• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no online but it plays at 60fps and you can force lots of extra AA if you have the power to spare. It also supports splitscreen.

I think I'mma pick it up again so I have it on Steam. I don't even remember where I have it.

If it had online, would it be worthy of the "Mario Kart on PC" crown?

Sysgen

is there any kind of splitscreen multiplayer in that? I can totally see me buying that Sonic game if there is 4 players split screen multi

Party Racing Fun - Battle it out in single player, challenge your friends in 4 player split-screen
for the ultimate track racing showdown!

All Your Favorite Racers - Choose from 20 different characters from the Sonic & SEGA universe including Sonic, Tails, Aiai and Amigo.

High Velocity Vehicles - Every character drives their own unique vehicle including sports cars, bikes, planes and even a giant banana to perform bespoke special man-oeuvres!

All-Star Moves - Need to get by a competitor? Can’t overtake a racer? Then take them out with a pick-up weapon (missiles, mines and other obstacles) or one of the 20 unique character moves that allows the recipient to know who just hit them!

Stunning Visuals - Race over medieval castle ramparts, under lush rain forest canopies and through bustling city scapes as you battle through 27 challenging tracks from the Sonic and SEGA Universe.

I force 16XAF and MLAA. Looks good but not great.

ezodagrom

If it had online, would it be worthy of the "Mario Kart on PC" crown?
I think it would.
Sumo Digital is now making a sequel for this game, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. While they haven't confirmed it, it's been implied that the PC version of the sequel might support online multiplayer this time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What is this shields pack for CK2? The game already has shields.

Sysgen

How can you tell if an Amazon download can be activated on Steam? I'm asking because Risen is on sale and I have enough credits to get it for free. I guess I could always make a steam shortcut and that would be good enough.

I guess I should also ask is Risen worth playing?

Or maybe I should just hold onto my Amazon credits for their competing/matching offers of Steam sales...

Risen is free on gamersgate.

Bulzeeb

Party Racing Fun - Battle it out in single player, challenge your friends in 4 player split-screen
for the ultimate track racing showdown!

All Your Favorite Racers - Choose from 20 different characters from the Sonic & SEGA universe including Sonic, Tails, Aiai and Amigo.

High Velocity Vehicles - Every character drives their own unique vehicle including sports cars, bikes, planes and even a giant banana to perform bespoke special man-oeuvres!

All-Star Moves - Need to get by a competitor? Can’t overtake a racer? Then take them out with a pick-up weapon (missiles, mines and other obstacles) or one of the 20 unique character moves that allows the recipient to know who just hit them!

Stunning Visuals - Race over medieval castle ramparts, under lush rain forest canopies and through bustling city scapes as you battle through 27 challenging tracks from the Sonic and SEGA Universe.

I force 16XAF and MLAA. Looks good but not great.

thanks, can i use any gamepad or this is like blur that only supports 360 gamepads, I'll be buying the game anyways

Sysgen

£2.49 for Sega All Star Racing!?

Had it for the 360 but the framerate spooiled it for me, does it run any better on PC?

Depends on your PC.

Uninstalled it a while ago but I don't remember any frame rate issues (6970/i7-920).

thanks, can i use any gamepad or this is like blur that only supports 360 gamepads, I'll be buying the game anyways

I only have a 360 pad so not sure.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's what I'm doing. It looks 10x as good thus I would pay 10x the amount.

When I think a little more about it, I already have Sonic Sega All Star Racing on the 360, so it makes sense for ME to wait it out. Or anybody that already has the game on any platform.

People that doesn't have it should get it, of course.

Forkball

As someone who almost collapsed into the fetal position when I tried EU3, CK2 is definitely worth checking out. There is less micromanagement, the game has a solid tutorial, and the concept of taking over a family instead of a nation is much more personal and interesting. It's certainly worth $10.

eznark

Banned
Crusader Kings 2 is amazing. It's also by far the most accessible of the Paradox grand strategy games. Plus, download the Game of Thrones mod for the cool novelty (and likely the only good game to ever happen in that universe)

Also, don't forget Warlock is half off. I've only played the demo but it was a really neat little game. Can't go wrong for $10.

As someone who almost collapsed into the fetal position when I tried EU3, CK2 is definitely worth checking out. There is less micromanagement, the game has a solid tutorial, and the concept of taking over a family instead of a nation is much more personal and interesting. It's certainly worth $10.
Solid is a little too far in my opinion. It's got one yeah, it's leagues better than eu3 or hoi, but I'd still call the tutorial barely competent at best. You'll still need a good let's play or something to be decent at it. But yeah CK2 is good if you think you'd be into it, not for everyone but if you think you'd like it you probably would.

bigace33

Wow, Winwood must be a spam bot. Maybe start having him enter captures for every post to confirm whether he's human or not. lol or the guy just loves steam and anything related to it.

£2.49 for Sega All Star Racing!?

Had it for the 360 but the framerate spooiled it for me, does it run any better on PC?

Wait what, that's why y'all were talking about it so much! BOUGHT!

We need to meet up on Hamachi .. or just wait for the sequel with MP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm not familiar with Crusader Kings II's gameplay and genre. What is it about and how do you go about it?

Vastag

I'm not familiar with Crusader Kings II's gameplay and genre. What is it about and how do you go about it?

Its about making you dinasty as succesful as possible. When your character dies (of old age, assasination attempt, gonorrea...) you go on and control his heir. The game basically involves war, politics, diplomacy and treason in order to control more lands.

There is a nice Lets Play in SA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3487258

DagsJT

Its about making you dinasty as succesful as possible. When your character dies (of old age, assasination attempt, gonorrea...) you go on and control his heir. The game basically involves war, politics, diplomacy and treason in order to control more lands.

Hmm sounds intriguing.

Cross-posted in the grid icons thread:

I bought EVE Online on Steam (for super cheap) a while back. In the detail view it lists it as Incarna, even though I bought it when the game was on the Crucible expansion. In the grid view the image that shows up is for the most recent expansion, Inferno.

Is there some way to rename it from Incarna to Inferno? Note that I haven't installed the game via Steam, so that may fix the problem, however the current inconsistency is really annoying. To further compound the problem, it shows a Crucible image when in list view (while still saying it's Incarna.)

This is made all the worse because Incarna has negative associations attached to it. I don't want to see that name anywhere!

If I can't fix this myself, is this just all fuckups on CCP's/Valve's end?

HenryHSH

Cross-posted in the grid icons thread:

I bought EVE Online on Steam (for super cheap) a while back. In the detail view it lists it as Incarna, even though I bought it when the game was on the Crucible expansion. In the grid view the image that shows up is for the most recent expansion, Inferno.

Is there some way to rename it from Incarna to Inferno? Note that I haven't installed the game via Steam, so that may fix the problem, however the current inconsistency is really annoying. To further compound the problem, it shows a Crucible image when in list view (while still saying it's Incarna.)

This is made all the worse because Incarna has negative associations attached to it. I don't want to see that name anywhere!

If I can't fix this myself, is this just all fuckups on CCP's/Valve's end?

One way I know of is to add non-steam game, find it in your steam folder and add it again. It creates a shortcut in your steam game list and you can edit the icon, name and grid icon from there.

Now you run into the problem of having the same game listed twice on your list. What you can do is add all your games to your favorites except for incarna and then setting your view to favorites only. That's what I do for hiding uninstalled and beta games from my list.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Will there be a separate summer sale thread or this one will take the brunt?
A Summer Sale thread will be created and this thread will be locked. Once the Summer Sale is over this thread will be unlocked and continue as usual.

Wok

Here are the games or DLC I am expecting, ordered by descending price (in euros) in previous sales so far.

1. Rayman Origins
  2. Krater
  3. Quantum Conundrum
  4. Deus Ex : Human Revolution
  5. Sonic Generations
  6. Analogue: A Hate Story
  7. Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  8. Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
  9. Scarygirl
  10. The Blackwell Deception
  11. Stacking
  12. Supreme Commander : Forged Alliance
  13. Singularity
  14. From Dust
  15. Shank 2
  16. Offspring Fling!
  17. Dear Esther
  18. The Binding of Isaac : Wrath of the Lamb
  19. Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ – The Missing Link
  20. Second Sight
  21. Swords and Soldiers - Super Saucy Sausage Fest DLC
  22. Insecticide Part 1

There are also games and DLC coming to Steam, but not listed yet.
  • The Adventures of Shuggy (June 13th)
  • Magicka : The Other Side of the Coin (June 14th)

Don´t buy that one. It´s not good, and it´s not complete since they never released part 2. I wouldn´t accept that game for free even.

The reason I consider buying is people complaining on the Steam forum about no sequel: it has to be an interesting game for people to complain about that, hasn't it? I will reconsider the question after your response.

I don't think you should expect Krater it releases in 2 days.

Do not underestimate Gabe's power. A summer sale is a sale.

Crusader Kings II Complete GET! Although I honestly don't know how much time I'll invest in it given that Civ V: Gods & Kings comes out in nine days. The fact that it's less dense/obtuse than Europa Universalis gives me some hope.

Nabs

I think it makes it all the more compelling though. Better to find out you hate something at 3.74 than to pay 39.99 and then realize it.

Yeah, this is the way to go about it. This game is not Mario Kart, and it's best to find out now for only $3.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom