• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Looking forward to Binary Domain and Raccoon City sale the most, really want to try them.

Just make sure to play Raccoon City first if you pick up both. There's about a decade's worth of third person design improvements missing from it compared to BD.

HoosTrax

Err, remember that part where he said he just bought it?
Hey now, 11 minutes gave him plenty of time to download and install it.

But yeah, with all of the attention on 38, I had almost forgotten about how big of a failure that game was when it launched. I kind of felt sorry for the guy -- he seemed ready to snap with all of pressure piled on him post-launch.

I'd be more inclined to buy Binary Domain if I hadn't already played the console version. It'll have to have a pretty significant price decrease to buy it.

MNC

Hm, was SFIV:AE not on a good sale once? SFxT would be sweet too... damn you Capcapom.

Fucking capcom trolls with their sales. I would've bought any SSF, Dead Rising 2 and/or Lost Planet 2 ages ago. Hoping for some good pricing errors.

Am I the only one that keeps an excel sheet of all the purchases made?

Fox318

So I tried taking some keys I had on Impulse and plunging them into steam to see if they would work I was found one that registers that I haven't seen listed many places.

CitiesXL 2011 will register on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fucking capcom trolls with their sales. I would've bought any SSF, Dead Rising 2 and/or Lost Planet 2 ages ago. Hoping for some good pricing errors.

Am I the only one that keeps an excel sheet of all the purchases made?

I swear Dead Rising 2 went up for 9.99 once, but I can't find it on steamprices.com. I can only find the 14.99 troll price.

Was I dreaming?

Fake Edit: I have kept a spreadsheet on purchases since last year Summer Sale, but I only do it for big sales.

MNC

I swear Dead Rising 2 went up for 9.99 once, but I can't find it on steamprices.com. I can only find the 14.99 troll price.

Was I dreaming?

Fake Edit: I have kept a spreadsheet on purchases since last year Summer Sale, but I only do it for big sales.

Yeah the winter and summer sales. I like seeing how awesome/not so awesome my purchases were.

Aren't Onimusha and DMC3 terrible ports?

I've heard that, but I'm not to concerned about that. I just like to have them for my collection. I switched from consoles to pc, and I'm rebuilding my collection.

Also, Dead Rising 2 was 10 on Gamefly a couple days ago. Not sure if it was refeemable on steam though.

Gettysburg seems pretty something... The jank is indeed strong with it however be warned. It's a poor rts and a poor third person shooter, but combined with the ridiculousness of it's future steam punk meets civil war thing it's going on, there's something enjoyable there.

derFeef

This can't be good.

SvVTR.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I wonder if Max Payne 3 will go on sale.

It should at least dip the customary 33%...

33% would be the Max. :O

Skyrim for example was 25%, most likely what it will be. Or they'll make a Payne Bundle where you get to save a few bucks + throwing in 1 and 2 for free basically.

derFeef

Yes we should contact the Steam team to have them make custom library view icons for non-Steam games, so your Tribes link won't have that ugly icon next to it.

The weird thing is, I changed the icon so many times but it keeps switching back to the old/default one - so I gave up.

Good luck. Capcom hasn't updated it from 1.0, and online is rocky as hell. They supposedly sent the first patch into MS weeks ago, but meh, you know how long that shit takes.

A friend keeps asking me to buy it so he can kick my ass (like in SFIV) so it will be not a big issue I hope. All arcade and 1vs1.

33% would be the Max. :O

Skyrim for example was 25%, most likely what it will be. Or they'll make a Payne Bundle where you get to save a few bucks + throwing in 1 and 2 for free basically.

Skyrim was 33%, actually, and was a much higher seller than MP3. I do agree that it will probably just hit 33%, though.

Nabs

The weird thing is, I changed the icon so many times but it keeps switching back to the old/default one - so I gave up.

A friend keeps asking me to buy it so he can kick my ass (like in SFIV) so it will be not a big issue I hope. All arcade and 1vs1.

If you have a friend to play with it probably shouldn't be so bad.

derFeef

I really don't know what went wrong there. Games downloading gigabytes now after that trade. Never had that before.

ShaneB

:( I'm now getting to the point at when I look through my Steam library, I see games I forgot I own :(

Bring on the summer sale so I can buy more!

New thread?

Steam is stupid and you should all stop using it and use Origin instead because it is superior to steamingpileofshit and EA loves me and they make Dragon Age.

Salsa

wonder if I should get Sonic and big the cat's super racing buddies, I hear its a good port and all but the lack of online MP bums me out.. also with the new one announced.. though I guess that's a long way off

ArjanN

Oh, I thought it was maybe games getting updated with some sort of Summer sale content.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

To be honest I'm always more excited about whatever achievement event they're having than the actual sales. I buy tons of games on Steam so when the sale rolls around there's usually only a handful of games I'm interested in that I don't already have.

Wonder what they'll go with this time. If it's the same type of achievement stuff as before, there will probably be some sneaky updates starting soon.

derFeef

I hope they mix it up with some other ideas this time, while I did get some achievements last times, I certainly do not have enough time to play that many games I do not care about. It's a pretty selfish thought for sure, though. :p

ezodagrom

wonder if I should get Sonic and big the cat's super racing buddies, I hear its a good port and all but the lack of online MP bums me out.. also with the new one announced.. though I guess that's a long way off
I wouldn't call it a good port, just an okay port. There's no anti-aliasing and I get some annoying 1 second framerate drops if the low detail models option is set to 2 players or more (if this option is set to 2/3/4 players, the game will only work with low details with the chosen number of players in split screen, if the option is set to 1 player or off, the game will work at low details even in single player).

Setting that option to 1 player or off, I have alot less framerate drops, but the snow stage looks way too bright. :\

sonicsegaallstarsracingi.jpg

(btw, my specs, phenom II x4 955, radeon HD6850)

New thread?

Steam is stupid and you should all stop using it and use Origin instead because it is superior to steamingpileofshit and EA loves me and they make Dragon Age.

This was your one fatal mistake.

Unless you are not who I think you are.

Then my search continues to find my friend on GAF who won't tell me who he is.

Joe Molotov

We need to do a Let's Play Crusader Kings II thread, since apparently everyone bought it. Then I might actually decide to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom