• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I installed MW2 last night and I'm trying the MP now.

It's allowed in my firewall and my NAT is open, yet I can't find any players for a game. Any tips?

Not sure what it was that fucked up matchmaking in MW2 (theres plenty of players on there according to Steam stats), its either the DLC causing a divide making searching longer, or something they updated thats causing it, because for the first few months of the game matchmaking was pretty god damned fast (just like it currently is in MW3).

1-D_FTW

Not sure what it was that fucked up matchmaking in MW2 (theres plenty of players on there according to Steam stats), its either the DLC causing a divide making searching longer, or something they updated thats causing it, because for the first few months of the game matchmaking was pretty god damned fast (just like it currently is in MW3).

*wink, wink* *nudge, nudge* "Do you know there's a sequel to this game? Why don't you buy our sequel? It's newer. Newer is better. Newer is bestest. Buy our latest version and they'll be tons of people playing and your matches will start lickity split."

It's a shame, because after racking up hundreds of hours in MW2 on the 360, this feels so different. Really fresh. I bought it console for my friend list, but there's no doubting that KB/M does wonders for the experience.

Makes one of the best MP games even better.

iNvid02

So I installed MW2 last night and I'm trying the MP now.

It's allowed in my firewall and my NAT is open, yet I can't find any players for a game. Any tips?

when you sign into mp,
wait before searching for any games for about 5-6 mins, then search for a tdm or something

same thing happened to me

Askani

Sweet. Just saw the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate pack hit Steam for $40 and there's no new content over the game and the DLC. Means buying it all separately during the sale wasn't a waste. Being a waste notwithstanding the fact that I haven't even installed it yet. :/

Sweet. Just saw the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate pack hit Steam for $40 and there's no new content over the game and the DLC. Means buying it all separately during the sale wasn't a waste. Being a waste notwithstanding the fact that I haven't even installed it yet. :/

The Ultimate Edition will hit like $15 in the summer sale and you will still not have played it. You know it.

joesmokey

Any lasting impressions for Killing Floor for someone that never bothered to get it on all the previous sales?

Worth <$5?

Edit:
Who am I kidding, I already caved :(.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Daily Deal:
Bunch Of Heroes
-50% = &#8364;4,99

This is honestly one of the worst games I've played in the last year.

I have an extra key from the Indie Gala for this game and I refuse to give it to anyone because of how bad it is.

MRORANGE

I am going to pitch in and say that Bunch of Hero's is a good game, there's not many 4 player top down shooters, I guess most of the hate steams from the Steam Christmas achievement which was pretty absurd.

I am going to pitch in and say that Bunch of Hero's is a good game, there's not many 4 player top down shooters, I guess most of the hate steams from the Steam Christmas achievement which was pretty absurd.

Yeah, I enjoyed it also. But I'm a big fan of twin-stick shooters in general.

MRORANGE

Yeah, I enjoyed it also. But I'm a big fan of twin-stick shooters in general.

yeah it got a lot of flak from here, honestly if you get one or two friends it can be a real blast.

Do you think guy that The Darkness II could went cheaper on steam?

There's any coupon that I could use on this purchase? :D

all games get cheaper it's if you want to wait or not.

Well my question is, do I need to wait or buy it right now?

well that really depends if you really want to play it now or later, prety sure someone made a OT for it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm just not sure what there is to like about Bunch of Heroes, though.

The controls are not as responsive as they should be. The power-ups are terrible. The enemy types can be downright unfair. The system for getting back into the game if you die is honestly the stupidest design decision I've ever seen in a videogame.

Nation Red is superior to it in damn near every way.

yeah it got a lot of flak from here, honestly if you get one or two friends it can be a real blast.

all games get cheaper it's if you want to wait or not.

well that really depends if you really want to play it now or later, prety sure someone made a OT for it.

Thank you Sir, As you said, one day it will be cheaper, so right NOW I'm not going to play it, so I can wait!

The controls are not as responsive as they should be. The power-ups are terrible. The enemy types can be downright unfair. The system for getting back into the game if you die is honestly the stupidest design decision I've ever seen in a videogame.

Nation Red is superior to it in damn near every way.

I agree with you there. Never noticed any problems with the controls, though.

Joe Molotov

It would be better if you just had like 3 or 4 lives and you had to wait 30 seconds to get back in the game. Having it double every time was just stupid, especially when you can string a long a lone enemy forever to keep the next wave from starting. So it just come down to a matter of how long you want to wait to get your team respawned.

Volcynika

This man speaks the truth.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Indeed. Figured it was just a vague hint since they don't usually reference digital competitors outside of Steam directly.

Speaking of which Tony just spoke mentioned it straight up lol.

I can't get specific on timelines and pricepoints right now but yes, we will have an offer that is more than 40% discounted next week...I'm ordering lots of keys so we don't run out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom