sale though, its my own damn fault.
Now take this event, imprint it in your memory and never forget it, because the moment that violating the rule is most dangerous is coming soon.

zoku88

In any regard, I'm doing my part in supporting top quality gaming.

Well, it's only $10 difference, so it was a cheap lesson to learn, at least :p

Adnor

Banned
I... I think I did something bad...
I show Steam to my sister...
Now she has an account, and look every day to see if there's a new game that she'll like... she just bought the Humble Indie Bundle too...
Oh God, what have I done, what have I done!?

Someone sell me on Warlock. I love me some tech trees but now I'm finding out that it's more buildings and areas then upgrade style through that. I don't know how I feel about that. It also looks more like branches instead of trees or bushes, where my choice is which linear route do I take or how fast do I build these all instead of one or the other. It's hard to find any information about it too. Is there morality or some sort of cultural, political, or religious system you can choose that has associated pros and cons? And quests hmmm... I don't know how I feel about all of this. Basically if it's a fantasy gal civ, it's bought and being played today. If it's a fantasy civ 5, I can wait for the summer sale.

Also I just bought Gettysburg: Armored Warfare :eek:

Eusis

You never know... but the more I senselessly add to my backlog the more I TRY to restrain myself. I think I came out relatively light from the last sales event.

Some sell me on Warlock. I love me some tech trees but now I'm finding out that it's more buildings and areas then upgrade style through that. I don't know how I feel about that. It also looks more like branches instead of trees or bushes, where my choice is which linear route do I take or how fast do I build these all instead of one or the other. It's hard to find any information about it too. Is there morality or some sort of cultural, political, or religious system you can choose that has associated pros and cons? And quests hmmm... I don't know how I feel about all of this. Basically if it's a fantasy gal civ, it's bought and being played today. If it's a fantasy civ 5, I can wait for the summer sale.

There is a demo but at first blush it's fantasy Civ V, if anything I imagine it'll convince you to wait for the summer sale.

Aselith

Someone sell me on Warlock. I love me some tech trees but now I'm finding out that it's more buildings and areas then upgrade style through that. I don't know how I feel about that. It also looks more like branches instead of trees or bushes, where my choice is which linear route do I take or how fast do I build these all instead of one or the other. It's hard to find any information about it too. Is there morality or some sort of cultural, political, or religious system you can choose that has associated pros and cons? And quests hmmm... I don't know how I feel about all of this. Basically if it's a fantasy gal civ, it's bought and being played today. If it's a fantasy civ 5, I can wait for the summer sale.

It's fantasy Civ 5 but it's much more of a tactical combat game than it is Civ building. You spend very little time worrying about towns and tech and very much worrying about buidling an army and fighting shit.

It's definitely not GalCiv as GC is much more focused on the ancillary stuff to combat and the combat itself was pretty garbage. This is the opposite.

Getting a super unit like an Earth Elemental built up in the game is very satisfying and I personally quite enjoyed it. However, it has a pretty small world maps and I found myself very pressed for time while playing it so it was hard to really explore the parallel worlds that the game has but it is quite enjoyable overall.

I'd say if you want a tightly focused combat Civilization game, pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom